Founding Member
SOB's never set foot on campus. lmao

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n113656 said:
Why should we take on more debt? There are plenty of boosters who could kick in that. Of we could jack up prices on merchandising a $1. Or both.
Or we could do what the clowns did and use taxpayer money for upgrades.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
The whole article seems to be about the space constraints immediately surrounding the stadium. No mention of the practice field, where the indoor facility is planned. I don't think there is a need for a stadium expansion.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Something tells me that whoever is being interviewed for this job won't be referencing some random article about our facilities.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Foley's "bells and whistle's" comments is dead on. Our facilities are more than adequate. They just don't have the bells and whistles like Bama's, Oregon's, LSU and other programs are adding (like waterfalls next to the whirlpools/therapy areas and luxury lounge areas for the players - Kentucky's new basketball facility is incredible, for example). Adding bells and whistles can't be too expensive, it would just take a renovation project of the current spaces.

As far as adding onto the stadium; that would just be stupidity. That space is maxed out...and it's not being filled as it is (sure, if we start winning again it will get filled. But that's not really the issue as far as "facilities").

The IPF needs to happen...and it's not an "arms race" thing. That's part of it, but it's also simply an issue of giving the coaches every tool they need to be successful. If they use it just ONE TIME a year due to weather, imo, it's worth building. I imagine it will get use out of necessity much more than once a year.

Foley has done a good job of keeping us out of debt. However, there comes a point where he's being more cheap than prudent.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have 90 million in Bond debt..........

:scratchchin:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't think its a deal breaker. What is goes into the $$$ and contract for the new coach. It's used in some recruiting things regarding facilities. If we can get it great, but don't think it's going to effect wether a coach comes here or not.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There truly is no place to put the IPF. Several years ago I tried to fit the IPF by overlaying it on maps etc. I have yet to see a plan that creatively fits it - underground parking, putting it on top of the Odome, whatever. I think the closest spot is the President's mansion. I'm still waiting to see it actually laid out on a map that makes sense.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see any rush for better facilities. Unless things have changed (and they might have) there is a parking lot across from the stadium that could be used.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
VulcanAlex;n114868 said:
I don't see any rush for better facilities. Unless things have changed (and they might have) there is a parking lot across from the stadium that could be used.
Sure, If you just wipe out existing facilities. It's a parking lot, I'm guessing parking is needed. You can reroute roads, University Blvd, run 2nd ave thru the presidents front lawn. In 20 years of this conversation I have never seen a viable plan as to were to put it. I did hear of a plan to put it on top of the parking lot but again I've yet to see a solution.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The problem at UF is our age. We can't really expand the swamp anymore. We've recently upgraded a bunch of things but that's not the same as building brand new facilities like some of the new kids on the block. I don't believe we lose very many if any recruits because of facilities.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n114868 said:

Well, that parking lot across the street from the stadium is actually used as....A PARKING LOT during the week for students and staff to go to school/work. Parking is already at a minimum on and around campus for students/staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator