Assistant coaches get raises (big one for Collins)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like someone opened the checkbook:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/new-contract-details-florida-assistants-released/

New contract details for Florida assistants released

Florida defensive coordinator Geoff Collins became one of the highest-paid assistant coaches in college football Monday when he signed a new deal worth $900,000 per year over the next two seasons, according to documents provided to GatorBait.net via an open records request. Collins also earned a $150,000 retention bonus in February and will be given another if he’s still on the Gators staff in Feb. 14, 2017.

The second-year coordinator reportedly interviewed for the head coaching job at UCF this offseason, which may have upped Florida’s ante on a new deal. The Gators also gave new deals to co-defensive coordinator Randy Shannon (two years, $409,750), offensive line coach Mike Summers (two years, $498,500) and new defensive backs coach Torrian Gray (two years, $335,000).

Defensive line coach Chris Rumph was given a one-year extension and $85,000 raise, which brings his salary up to $500,000 per year. Rumph is now signed through the 2017 season.

Offensive coordinator Dough Nussmeier was also extended through 2017, while running backs coach Tim Skipper, wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon and tight ends coach Greg Nord are still under contracts through the 2016 campaign. All three coaches signed two-year deals when they joined Jim McElwain’s staff in December 2014.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon gets less than Summers or Rumph. LOL

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
MT@onlygators: Florida #Gators more than double OL coach Mike Summers's annual salary.

Yeah, he was making $200K, which was surprising. I think he was still getting paid by USC though, which may have been why it was so low (in comparison).

Coach Gray will be in line for a big raise if he keeps doing what he's doing. One of the reasons we were able to lure him away from Va Tech was that he was offered to a position on the new staff....but they cut his pay by $15,000. What a bunch of cheap bastards!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
The verdict is still out on Collins. He better prove he is worth it this year. Shannon isnt living up to his "recruiting god" status either.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
MT@onlygators: Florida #Gators more than double OL coach Mike Summers's annual salary.

Logical only if Mac is seeing him greatly develop our offensive linemen, each one.
The other thing = nobody is long-term, so a better pay-level to attract a better level of new replacement coaches ?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The verdict is still out on Collins. He better prove he is worth it this year. Shannon isnt living up to his "recruiting god" status either.

This is THE most disappointing thing about this staff so far. We have seen more impact from coach Gray in a few months than Shannon in two years.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Who exactly are we outbidding for Collins?

It might be a possibility once we start winning but if he continues his questionable play calling in crucial situations, he may be unemployed in 17.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The million dollar man!

Florida%20Gators%20florida%20football%20third%20spring%20practice%20march%2020%202015%20Florida%20Gators%20defensive%20coordinator%20Geoff%20Collins%20spit%20hat%20backwards-L.jpg

He has to be retarded
6_1015659.jpg

Wet Willy?
Florida-Gators-football-coach-Geoff-Collins-coaches-at-spring-practice-940-wplok.jpg

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So Rumph basically got no raise to come to UF at first. I am pretty sure his pay was like 400K at Texas which surprisingly was damn near as cheap as UF when it came to paying assistants under Strong that season.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he was making $200K, which was surprising. I think he was still getting paid by USC though, which may have been why it was so low (in comparison).

That is accurate and that is why it was so low and he got so much more.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, I remember reading it had something to do with his contract at USC. Something like if he made more than X amount of dollars the difference went back to USC. There was literally no reason to pay him any more because it would not have benefited him. Man! I bet he was one of Foley's favorite hires in 20 years!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So much for thinking summers would need to show he deserves it this year or be gone.
This makes me think our recruiting is going to suck indefinitely.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
In regards to Collins:

I understand that the ADA has given UF credits for his initial hire and retention including this raise. This is great news and should put us in the running for many other ADA hires.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In regards to Collins:

I understand that the ADA has given UF credits for his initial hire and retention including this raise. This is great news and should put us in the running for many other ADA hires.

I wish I could like this more than once. It's also why I hear that Ox keeps J on as well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who exactly are we outbidding for Collins?

This is a great point. I think we should be paying our coordinators on par w/ what most SEC schools are paying (at least the schools we consider we're on par with: Bama, UGA, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee). However, isn't this a 50% raise (from $600k to $900K)?

Similar the SC paying Muschamp nearly $3 million. Who were they competing against? He would have taken that job for $1 more than he was making at Auburn to be a head coach again. Hell, he probably would have pulled a Kramer and taken the free coffee for life at any of their 3000 stores around the world plus..... "I'll take it!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator