AR named Colts starting QB; out for season

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The above Twitter link is pretty cool. AR going above and beyond again.
He's a great dude, no doubt. Heart is always in the right place.... if he can overcome his mental hurdles and stay healthy he'll be great, but that may be the hardest thing for him to do. Hopefully he gets it figured out.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
AR is going to be fine. He just needs to play. He doesn’t have enough experience.
Yeah, learning against NFL defenses will go swimmingly, I'm sure.

Trey Lance was supposed to be AR before AR. He had little experience. He sucks balls.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, learning against NFL defenses will go swimmingly, I'm sure.

Trey Lance was supposed to be AR before AR. He had little experience. He sucks balls.
I didn’t even know who Trey Lance was before he got drafted

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
AR is going to be fine. Good kid who has a good heart. Those millions will take him a long way no matter how it shakes out. But he will be deemed a failure from day one by haters. Im hoping for the best. As always.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AR is going to be fine. Good kid who has a good heart. Those millions will take him a long way no matter how it shakes out. But he will be deemed a failure from day one by haters. Im hoping for the best. As always.
Was this a shot at Ox?
:popcorn:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"Fine" because of his 34 million guaranteed? That isn't the debate, doofus. We aren't discussing his investment portfolio. How about giving us just ONE sports take after 9 years on this site?

Yeesh, you're the Mr. Rogers of the board. This isn't about his "good heart".

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He was far better statistically than AR, that's for sure.

AR is a nice guy, my take isn't personal. I'm just telling you that he's going to get an entire coaching staff fired.
It would’ve made a lot more sense for him to stay in college for at least another year. Probably two years. But if I was in his shoes and somebody was gonna draft me in the top 5 picks, I would’ve done the exact same thing.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Baptism by fire in the NFL has crushed more dreams than you could count. I agree that it rarely works.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It would’ve made a lot more sense for him to stay in college for at least another year. Probably two years. But if I was in his shoes and somebody was gonna draft me in the top 5 picks, I would’ve done the exact same thing.
I would have left too. Without hesitation. I just think he could benefit GREATLY from sitting behind Gardner Minshew for at least a few games.

Minshew isn't much for physical tools, but he's shown he's pretty tough mentally.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would have left too. Without hesitation. I just think he could benefit GREATLY from sitting behind Gardner Minshew for at least a few games.
I think the problem with him sitting behind Minshew is he’s not getting experience. And he already has no experience. He needs to be on the field. It would’ve been much better for him to get that at the collegiate level.

Hell, Peyton had a crap ton of experience going into the NFL, and he threw about a gazillion interceptions his first year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think the problem with him sitting behind Minshew is he’s not getting experience. And he already has no experience. He needs to be on the field. It would’ve been much better for him to get that at the collegiate level.

Hell, Peyton had a crap ton of experience going into the NFL, and he threw about a gazillion interceptions his first year.
Yes, but he's also extremely fragile mentally. Him throwing 26 picks like Manning did his rookie year could permanently break him. No one was worried about Manning's mentality. Great QB's immediately forget a bad play - AR hasn't shown he can do that yet.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Mr Rogers GIF by Won't You Be My Neighbor
I hear Fred was a Steelers fan in the 70s. No wonder he was so upbeat.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mr Rogers GIF by Won't You Be My Neighbor't You Be My Neighbor
I hear Fred was a Steelers fan in the 70s. No wonder he was so upbeat.
You have 8 hours from now to post a SPORTS take about what you think we can expect out of Richardson his rookie year with the Colts, and how you think the staff should use him. If I don't get it, you are gone for a month.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You have the advantage over me sir. You can not only predict the future but also look into the mind of a 19 yr old with skills way beyond my abilities. I tried to see the future as a young man but Vincent Dooley quickly abused me of that belief. I would bet a sure thing when the gators were superior (in my mind) and lose to the ball lickers. I finally realized that Dooley was appealing to his boys in brilliant ways. In so many words he would explain if they kept beating these surfer dudes down in here in the beaches of Fla they would finally get some real strange and not just sisters and cousins. He knew the surfer dudes at UF didnt have that problem and would get it either way and that resulted in less motivation to beat the dwags. So AR's future play is nothing I can confidently predict. I think he can be great. I think he can make plays that make us shake our head. If he runs a lot injuries are a real possibility. I just like the idea of a gator QB starting in the NFL with the potential to make us proud.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You have the advantage over me sir. You can not only predict the future but also look into the mind of a 19 yr old with skills way beyond my abilities. I tried to see the future as a young man but Vincent Dooley quickly abused me of that belief. I would bet a sure thing when the gators were superior (in my mind) and lose to the ball lickers. I finally realized that Dooley was appealing to his boys in brilliant ways. In so many words he would explain if they kept beating these surfer dudes down in here in the beaches of Fla they would finally get some real strange and not just sisters and cousins. He knew the surfer dudes at UF didnt have that problem and would get it either way and that resulted in less motivation to beat the dwags. So AR's future play is nothing I can confidently predict. I think he can be great. I think he can make plays that make us shake our head. If he runs a lot injuries are a real possibility. I just like the idea of a gator QB starting in the NFL with the potential to make us proud.

I don’t make all the decisions here, and Ox will have the final say. But I don’t think that qualifies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:wtf:

I don’t know what this is, but I don’t think it’s a sports take.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He was far better statistically than AR, that's for sure.

AR is a nice guy, my take isn't personal. I'm just telling you that he's going to get an entire coaching staff fired.
AR has more talent in his left nut than trey Lance.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know. Doesn't make sense to throw him to the wolves, but this is a really bad team. It's so bad that even Richardson's bad performance could go partially unnoticed beneath all the bad.

One thing I do know. The Colts will be entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator