Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
KCgator;n95352 said:
Gary Patterson
Dan Mullen
Art Briles

In no specific order. I would have no issue with Dabo.

First two are great. Not a big Briles fan personally, but solid list.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think he would be a great pick. He is as likable as WM is
detestable with his temper. He's a great recruiter. He signed
a few we wanted badly. He is now a seasoned coach and I
wouldn't be surprised if he beat the OBC this year.

We could do a lot worse and not much better. I don't know
about everyone else but I now get nervous when Foley
starts looking.

The only one I would put in front of him is Gundy.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
oxrageous;n95327 said:
I just heard that Swinney has been offered a deal from UF that would make him the highest paid coach in football - even higher than the NFL. 6 years, $66 million!

:faint:
Please no

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n95428 said:
Maybe the trip was for Morris...?
Exactly what I was thinking. Morris is the only reason that team has a pulse. Swinney is a freaking promoted position coach. Never even been a coordinator. Chad Morris coaches that offense on the sidelines. I'd be happy with Chad Morris( not my first choice by any means) . That's his offense and they score a ton of points and they've put quite a few guys in the nfl. Morris has the same pedigree as briles freeze and malzhoun. But dabo is a joke

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n95408 said:
We get it KC, you hate Spurrier, but the thread is about Dabo. Dabo can't win the A-She-She or beat his in-state rival. Why the **** should UF even consider him?

The thread is about Dabo however it has been mentioned more than once that he hasn't beaten SOS. Two things; SOS was owned by Bobby Bowden therefore SOS is a crap coach by comparison. Secondly, the SOS has done nothing special since 1999. Please stop beating him off. At the time we hired Spurrier from Duke, he had accomplished the same or less as Dabo at Clempson.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n95431 said:
Please stop beating him off.
Dude, it's a Gator board, and Spurrier not only won a Heisman Trophy for the school he led them to their first NC (against Bobby Bowden and FSU, no less). Your hate for him for nonsensical reasons can't take that away. You embarrass yourself on this topic. I mean, a Gator fan who hates Spurrier....I never thought I'd see that.

Spurrier remains my favorite coach of all time.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n95431 said:
The thread is about Dabo however it has been mentioned more than once that he hasn't beaten SOS. Two things; SOS was owned by Bobby Bowden therefore SOS is a crap coach by comparison. Secondly, the SOS has done nothing special since 1999. Please stop beating him off. At the time we hired Spurrier from Duke, he had accomplished the same or less as Dabo at Clempson.

:jerkit:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. I can see his point. Don't pre-judge Dabo based on head-to-head. But for me he's not "hot" enough as an up-and-comer to warrant first-order priority. Who knows? That could change.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
oxrageous;n95437 said:
Dude, it's a Gator board, and Spurrier not only won a Heisman Trophy for the school he led them to their first NC (against Bobby Bowden and FSU, no less). Your hate for him for nonsensical reasons can't take that away. You embarrass yourself on this topic. I mean, a Gator fan who hates Spurrier....I never thought I'd see that.

Spurrier remains my favorite coach of all time.

Whatever. Meyer is a better coach than racist POS. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. It's no more or less valuable than mine. Deal with it.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n95444 said:
Whatever. Meyer is a better coach than racist POS. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. It's no more or less valuable than mine. Deal with it.

Ooh, sounds like someone got sand in their vagina.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n95444 said:
I never said my opinion was more "valuable" than yours. I just think you should try to back up your opinion with facts. Your ONLY argument to date that Spurrier is a racist is that he never started a black QB. That's moronic, and makes about 75% of all coaches racists. Have you got something else for us?

Did you see that great bio on Spurrier recently? For a racist, he sure has one hell of a lot of former black players that would still run through a wall for him.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dabo is too flaky for me. I'm over flaky. Give me a solid, level headed coach who knows how to recruit, runs a clean program and has a solid history. I'd be fine with any of the following:

Patterson
Briles
Stoops
Peterson
Shaw
Whittingham

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
oxrageous;n95447 said:
I never said my opinion was more "valuable" than yours. I just think you should try to back up your opinion with facts. Your ONLY argument to date that Spurrier is a racist is that he never started a black QB. That's moronic, and makes about 75% of all coaches racists. Have you got something else for us?

Did you see that great bio on Spurrier recently? For a racist, he sure has one hell of a lot of former black players that would still run through a wall for him.

I stated facts. Spurrier hasn't won jack since 1999. Fact, Spurrier has not had a black starting QB in his tenure at any school. In modern football that is unheard of. It sounds to me like your view is moronic.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits;n95448 said:
Dabo is too flaky for me. I'm over flaky. Give me a solid, level headed coach who knows how to recruit, runs a clean program and has a solid history. I'd be fine with any of the following:

Patterson
Briles
Stoops
Peterson
Shaw
Whittingham
Whittingham? Finally pops back on the radar after how many years and makes your short list?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n95451 said:
I stated facts. Spurrier hasn't won jack since 1999. Fact, Spurrier has not had a black starting QB in his tenure at any school. In modern football that is unheard of. It sounds to me like your view is moronic.
Just wow. Game, set, match. :facepalm: I'll just step out of this one now.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
oxrageous;n95453 said:
Just wow. Game, set, match. :facepalm: I'll just step out of this one now.

You're a pius dick that believes his view rules. On that you are wrong. Game, set, match that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n95451 said:
How many white running backs has he had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.