Recruiting Alabama QB commit Mac Jones from The Bolles School (in Jax)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see a problem with us not offering. Allen's been recruiting like crazy for us. Why wouldn't we try to do right by the kid? Not to mention I think Allen is the perfect fit for Mac's system.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's a Bama plant at UF.:lol3:

Do you think Bear Bryant turned away top talent because he already had somebody? Heck no. He stockpiled as many as he could just to keep them off other teams.

What if Allen gets hurt? What if somebody's bagman shows up and he flips? You never know what's going to happen with these kids in recruiting. I definitely would never turn away a lifelong Gator that's rated so high?

Another questionable recruiting move by this staff. :facepalm:
You know Bryant never really had to worry about scholarship restrictions? He would offer kids just so he didn't have to play against them. It's a different time.

Oh and the Bama plant got us an East title with Treon for half the season.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If memory serves me correctly, Muschamp intended to run a pro-style attack all along, but he used the option more starting in 2013 and switched completely to the spread in 2014 because all we had were spread QB's.

It's doubtful that we would have been much better considering who the head coach was, but what we do know in hindsight is that Muschamp passed on a future 1st rounder for a guy that has been completely irrelevant throughout his career. That poor decision is one of many poor decisions that led to our offensive ineptitude over the last couple of years.
To be fair Lynch was ranked just as low if not lower than Morningwood...and we sure as **** know Lynch wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round had he come to UF under that idiot that used to coach here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.