Bad news coming - UPDATED: 7 Gators Suspended for Michigan Game

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Don't want him. He's turned into a team cancer. Next time someone steps outside the lines, what does Mac say to them? Well you don't get that many chances you aren't that good. That'll go over big with the rest of the team.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't think losing Callaway hurts too much because I think the game will hinge on how well our freshman DTs hold up. Harbaugh's offenses are simple. He wants to be physical and run the ball.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
@SDS: It’s time for Jim McElwain to be done with Antonio Callaway http://dlvr.it/PdsVzn
Yep. Now the national media is making Mac out to be a pvssy in regards to discipline. You know, I could tolerate this stuff when we were kicking everyone's ass on the field. My tolerance is nill while we're getting our asses handed to us anyway.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Wasn't he also busted with Treon for possession?

I can't remember, Treon was in a car with JC Jackson and Tabor and had weed. Don't think Calloway was there. Can't remember another incident with Treon besides the sex assault accusations.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I don't know why but I just don't think this decides the Mich game. I just think this team this year is a completely different version and is the beginning of what MAC is building. They don't seem to care. They just want to line up and beat the crap out of you. That's the attitude I see. I hate to invoke Bama but that is the attitude our team seems to have- business to take care of. These guys will be ready and I just don't think the suspensions will decide the game. Not quite at the championship level but Mac is building serious attitude, serious depth and a serious team. JMO
Just booked plane tix to DFW today... I feel better about it now... seriously.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Don't want him. He's turned into a team cancer. Next time someone steps outside the lines, what does Mac say to them? Well you don't get that many chances you aren't that good. That'll go over big with the rest of the team.[/QUOTE

This really ain't nothing new, talented players have always been given numerous chances to straighten up. Just how it is.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Do you want to be a gangsta, or a football player, cause nowadays you can't be both. Make your choice...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
And to think, we could have just walked 7 guys out on the field wearing boots and covered this up.

I hope the young guys get the picture. Callaway, for being a big dumbass and not learning to stay out of trouble, got off easy with a 1 game suspension.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
If someone needs a babysitter in their junior yr they aren't changing until they lose everything. Only until he hits rock bottom will he understand that actions have consequences.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If someone needs a babysitter in their junior yr they aren't changing until they lose everything. Only until he hits rock bottom will he understand that actions have consequences.

Unfortunately, not even then. He'll just tweet something like "in God hands now" and continue to do stupid things. It's the generation we've raised, especially in certain communities. As someone else posted, it's what we have. Sounds harsh, but we may as well ride it as far as we can and get some wins out of him.

If we learned anything from Meyer's tenure it's that when you have arrests you're going to be raked over the coals anyway, even if those players are dealt with. Guys like Ronnie Wilson and Hornsby were(are) constantly brought up despite never playing for UF again. For something like this, I say let him play every game. I can't imagine him sitting on his couch with his happy family 30 years from now saying "it's all because I didn't play a meaningless nonconference game back in my Jr year."

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You do the kid no favor by perpetual accommodation. I would say Callaway has exhausted any trust and leadership potential. It's preseason, cut him.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Before he kicked out? I would think a 3 strike policy, but don't think the sex assault claim should count as it went nowhere. He had weed possession and now this card fraud and I don't remember anything else. So he gets one more strike, now that being said if he had done a felony or something severe, then yeah you have to boot him.

Does by his own admission being high as a kite during the alleged sexual assault incident count in your opinion? I'm conflicted on that but the guy is a distraction IMO and I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Does by his own admission being high as a kite during the alleged sexual assault incident count in your opinion? I'm conflicted on that but the guy is a distraction IMO and I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

I don't really count that, at least he was honest. Heck dang near everybody on the team smokes weed. Hell I'd be willing to bet half the posters on this board smoke weed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.