Are we going to be good this week or are we going to suck?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy DID manage to beat Massachusetts by 3, Charleston Southern by 1, and Old Dominion by 14, so they have that going for them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy's leading rusher is some kid from Gainesville High School named Ralph. Who names their kid Ralph anymore?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n100318 said:
Vandy's leading rusher is some kid from Gainesville High School named Ralph. Who names their kid Ralph anymore?

His mother had a lot of morning sickness during his pregnancy I'm told.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We say were focused, we're in no position to crow at anybody about much, we want to win out... well, time to put up or shut up. Go gators!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n100318 said:

I think it's a bad ass name

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
oxrageous;n100318 said:

Attachments

• conv_1252.jpg
    conv_1252.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 33

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ralph is just his nickname. His father named him Sue.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This is going to be a close football game. Vanderbilt is no juggarnaut, but they are playing better. They have found a quarterback in Johnny McCrarry, a red-shirt freshman. McCrarry has played in the last three games for Vandy and the Dores are 2-1. I know it has been against two weak sisters, Charleston Southern and Old Dominion, but McCrarry did pretty good against Missouri.

I've seen this before. Florida looks like world beaters, (last time out against Georgia) and then come out flat against a lesser opponent (Vanderbilt). The Gators have a hard time keeping motivated consistently. It's up or down. Vanderbilt is going to be up for this game. Nashville. Night game. So get ready for a good game.

What we won't see is Jeff Driskel run for 177 yards, 3 touchdowns, break Tebow's single game rushing record. What a difference two years makes. Driskel was riding high. Gators were undefeated when we went into Nashville. When we hit Georgia and Jordan Reed tried to leap tall buildings in a single bound, the slide started and we didn't come out of it until last week against Georgia.

We are all waiting to see if Treon Harris is going to throw the ball. How many times? How effective will he be?

I see us beating Vanderbilt. But it ain't going to be easy. Bottom line is we can still suck and if given the opportunity we will.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This team has as fragile a psyche as any Gator team I've seen. Last week we did not have anything bad happen...fumbles, drops, interceptions, etc. We got the momentum and kept it. The exact opposite against Missouri...it snowballed and we could not stop it. If we do the same this week, we should do well and play with some confidence. Just watch out for an early turnover or otherwise bad event...the mood of this team changes quickly.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
We lost one fumble and that bad snap could have been devastating. We stopped the bleeding last week, something we lost the ability to do with JD running things

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okeechobee Joe;n100375 said:
What a difference two years makes. Driskel was riding high.
Yes, that was his best game as a running back.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n100377 said:
This team has as fragile a psyche as any Gator team I've seen. Last week we did not have anything bad happen...fumbles, drops, interceptions, etc. We got the momentum and kept it. The exact opposite against Missouri...it snowballed and we could not stop it. If we do the same this week, we should do well and play with some confidence. Just watch out for an early turnover or otherwise bad event...the mood of this team changes quickly.

I think without Driskel that may change.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
MJMGator;n100282 said:
We need Queen City to do a poll!

A. We'll win in a blowout
B. We'll win a close game
C. We'll lose a close game
D. We'll lose in a blowout

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I believe how we look tonight is a big indicator of what's really going on. If we move the ball and are somewhat successful passing we may have a wonderful future. If we play like crap and squeak out a win I think it's another nail in champs coffin

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n100383 said:
If we move the ball and are somewhat successful passing we may have a wonderful future.
You think so? This is a Vandy team that lost by 30 to Temple.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If JD doesn't play, we could possibly win this game. Otherwise, Vandy gets the W in Nashville and their first winning streak vs. UF in years.

Seriously, I think we win a low scoring close game: 23-13 or something. I'd like to see TH throw the ball at least 15 times regardless.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
oxrageous;n100319 said:
Coach9 would pick us to win against the New England Patriots.

Only at the Swamp. Don't think we would fare as well in those northern climes.
:hehehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.