AR named Colts starting QB; out for season

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Minshew is ahead of him in the playbook.

But of course the bigger issue is Richardson is having accuracy problems.

Not sure that’s a secret…

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Just wait til AR gets a stone bruise on his ankle or knee…

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

shocking :lol:

His success in the NFL will be entirely on the shoulders of the Colts coaching staff and their patience with him.
He's going to need A LOT of coaching.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Accuracy has been a problem for AR all the way back to his freshman year of high school. I highly doubt it is suddenly going to improve to a reasonable level.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I know obviously there will be a push for him to start, but Minshew is a smart quarterback and would be a good person for him to sit behind. Even if only for a year. Not even unique to AR, I think most of these kids coming out today do not have the mental toughness to be thrown into the fire. If they’re smart they’ll go slow.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm pulling for AR because it makes Florida and CBN look good and recruiting top tier QBs easier.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If hope is plan 1 and wishing is plan 2............. You don't have much of a plan!

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Could care less what he does in the pro's. Certainly, no reflection on Napier or our program that a fragile head case couldn't/can make it in the NFL.
If he was a competitive type kid in the first place, he wouldn't have tanked his only year starting for us.

He had chances to be great and chose not to.

I'm glad I don't have to sit through another season, knowing his potential, praying he plays up to it, and finally being dejected when he rarely does.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's generally not a good sign when a quarterback has accuracy issues while wearing shorts and shades.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I'm pulling for AR because it makes Florida and CBN look good and recruiting top tier QBs easier.
Good point. The other side of that is, if he's inaccurate in the NFL, also easy for recruits to see that perhaps AR just didn't have "it". So the deal is, if AR makes some incredible plays and his legend grows, it's because CBN developed him. If he screws the pooch, it's because he never had it to begin with and that's not CBN's fault. I think we can work with that. :lol2:

I see AR as a guy that will look great at times, make some bone headed passes when it counts. But that's life.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have no ill will toward AR, I hope he does well but I wouldn't bet 1$ than he is a success in the nfl.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I see AR as a guy that will look great at times, make some bone headed passes when it counts. But that's life.
I have a difficult time believing AR will be successful considering his historic meltdown in the UK game. You don't see that every day. And, he wasn't much better in the next game against USF. I have to believe a playcaller seeing his QB crap the bed to that degree makes him hold back in what he wants to do with the offense. I'm impressed with CBN considering the head case he was working with in AR.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I have a difficult time believing AR will be successful considering his historic meltdown in the UK game. You don't see that every day. And, he wasn't much better in the next game against USF. I have to believe a playcaller seeing his QB crap the bed to that degree makes him hold back in what he wants to do with the offense. I'm impressed with CBN considering the head case he was working with in AR.
I do not disagree. Based on the situations you referenced, it seems unlikely he would be unable to play well against NFL defenses. Those were particularly bad unforced errors. The light could come on though. He could be amazing. I hope so, but I would not bet on it. Makes me wonder why an NFL team made such a gamble. I thought he would drop to the second round.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I do not disagree. Based on the situations you referenced, it seems unlikely he would be unable to play well against NFL defenses. Those were particularly bad unforced errors. The light could come on though. He could be amazing. I hope so, but I would not bet on it. Makes me wonder why an NFL team made such a gamble. I thought he would drop to the second round.
They made the gamble because he's the most athletic QB in the history of the NFL according to the combine. That said, the quality that made Michael Jordan the GOAT more than anything else was his mental toughness and will to win. Same with Brady. AR has never really shown that so far. Perhaps that's due to age and immaturity and he can develop it, but it will take time. I think the best thing for him is to not win the starting role for the next 2 to 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator