Are the Atlanta Braves the best team in baseball?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Wow I had no idea about any of that....I was only 6 so my only recollection of that series is the VHS highlight tape I still have....you would think the players or Bobby would have noticed and said something....having said that, if Lonnie Smith watches his 3rd base coach off that Pendleton gapper in the 8th inning, we win
I think I was 10 at the time and it was crazy in the Atlanta area. As for Bobby lets just say he thought Lebrant was the right call two years in a row so he wasn't always the sharpest man.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I think I was 10 at the time and it was crazy in the Atlanta area. As for Bobby lets just say he thought Lebrant was the right call two years in a row so he wasn't always the sharpest man.

As far as 91 Game 6.....who did he have left to use? Any other lefties he could have chosen?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sitting in a hotel suite across the street from truist park, looking at the large script A from the balcony. We're here bc my son wanted to go to a game for his bday so I got tix for the last home series against the phils (my team). Fam is cheering braves, I'm all phils.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Fun while it lasted. Glasnow spit the bit tonight in a big game and we're back in 2nd place

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I'm sitting in a hotel suite across the street from truist park, looking at the large script A from the balcony. We're here bc my son wanted to go to a game for his bday so I got tix for the last home series against the phils (my team). Fam is cheering braves, I'm all phils.

The Battery is such a cool place and great atmosphere....I am going to NLDS Games 1 and 2 .....might be playing your Phils

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Haha, yes they have. But while doing so, they just became the first MLB team ever to have 4 guys with 35 homers in the same season. They have 287 team HRs with 13 games left to play. The all time record for a team is the Twins with 307. Can they hit 20 homers in 13 games? Probably doesn't help that they have everything wrapped up and will be tempted to rest guys for the next couple weeks.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Haha, yes they have. But while doing so, they just became the first MLB team ever to have 4 guys with 35 homers in the same season. They have 287 team HRs with 13 games left to play. The all time record for a team is the Twins with 307. Can they hit 20 homers in 13 games? Probably doesn't help that they have everything wrapped up and will be tempted to rest guys for the next couple weeks.

Their main focus needs to be holding onto #1 seed...I don't want to have to go to LA for Games 1/2/6/7.....we have the Nats for half the remaining games which should help but ya never know

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I am sure it will be nice but I am confused....wasn't the debate the fact they should be in TB and not St Pete?

Screenshot_20230918_090527_Messages.jpg

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I will be at the Aloft the last weekend of September too. Not going to the Braves game though as I didn't want "standing room only" tickets. My youngest two boys and I are going to meet my middle daughter there and spend a couple of days with her.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So with 9 games left to play. Ronald Acuna needs one homer and two stolen bases to be the founding member of the 40-70 club. Will he make it?

The Braves are currently 3.5 games ahead of LA, so there is incentive to play him a few more games, but do they really want him to risk injury stealing a base?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So with 9 games left to play. Ronald Acuna needs one homer and two stolen bases to be the founding member of the 40-70 club. Will he make it?

The Braves are currently 3.5 games ahead of LA, so there is incentive to play him a few more games, but do they really want him to risk injury stealing a base?
Whelp he smacked HR #40 in his first AB tonight. So….will he steal two more bases is now the question.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Whelp he smacked HR #40 in his first AB tonight. So….will he steal two more bases is now the question.

Yes….he can get to 70 next game if he wanted to….what’s more amazing to me is we could (but not likely) have 5 guys with 100+ RBI…Riley only needs 3 and Ozuna needs 10 I believe

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Acuna pretty much wrapped up the MVP tonight I think. Bottom of the 9th he singles in the tying run, then steals 2nd for his 70th sb of the season, becoming the first player to ever hit 40 HR and steal 70 bases. He then scored the winning run as the Braves clinched the NL #1 seed with their 102nd win and still six games left in the regular season.

OBTW....4 of the top 7 HR hitters in the NL are on the Braves. Crazy!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Acuna pretty much wrapped up the MVP tonight I think. Bottom of the 9th he singles in the tying run, then steals 2nd for his 70th sb of the season, becoming the first player to ever hit 40 HR and steal 70 bases. He then scored the winning run as the Braves clinched the NL #1 seed with their 102nd win and still four games left in the regular season.

OBTW....4 of the top 7 HR hitters in the NL are on the Braves. Crazy!
FIFY. :fistbump:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.