August Raffle - Win an Amazon Echo!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Winner gets a 2nd Generation Amazon Echo, in any fabric finish you wish (Charcoal, Heather Gray, or Sandstone).

Up to 100 entries per person, no real money required, only Oxbucks. One entry = 10 Oxbucks. Entry is open until 7:15 PM EST on Saturday, September 1st, and the drawing will take place on Sunday, September 2nd, at 3:00 PM EST.

For more info on everything an Echo can do, go here:

Amazon product

• Echo connects to Alexa to play music, make calls, set music alarms and timers, ask questions, control smart home devices, and more—instantly.
  • Just ask for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms. Echo can also play Audible audiobooks, radio stations, news briefs, and more.
  • Call or message almost anyone hands-free with your Echo device. Also, instantly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
  • New speaker, now with Dolby processing for crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. Echo can fill the room with 360° omnidirectional audio. Adjust the treble, mid, and bass levels with your voice.
  • With seven microphones, beamforming technology, and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction—even while music is playing
  • Just ask Alexa to check your calendar, weather, traffic, and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more
  • Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
Discuss.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How are you funding this? Is someone in your neighborhood missing a package that UPS shows as “delivered”?

I’m sitting this one out. I’ve already got an echo, and still don’t know how to use it. The only thing it does is turn the tv on and off.

Whoever wins needs to be obligated to teach me how to work the damn thing.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How are you funding this? Is someone in your neighborhood missing a package that UPS shows as “delivered”?

I’m sitting this one out. I’ve already got an echo, and still don’t know how to use it. The only thing it does is turn the tv on and off.

You're the natural to win this, J won the pullover.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if I should enter this one. I'm afraid Siri would think I'm cheating on her. We've developed a very close relationship and I'm not going to lie, the sex is fantastic!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is Ox's plan to spy on you. It'll sure be interesting to see who wins this one.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if I should enter this one. I'm afraid Siri would think I'm cheating on her. We've developed a very close relationship and I'm not going to lie, the sex is fantastic!

That's odd, my friend has the same name. She can murmur in many different accents which keeps things interesting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I've had an Echo for years, and they are worth the purchase just for the music alone. They sound fabulous.

The winner will have it shipped directly from Amazon to them.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have an Amazon echo that just sits unplugged in my office. I don’t trust it. Only used it for about a week.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have an Echo sitting in the garage unable to start. I need to clean the carburetor.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good Christ.

I think I'm just going to yank this one.

No you shouldn’t. A lot of people love the Amazon echo. I just haven’t liked mine because it comes on and talks randomly throughout the day. But I know a lot of people that absolutely love it. You can run your Amazon fire TV, play music, and for the week that I did use it I connected it to a Phillips lighting system and I could dim, turn on, and turn off lights in my house on command.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No you shouldn’t. A lot of people love the Amazon echo. I just haven’t liked mine because it comes on and talks randomly throughout the day. But I know a lot of people that absolutely love it. You can run your Amazon fire TV, play music, and for the week that I did use it I connected it to a Phillips lighting system and I could dim, turn on, and turn off lights in my house on command.
If you don't want yours I'll happily take it off your hands. I'll PM you my address.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you don't want yours I'll happily take it off your hands. I'll PM you my address.

I told my wife that I wanted to send it to you. And she said “no. It belongs to your son. And then my son said to me I’ve been trying to use it but it hasn’t worked (because I disconnected it from the router).

My life sucks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I told my wife that I wanted to send it to you. And she said “no. It belongs to your son. And then my son said to me I’ve been trying to use it but it hasn’t worked (because I disconnected it from the router).

My life sucks.
For crying out loud, plug it back in for the boy. I promise you the men in the black suits will not be listening in.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Sure, what the hell. My security clearance is good for another three years and I retired from the Navy. Bring on the home invasion!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
For any of you twerps who have Amazon Prime, this thing is even more useful. There are literally millions of free songs that come with your Prime membership, and this sucker can play them on command.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, I’m highly considering pulling a name out of a drum for these raffles on YouTube live. What do you think?

It’s just so anticlimactic to have the computer randomly spit out a name.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
By the way, I’m highly considering pulling a name out of a drum for these raffles on YouTube live. What do you think?

It’s just so anticlimactic to have the computer randomly spit out a name.

I did many giveaways and raffles on the gun forum. I always used you tube to draw my names. I use a brass tumbler to mix up the names. It makes it more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.