Any insights on Ole Miss/TCU

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014
TheDouglas78;n140379 said:
So Freeze isn't responsible for Wallace , Wallacing... But Muschamp is at fault for Driskel, Driskeling... Both coaches are at fault for their players, playing the way they do.

Two different situations. Driskel has Driskeled more times than he hasn't. Wallace usually plays bad for a game or two, then has a string of good dominating games. So Muschamp is to blame for not making a change very early. Freeze is resposible for Wallace also. But, after watchiing this kid for 4 years, there is no help when he stinks it up this bad.

Barring a major miracle......this game is done.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n140413 said:
Pretty much this. He has the best team Ole Miss has had since..............? and he lost to Arkansas 30-0 and is getting absolutely embarrassed today.

To kind of revisit the Harbaugh thread from a few nights ago, the two slam dunk candidates that we should've paid a gazillion dollars for are sitting a collective score of 6-68 three quarters of the way through bowl season.

It's a bold move, Cotton...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've never based much on the performance in meaningless bowl games. I think it's extremely hard to get the players motivated, especially with so much time off before the game. How many times have we seen this stuff? Remember Bama getting crushed by Utah? Remember us getting crushed by Louisville? Nobody gives a damn about these games, including the players.

There's too many bowl games. I read that 61% of the teams made a bowl - that's ridiculous. It should be 25% or less. Make it 8 wins to be eligible. However, there's too much money in it to do that.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Did anyone else notice how disinterested the offense was on the sidelines when Wallace was trying to fire them up? You can't blame this disaster solely on qb play when he has Zero time in the backfield... Ole miss mailed it in early and clearly does not give a crap... What happened to playing for pride?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
And, TCU is rubbing their nose in it almost every play! Wow!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n140437 said:
I've never based much on the performance in meaningless bowl games. I think it's extremely hard to get the players motivated, especially with so much time off before the game. How many times have we seen this stuff? Remember Bama getting crushed by Utah? Remember us getting crushed by Louisville? Nobody gives a damn about these games, including the players.

There's too many bowl games. I read that 61% of the teams made a bowl - that's ridiculous. It should be 25% or less. Make it 8 wins to be eligible. However, there's too much money in it to do that.
That's bs ox. Jim mcelwains a way better coach than Bob stoops. Didn't you watch the Russel athletic jock strap bowl?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n140437 said:

Saban's second year. Muschamp.

I agree that you can't take too much from the bowls. But this is one of the best OM teams in recent history, Freeze supposedly has them on this upswing, and they're getting raped. Again, I'm not saying this makes him a terrible coach. But it only adds validity to the feeling that he's far from a sure thing.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree!! Totally uninspired and unprepared on a national stage says something about his ability to take ole miss to the next level

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just turned on the TV and holy crap. Ole Piss has really wet the bed in this game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n140449 said:
I agree that you can't take too much from the bowls. But this is one of the best OM teams in recent history, Freeze supposedly has them on this upswing, and they're getting raped. Again, I'm not saying this makes him a terrible coach. But it only adds validity to the feeling that he's far from a sure thing.
I guess I don't recall that many people claiming he was a "sure thing" - just a good prospect for UF. I certainly never considered him that.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Announcers just mentioned ole miss DID show up to play, but jus getting out matched... What a joke!

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I sure am glad we didn't offer Freeze 5M a year.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Coaching is not the only reason that Ole Miss is getting BEATCHED slapped, but I was on record saying Freeze was nothing more than a glorified high school coach while the majority on this board and other places were calling Freeze a home run hire. The only 2 current coaches that I had any interest in that were feasible were Patterson (TCU) and Dantoni (MSU). I am glad that most people are getting to see what I have seen since Freeze was at Ole Miss. But I will say this, most college coaches are glorified high school coaches. I just prefer we not have one coaching our team!

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
oxrageous;n140437 said:

I agree. We are watering down the post season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Then don't watch all these bowls. Why does it bother you guys we get a couple extra weeks of college football games?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n140437 said:

I believe bowl apathy is much more common with big schools that typically expect to be in more meaningful bowls, but for the smaller schools it still means something. You better believe ECU will come to play, and if our boys are in "bowl apathy" mode, it will be ugly.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Ole Miss has been destroyed by injuries. TCU is trying to prove to the country that they got shafted. That's a recipe for disaster. With that said, they should not be wetting the bed this badly.........

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Okeechobee Joe;n137877 said:
I look at this game just the opposite. I think TCU plays down because they did not make the play-offs. I think Ole Miss has more to prove than TCU being ranked 9th while TCU is ranked 6th. Ole Miss was flying high until they just barely lost to LSU and Auburn then after falling out of contention for the play-offs, the Rebels lost all incentive to play on a wet dreary day in Fayetteville and were run out of the park by Arkansas. But the Rebs got it together and won big over Mississippi State. I think Ole Miss is on the upswing. Ole Miss is the better team. Their running game picked it up a notch against State and I think Bo Wallace will have a big day against TCU.

To Deuce et. al. I have some more picks of upcoming games if you want to know who is going win.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It is hard enough predicting what teams will do from week to week, and even harder after a layoff. TCU brought the goods today and Ole Miss played flat. But hey, you only missed by about 39 points...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator