Bad Decision: Sharpe going pro

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When scouts put on the UT tape, they'll see a guy who got his butt kicked against a first round pick. He simply lacked the quickness to deal with Barnett's speed around the edge. Sharpe will be move to RT or guard in the NFL. He simply lacks the ability to be an NFL LT.

He's too heavy.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck to him, but I think it's an ill advised move. Especially if we get a new OLine coach. That could help him just as much as another year to figure out how to not be a turn-stile in pass blocking.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree. They'll look at his potential, measurables and combine results and will draft him in the first 3 rounds. They'll ignore any bad tape on him and claim they can work with him and fix his issues.
I'm convinced about half of the NFL scouts don't even watch tape.

He will get drafted in the top half.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
6c5ebe614629190133f5230951ba7188.jpg

Best of luck, enjoyed watching what you put on film. Go Gator!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great move by Sharpe. He wasn't going to get any better and he knows it. The only thing that will help is dropping some weight. I hope Leatherface takes notice, grows some balls and flips.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Good move for the team and the fans. I have seen very little improvement from this guy in the 2 full years he has played so I am quite fine with Ivey going to LT (where he is better suited) and letting another youngster begin to develop. Best of luck to you Sharpe, but I doubt seriously he will get more than a cup of coffee in the NFL. Just too soft!
I agree. He has the size but not the mindset or feet. I thought he was so-so to a bust. He did excel at one thing though, jumping the snap so he could possibly block the rushing dt's.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good luck to him, but I think it's an ill advised move. Especially if we get a new OLine coach. That could help him just as much as another year to figure out how to not be a turn-stile in pass blocking.

Exactly. I don't think his draft stock is worth much. If Summers is let go and we get the NFL OL coach that's been discussed he would benefit. But at least we won't be fussing about him jumping prior to the snap anymore.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly. I don't think his draft stock is worth much. If Summers is let go and we get the NFL OL coach that's been discussed he would benefit. But at least we won't be fussing about him jumping prior to the snap anymore.
Didn't Hee Haw say "no more changes"? No that was Bush who said "No new taxes." Anyway, I'm confused.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Great move by Sharpe. He wasn't going to get any better and he knows it. The only thing that will help is dropping some weight. I hope Leatherface takes notice, grows some balls and flips.
I think your right. Maybe he will make a team and at least earn minimum for a year before they cut him. That will delay his coming "floppin whopper days."

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing how money motivates, right?

He'll be drafted and have a decent career.
If he has a decent career, he'll have to learn to get out of his own way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator