Any legs to the whole "they were stealing our signals" stuff?

Gatorboy856

May 18, 2016
Just curious, I don't remember where I read it but I do remember a blurb about it somewhere...Any legs to the rumor???

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rumor by one of our posters. Said they had a friend in the stands that saw some suspicious stuff. Have seen zero confirmation.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Did they really have to steal our signals? In the second half it was run run run...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Its not that unusual but one shot I saw of their coordinators in the box showed one of them with binoculars fixed on the field. Who knows what he was looking at.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Why would you need to steal those signs? Its the same shiite Nusschamp always has run.

How do they steal the signs when the QB is wearing an armband? Knowing the play is Red 8 or whatever does nothing if you cant decode it by reading the arm band abd that changes each series.

Is someone alleging they paid off Trash to give them the signals? Trash is a career clipboard holder. I dont doubt his dedication to his duties.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious, I don't remember where I read it but I do remember a blurb about it somewhere...Any legs to the rumor???
I remember reading that as well and I thought the guys friend in the stands was just pulling his leg, alleging that UT was stealing our signals. :dunno:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand. Why would it be "Stealing"? Is there some unwritten rule, like in Baseball, that says that's not allowed? Is it unsportsmanlike conduct? Is it a penalty?

If Tennessee actually did figure out our signals good for them. As others have said, I'm sure it was only 2 or 3 signals which probably included a "be sure to fair catch a punt inside the 5 yard line."

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
...Any legs to the rumor???
Haven't heard anymore about it, but there was another one going around...something about UT sending Mac some play ideas after they stuffed everything. Wanting more of a challenge, I think.
:)

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
Why would anyone want to steal Nussmeier's plays? Saban told him to hit the road, and then he sucked at Michigan. He sucked last year at UF. It's akin to the idea of assassinating Hitler during WWII. That plan was nixed because keeping him alive was helping the Allies immensely.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why would anyone want to steal Nussmeier's plays? Saban told him to hit the road, and then he sucked at Michigan. He sucked last year at UF. It's akin to the idea of assassinating Hitler during WWII. That plan was nixed because keeping him alive was helping the Allies immensely.

I am still wondering how Nuss managed to have a 3,000 + yard passing QB at Washington I think it was years ago as the OC. Maybe the head coach ran the offense or something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.