Any insights on Ole Miss/TCU

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WOW!! What a BLOWOUT this game is!! Ole Miss not helping out the SEC in this game. I guess we can say that we thankfully didn't get Hugh Freeze huh?? LoL

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
This game was over in the 2nd Qtr and I wouldn't be happy as a Bears fan. No heart by Ole Miss.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n138025 said:
You guys haven't learned about Big 12 defenses yet?
Please, tell us about that Big12 defense.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Bowls should be just as important as regular season games... People pay more per ticket, travel further and book hotels... Coaches should be held accountable for a showing like this... I would bet the 35,000. Ole miss fans that bothered to travel, plunk down &100 per ticket, parking, food, etc would tend to agree...

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n140517 said:
Here's an insight: Hugh Freeze is fools gold.

Don't tell that to all the guys who say that dudes like Patterson and Briles wouldn't be good enough for UF. Hugh Freeze won one big game and he's the hottest coach in America in their eyes, while coaches at TCU and Baylor bring it every year but somehow they don't have what it takes.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
FireFoley;n140464 said:
Coaching is not the only reason that Ole Miss is getting BEATCHED slapped, but I was on record saying Freeze was nothing more than a glorified high school coach while the majority on this board and other places were calling Freeze a home run hire. The only 2 current coaches that I had any interest in that were feasible were Patterson (TCU) and Dantoni (MSU). I am glad that most people are getting to see what I have seen since Freeze was at Ole Miss. But I will say this, most college coaches are glorified high school coaches. I just prefer we not have one coaching our team!

Yep!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Dude was completely lost today. Magic run is over and he goes back to .500 or below before being fired in 2 years.....Some of you will be saying "what was I thinking" when you look back at this brush with catastrophe.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Me thinks TCU was a bit pissed at pOSU passing over them and into the top four. Statement made, in crystal clear fashion. If Bammer pounds pOSU as expected,. then TCU has every right to gripe, especially since they completely embarrassed the one team that beat Bammer.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what to make of it. College football can be such a crapshoot.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Is it possible Ole Miss was simply a let down bunch from not having made it to the SEC Championship?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n140646]Is it possible Ole Miss was simply a let down bunch from not having made it to the SEC Championship? [/QUOTE]

No. They were simply out coached. No offensive adjustments whatsoever. Looked as bad or worse than us most of the time. No excuse also for not being in your players ears about getting their asses kicked....Freeze just stands there like Muschamp but without the emotion....Thank god Foley found him some anti freeze.....

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gosh, TCU treated Ole Miss like it treats its out of conference opponents ?

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bo Collins really turned out to be nothing special. It might be a combination of bad coaching or prep for this game but Freeze is sure a bust in my mind. They should change the name from the Peach Bowl to the INT Bowl after this sham of a contest. Let down? You can make an argument for that ala 'Bama vs. Utah but to get rolled like Ole Miss was....Wow. Smoke and mirrors. That's all they turned out to be in the end. Glad we didn't even vet Freeze.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n140355 said:
TCU should have been a playoff team, Ole Miss' team is decimated by injuries. I for one expected this.

I agree TCU should have been in the playoffs, but who should have been dropped?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n142282 said:

:nole:s

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n142282 said:

On paper I would have said FSU was the least deserving team having played absolutely nobody, but how do you leave out an undefeated team? In hindsight it's pretty clear they had no business being in the playoffs.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n142329 said:
On paper I would have said FSU was the least deserving team having played absolutely nobody, but how do you leave out an undefeated team? In hindsight it's pretty clear they had no business being in the playoffs.

Agreed that the noles were the weakest team but no chance an undefeated team in a Power 5 conference was going to be left out. TCU just proved that 4 teams in not enough for the playoffs. It will need to be expanded to include at least 6 or max out at 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.