Bad news coming - UPDATED: 7 Gators Suspended for Michigan Game

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
This is disappointing, but Callaway is the big loss here and we're deep at wr. I don't think this will affect the outcome of the UM game any. I wonder if this was gonna be an in house issue until the rumors started making the rounds yesterday?
With Massey and Tony I don't think we miss Calloway that much with his instant big play ability. I'm 100% sold on getting his ass out of the program. It's going to get to the point of resentment for the other players if we keep him around and he keeps screwing up

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I'm just a a point with Callaway where that kid may have too much Miami in him for this program. I don't want him booted necessarily but I definitely won't be sad if he declared for the NFL draft next year.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With Massey and Tony I don't think we miss Calloway that much with his instant big play ability. I'm 100% sold on getting his ass out of the program. It's going to get to the point of resentment for the other players if we keep him around and he keeps screwing up
with what we have at WR and TE, we still have 8-10 options. I'm not that worried about it.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
tumblr_me9pu71FSK1qjjr39o1_500.gif

They'll be over-confident. We got 'em right where we want 'em.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Disappointing and stupid. I would've liked our university to get ahead of the story a little faster though.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
My first reaction is to demand that Ox and Norm have a nut kicking contest three hours prior to kickoff of the first home game, but this is extra benefits, this is NCAA compliance and we don't play around with that. We never announce suspensions until hours before game time, unless leaked, which it usually is. This was a done deal.

Last edited:

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Calloway is gone after this season regardless, I'd use his A$$ as much as I could. He's still our most dynamic playmaker that we've know of. This team is gonna need all the help they can get. Calloway has already screwed up his draft stock, he's probably cost himself millions already and that's on him and he's gonna have to live with it. Hell I'd play his A$$ against Michigan, heck I'd played Dunlap against Bama. LOL
Agreed
When the rumor started I was 100% with kicking his dumb ass to the curb if true but really what good will that do anybody?

I can get over it for a season if he lights it up all year. He's gonna be playing for the draft this year. It wouldn't make sense to boot him now unless he's actually charged with a crime.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Agreed
When the rumor started I was 100% with kicking his dumb ass to the curb if true but really what good will that do anybody?

I can get over it for a season if he lights it up all year. He's gonna be playing for the draft this year. It wouldn't make sense to boot him now unless he's actually charged with a crime.
Or shoot the president...;)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My first reaction is to demand that Ox and Norm have a nut kicking contest three hours prior to kickoff of the first home game, but this is extra benefits, this is NCAA compliance and we don't play around with that. We never announce suspensions until hours before game time unless leaked, which it usually is. This was a done deal.
Yeah, my thought too. That's why drunk dumbazz was posting at midnight about. The decision had already been made.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
If the details out now are true (bought electronics, sold them for cash, then claimed cards were stolen) The ring leader and Callaway should be booted. This is embarrassing to the Program.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I'm wondering if a couple of these guys failed drug tests and that's why they ain't playing. I only thought 5 were involved in the card fraud.
Wasn't Callaway not at practice the Friday prior to the news about the cards becoming public? And didn't someone also say a couple of other guys were absent at practices?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
"Update: It’s anticipated that Antonio Callaway, Jordan Smith, James Houston, Kadeem Telfort, Richerd Desir-Jones, and possibly others will receive a suspensions from the school."

Hope these are the only players involved. We won't miss any of these besides Callaway and maybe Houston vs Mich.

That said, if all this is true, Callaway should be shown the door IMO. He's a ticking time bomb. Love the kid's game but man he has a 2 cent head.
Well...we'll miss Houston/Miller because they were our depth at LB. Nick Smith is injured also so our 2 deep at LB just went up in SMOKE! As for Callaway...f*ck him...he's had his chances and keeps pissing in the face of the staff/program. Time for him to find a new home!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well...we'll miss Houston/Miller because they were our depth at LB. Nick Smith is injured also so our 2 deep at LB just went up in SMOKE! As for Calloway...f*ck him...he's had his chances and keeps pissing in the face of the staff/program. Time for him to find a new home!
Is it too late for him to transfer to DiV II school and wait for the draft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator