Antonneous Clayton announces transfer

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dude there was an epic thread by most of the board calling Bullard a flop despite him demanding double and even triple teams
Bullard & Floyd were the 2 most complete defensive linemen to go through UF that I can remember in ages. Ironically Floyd benefited greatly from the emergence of Hunter in his last 2 years because it allowed Easley and Floyd to be the ends(DT's) when Chump used a 3 man front in 2012......Remember Lerentee McCray(5X's the player RoPo was) would slide to the "Buck" end and on occasion or stick his hand in the dirt and show opposing offenses a 4-3...Trust me when I tell you nobody appreciates a space eating S.O.B more than me....Hell, stuff the run and you can rush the passer from any position on the field.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
lulz..... no. He isnt a lock for anything and he knows it.
If polite, cece and zuniga leave, I don't believe there be too many guys left at that position. I would imagine he'd have that kid from American heritage to compete with for snaps. I'm having a hard time remembering who we have. But I'd like to see him get some pt before he transfers.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Dude there was an epic thread by most of the board calling Bullard a flop despite him demanding double and even triple teams

Always liked him. We used to get studs on the line. Rarely do they come in and dominate as frosh.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If polite, cece and zuniga leave, I don't believe there be too many guys left at that position. I would imagine he'd have that kid from American heritage to compete with for snaps. I'm having a hard time remembering who we have. But I'd like to see him get some pt before he transfers.
2018 Football Roster - Florida Gators

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

You’re thinking of Chatfield.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any end can play that end position bc they aren't hybrid and don't ever drop back into coverage. All they do is rush which is why they just call it Rush now.

The goal is to have real SEC sized ends again, think 270lbs at least but 290-310 is better going against 300-330 lb SEC OTs.

We've been WAC sized for too damn long.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes! Outside of chat field, who else is there to play that hybrid LB/ rush end spot?

Moon. He's over 240 and has played quit a bit this year. He'll likely be at 250+ by next season. Summerall is a similar build. Not sure why anyone would pass on him - as they're not beating down our doors. If we miss on him, we're taking a flyer on a low 3-star that none of us have heard of.

Chatfield will be in the CeCe/Zuniga/Polite mold. I really hope he's not 6' even (as listed) - he was 6'2 when he came out of HS.

Langham will be a DE/DT, but not a rush End. He's already 285+ and he's going to redshirt. Zach Carter is in this mold as well.

Lang likely moves over to DE, especially if we get Zipperer. He's 6'5 255.

Other than those 5, we don't have much youth at DE. So, if Clayton can be patient, he's got a shot at a lot of playing time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really think we keep playing this 4-2-5 shyt?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And which SEC East teams run a base 11?

Am I watching the wrong conference?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Clowtown and mizzu, I agree. No one else.

We are in base nickel out of poor roster management, not bc we are seeing 3-4 receivers out of these archaic run offenses in the SEC.

Many of the team even when the line up with another receiver they are decoys with QBs that can't hit anything but screens anyway. Latroy Pittman WRs whose primary "skill" is blocking.

We are getting killed vs the run with flyweight ends giving up 70 pounds to the other teams OTs and a safety in the box where the other OLB should be.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Sidehat Special

He was actually very highly rated coming out of high school.
I'm not saying that stars are unimportant but they are overrated. They do become meaningless when the player arrives and finds that everybody is talented and serious. You better get your head right if you want to play.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We are getting killed vs the run with flyweight ends giving up 70 pounds to the other teams OTs and a safety in the box where the other OLB should be.
I'd say we ARE at least 2 players "light" to get a shutdown against the run. Another large tackle and another beefy LB.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
smh.... all these guys and Johnathan Bullard were solid run stoppers all along.

But chicks dig sacks.

Id take a run stopper over a guy who is only good on third and long EVERY FVKKING DAY.
Sacks of money

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator