AR named Colts starting QB; out for season

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That video gave me ptsd reminders about thinking he was throwing picks o my for them to be thrown too hard for the defense to intercept. He had about 5 passes hit defenders square in the hands, but faster than any Juggs setting.
Colts fans assure me that it isn’t AR’s fault. He is an accurate QB. Their receivers just suck.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Colts fans assure me that it isn’t AR’s fault. He is an accurate QB. Their receivers just suck.
They suck because they don't have any fingers left from him blowing them off in practice running 5-yard outs.

The guy desperately needs to learn some touch.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
They suck because they don't have any fingers left from him blowing them off in practice running 5-yard outs.

The guy desperately needs to learn some touch.
This is the part I don't get. Even Franks eventually learned to throw with some touch. He sucked at it, but he tried. What was AR's personal QB coach teaching him? I don't have the articles in front of me. I did read our receivers commented about Mertz ability to take something off the ball.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is the part I don't get. Even Franks eventually learned to throw with some touch. He sucked at it, but he tried. What was AR's personal QB coach teaching him? I don't have the articles in front of me. I did read our receivers commented about Mertz ability to take something off the ball.
I'm sure dozens of coaches have tried to help AR with his footwork and other outrageous mechanical issues. It all falls on deaf ears. The poor offensive coaching staff for the Colts is headed for a lot of sleepless nights.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How many times have we seen an immensely talented guy with sloppy mechanics land as an NFL project? How many times has the team been able to make the necessary adjustments to muscle memory?

Richardson is in some ways a victim of his own unique talent. He has no business being in the NFL this early but it was destined to be that way. This won't turn out well, I'm afraid.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How many times have we seen an immensely talented guy with sloppy mechanics land as an NFL project? How many times has the team been able to make the necessary adjustments to muscle memory?

Richardson is in some ways a victim of his own unique talent. He has no business being in the NFL this early but it was destined to be that way. This won't turn out well, I'm afraid.
And if he's going to be in the NFL this early, they need to sit him a year or two. Throwing him to the wolves right away is absolutely a recipe for disaster.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And if he's going to be in the NFL this early, they need to sit him a year or two. Throwing him to the wolves right away is absolutely a recipe for disaster.

I couldn't agree more. He went to the wrong NFL team, the one with a loudmouth owner who likes to weigh in on personnel and who is in love with the AR myth.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I would imagine this could create some tension in the locker room too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
AR isn't helped by the lousy WR's out there. Pittman is their best WR and he's mediocre. Jonathan Taylor, their best offensive player, is holding out and demanding a trade, leaving the Colts with a bunch of RB's that they found in a Home Depot parking lot. He desperately needed a running game to take pressure off him and that went up in smoke. I'll bet he gets blitzed into oblivion every week.

It's not a good situation.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
AR isn't helped by the lousy WR's out there. Pittman is their best WR and he's mediocre. Jonathan Taylor, their best offensive player, is holding out and demanding a trade, leaving the Colts with a bunch of RB's that they found in a Home Depot parking lot. He desperately needed a running game to take pressure off him and that went up in smoke. I'll bet he gets blitzed into oblivion every week.

As we learned last season, the OC better not run playaction. AR will meltdown on the sideline to the point of tears.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

This right here is the main problem. Any personnel manager worth his paycheck knows you get the best RBs at Buc-ee”s.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Is AR better than Minshew? I thought AR's game film looked like he needs work and that he was throwing into coverage. Was he missing open receivers?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
This right here is the main problem. Any personnel manager worth his paycheck knows you get the best RBs at Buc-ee”s.
Brisket, ammo and a hunting license, all at 2am. Throw in a couple croots and winner winner brisket dinner.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Trey Lance was traded yesterday. How long before AR washes out and is traded? 3 years?

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
Here's my prediction, after a few bad games and just a touch of adversity, AR goes on injured reserve for a sprained thumb. After a few trades and a couple more injuries, he quietly ends his NFL career forever being talked about what could have been.
I don't like your prediction, but I agree with it. I think it will be a knee or ankle injury though.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's all about ROI, merch, $.....how many Minshew jerseys you think would be sold? How much press would Minshew generate? They'd much rather the AR physical specimen represent the face. He might as well be a gladiator in the arena with a pocket knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.