Anzalone likely gone

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
i just knew with all the pre-season hype he was getting that he was doomed.

he re-injured the shoulder that took him out and required surgery year before last. Davis says he saw Alex getting x-rays in the locker room with his parents in attendance and all of them looked pretty glum.

we played much of the game with only two LBs.

Rolin and Anzalone are not able to hold up under the physical punishment of the position.

if Morrison re-injures his knee cancel Christmas.

despite all the talk about the OL and QBs, the LB situation is absolutely dire. Shannon has to perform miracles with McMillan and Powell.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ugh. Not entirely surprising.

Is Rolin even practicing? I never did hear about him.

If Morrison gets hurt again? McCallister and Sherit could play OLB (and will if they go pro), Neal and Harris probably should be at LB due to weak coverage skills. We will see how it goes. One of the walkons looked decent. DL Powell I think.

Here we go. It isn't even October yet.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Law98gator;n277975 said:
Ugh. Not entirely surprising. Is Rolin even practicing? I never did hear about him.

no. recovering from back surgery. still a couple months away.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I really feel bad for Anzalone. I'm holding out hope that it isn't the end of the line for him, but realistically I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tough to be a starting LB in the SEC with lingering shoulder issues.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Coach said he had a chicken wing. X-Rays have been released showing the injury.

fionn%2Bxray1.jpg

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You can bet that better teams will scheme to take advantage of this weakness. This is another position that dawgchump neglected to keep up the numbers.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
CaribGator;n278236 said:
You can bet that better teams will scheme to take advantage of this weakness. This is another position that dawgchump neglected to keep up the numbers.
Who needs linebackers when you play 5 or 6 DBs?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
that was supposed to be such a good LB class. Anzalone has a ton of talent but has injury issues, Rolin can't stay healthy enough to find out if he's talented, McMillain? is he smart enough to play college ball? and then there is our 3* Davis who is getting everything out of the talent he has.

It does look like Powell is finally contributing

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
LongTooth;n277979 said:
no. recovering from back surgery. still a couple months away.

Really? We went from Mac saying he was banged up, "it's something every day with that guy", to a secret surgery? Or is it that he's still recovering from something earlier in the year and came back too soon?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well lets see how this one turns out. But needless to say we are dangerously thin at LB.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;278254 said:
that was supposed to be such a good LB class. Anzalone has a ton of talent but has injury issues, Rolin can't stay healthy enough to find out if he's talented, McMillain? is he smart enough to play college ball? and then there is our 3* Davis who is getting everything out of the talent he has.

The problem with Powell is that he is only about 130 pounds.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n278254 said:
Contributing at what? He's smaller than the safeties and nickels. He sure as hell hasn't been contributing in the weight room the last FOUR years. Apparently he doesn't even know we have one.

I sure hope Rayshad Jackson is ready sooner rather than later.

I did notice that we have a #50 Singletary. He has to be good, even if I've never heard of him. I meant RJ Raymond earlier when I mentioned walkons, not DL Powell. The initials got me. The snuck a ton of walkons on the roster recently.

What is the deal with Rolin exactly? When was this surgery and when is he expected back?

What about Harrell?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n278408 said:
Contributing at what? He's smaller than the safeties and nickels. He sure as hell hasn't been contributing in the weight room the last FOUR years. Apparently he doesn't even know we have one.

I sure hope Rayshad Jackson is ready sooner rather than later.

I did notice that we have a #50 Singletary. He has to be good, even if I've never heard of him. I meant RJ Raymond earlier when I mentioned walkons, not DL Powell. The initials got me. The snuck a ton of walkons on the roster recently.

What is the deal with Rolin exactly? When was this surgery and when is he expected back?

What about Harrell?

Just seemed like Powell was getting some pressure when he was in there. Think he's only in on 3rd down passing plays.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Law98gator;n278259 said:
Really? We went from Mac saying he was banged up, "it's something every day with that guy", to a secret surgery? Or is it that he's still recovering from something earlier in the year and came back too soon?

here is the report from the G-ville Sun. Herniated disc. Had procedure to correct it. won't be back until sometime in October at the earliest.

https://www.gainesville.com/article/20150910/articles/150919977

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n278420 said:
Just seemed like Powell was getting some pressure when he was in there. Think he's only in on 3rd down passing plays.
3rd down passing plays make sense for him.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
just took another look at the depth chart as of Friday before the game.

Anzalone was not only starting Strongside LB, he was Morrison's backup inside.

if Antonio goes down we have air back there at Middle LB. :eek:hnoes:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
224 lb Powell gives up twenty pounds to the injured starter Anzalone who had buffed out to 244.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.