AR named Colts starting QB; out for season

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The other Indy quarterbacks were almost perfect in the game.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Unless Google is stupid which is entirely possible, it says the game is today at 5pm against the Dallas Trans-boys.

I was just looking for an excuse to work Old English into a discussion of the Jags. The joke obviously sucked. Let’s just move on.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was just looking for an excuse to work Old English into a discussion of the Jags. The joke obviously sucked. Let’s just move on.
Don’t sweat it. Your Old English just needs a little work…

IMG_0204.jpeg

…my Nizzle!

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First drive of AR's NFL life.....interception. :lol:

Will he already be turtling up on the sideline? They really are playing with fire in terms of his confidence. You would think the greatest physical QB specimen God ever made would be more confident, but he has a problem with that.
Did you bust a nut?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I watched his highlights and despite the pick (on a deflection) I thought he looked like a pretty typical rookie. Now I know that’s not what the expectations are, but watching him last year, you had to know there would be a learning curve. His accuracy needs work along with footwork on throws, so we’re seeing him picking up about where he left off in Gainesville. So, Isray might not have started the Pepe Lopez just yet. But he’s still realistically a project, a very physically gifted one, and before all is said and done, his heart and head will dictate his course.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Steve Spurrier is a Gator through and through, Danny Wuerffell, Tim Tebow, even Kyle Trask, Gators through and through.

AR couldn't give a rats ass about the University Of Florida.
UF, Nothing but a training ground for his future aspirations.

Personally, I don't think a single loss we suffered last year, affected him at all. While most of us go into a deep depression for hours or even days after a loss, I'm thinking AR was watching the NFL every sunday, looking for future opportunities.

In turn, I could give a rats ass whether he succeeds or fails in the NFL.
He already has what he wanted, Cash.

That’s just the new reality. Kids are going to play for Raymond(for example) because of his future-NFL resume. I don’t think that necessarily means they don’t care. And yes, AR came from a ridiculously impoverished area of Gainesville. He just changed his family’s trajectory entirely. I had issues with some of the things he did last year, but I also get it. And I can say from first hand experience that this was a kid who stayed for hours after game’s giving autographs and interacting with kids after games, even when his family was telling him to wrap it up. And that was when he wasn’t even a starter. I’m fully in the camp that we actually look better this year overall with Mertz. But that’s not personal with regard to AR. If anyone of us had that kind of money hanging out there, we’d do the same thing, and rightly so.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
That’s just the new reality. Kids are going to play for Raymond(for example) because of his future-NFL resume. I don’t think that necessarily means they don’t care. And yes, AR came from a ridiculously impoverished area of Gainesville. He just changed his family’s trajectory entirely. I had issues with some of the things he did last year, but I also get it. And I can say from first hand experience that this was a kid who stayed for hours after game’s giving autographs and interacting with kids after games, even when his family was telling him to wrap it up. And that was when he wasn’t even a starter. I’m fully in the camp that we actually look better this year overall with Mertz. But that’s not personal with regard to AR. If anyone of us had that kind of money hanging out there, we’d do the same thing, and rightly so.
Hey, Thans for the background info.
All good.
But, your last sentence," If anyone of us had that kind of money hanging out there, we’d do the same thing, and rightly so."...Negative.
You either love your school, lay it on the line, hustle, bust your ass, do everything to WIN!....Or you don't.
We've had those kind of players.

AR is NOT, that kind of player.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Hey, Thans for the background info.
All good.
But, your last sentence," If anyone of us had that kind of money hanging out there, we’d do the same thing, and rightly so."...Negative.
You either love your school, lay it on the line, hustle, bust your ass, do everything to WIN!....Or you don't.
We've had those kind of players.

AR is NOT, that kind of player.

I don’t disagree that he often didn’t lay it on the line. But guys like Tebow, even DW didn’t have the projection that he did. Dexter laid it on the line, even playing in the bowl game. But he didn’t come back for his Sr year. Is he not a Gator? Rhetorical, of course, but you see my point. It gets tricky. Again though, you’re not wrong.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
We had those players at one time who loved UF laid it on the line but they didnt have 20+ million dangled in front of them either. I have loved UF since I was a kid. When you come from his side of the tracks and have family (mom and siblings) that love trumps UF love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator