Bad news coming - UPDATED: 7 Gators Suspended for Michigan Game

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's not doing this kid any favors by keeping him on the team. I selfishly want to keep him on but at some point he has to learn some accountability. I would send him packing or suspend him for a year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Mac's not doing this kid any favors by keeping him on the team. I selfishly want to keep him on but at some point he has to learn some accountability. I would send him packing or suspend him for a year.

Those two are one in the same.

Also, you could technically make an argument that he is doing him a favor by keeping him on the team. There's a reason all college football fans spend the offseason on edge, because most of these incidents take place during "down time". During the season, there is more focus on their own game as well as the team dynamic, leaving less time for going astray. As I've said, I'd have no issue with AC being shown the door. But if we're being honest, taking him away from football, the team, and the constant reminder of his purpose here, is not likely to bring anything positive for him either.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Those two are one in the same.

Also, you could technically make an argument that he is doing him a favor by keeping him on the team. There's a reason all college football fans spend the offseason on edge, because most of these incidents take place during "down time". During the season, there is more focus on their own game as well as the team dynamic, leaving less time for going astray. As I've said, I'd have no issue with AC being shown the door. But if we're being honest, taking him away from football, the team, and the constant reminder of his purpose here, is not likely to bring anything positive for him either.
Not the same. It gives him an opportunity to humble himself and learn his lesson here. If we send him packing , its gonna looks alot uglier on a draft resume.
I see where your coming from and i get it. But he's been given alot of chances, at what point is he gonna learn that there's consequences? Chris Carter was saying how buddy Ryan saved his life when he cut him. This is how i see it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I could live with 2 games but anything else and he is booted from the team. He will probably have a hard time even following that. With him wanting to go pro he needs to literally just hunker down and be a hermit until his contract is signed.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not the same. It gives him an opportunity to humble himself and learn his lesson here. If we send him packing , its gonna looks alot uglier on a draft resume.
I see where your coming from and i get it. But he's been given alot of chances, at what point is he gonna learn that there's consequences? Chris Carter was saying how buddy Ryan saved his life when he cut him. This is how i see it.

No, what I meant by "one in the same" is that you'll never see him in O&B again. Nothing I've seen from him gives me the impression he'd just take his punishment, focus on his major, and get ready for next season. He's not coming back to UF in 2018, so it's moot.

As for Carter, different person, different situation, different generation. Doesn't mean AC couldn't have a life changing moment and get it together. But those stories seem too rare these days. But again, I wouldn't be opposed to Mac cutting him. I just don't see it doing any good if we're talking about AC the human being.

Remember, there are a couple of 30 for 30s about kids from the 70's-'90s who threw it all away, never realized their potential, or had legal issues. Think about the dilemma these producers will have in 20 years. It would have to be a nightly program to possibly fit the amount of stories from this era.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No, what I meant by "one in the same" is that you'll never see him in O&B again. Nothing I've seen from him gives me the impression he'd just take his punishment, focus on his major, and get ready for next season. He's not coming back to UF in 2018, so it's moot.

As for Carter, different person, different situation, different generation. Doesn't mean AC couldn't have a life changing moment and get it together. But those stories seem too rare these days. But again, I wouldn't be opposed to Mac cutting him. I just don't see it doing any good if we're talking about AC the human being.

Remember, there are a couple of 30 for 30s about kids from the 70's-'90s who threw it all away, never realized their potential, or had legal issues. Think about the dilemma these producers will have in 20 years. It would have to be a nightly program to possibly fit the amount of stories from this era.

This is pretty much my thoughts on the matter. He has to repay the funds, and if these guys are truly suspended indefinitely from team activities you
have to wonder what kind of game shape they will be in once allowed back. No practice, running or lifting at this level isn't exactly a recipe for success. AC in particular should be running until he vomits daily.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No way...all natural baby!............
kramer_commando.gif

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
This is pretty much my thoughts on the matter. He has to repay the funds, and if these guys are truly suspended indefinitely from team activities you
have to wonder what kind of game shape they will be in once allowed back. No practice, running or lifting at this level isn't exactly a recipe for success. AC in particular should be running until he vomits daily.

If they want to continue on the team they better keep themselves in shape, I wonder if they can lift etc. in some area as well. That might not be a team activity.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Looks like Jordan Smith's was the one who came up with this scheme not Callaway.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida's issues stemming from the misuse of school funds that led to the suspension of seven players may not be over yet.

Trey Wallace of TheReadOptional.com, who was the first to report accurately on the record about the misuse of funds over the weekend, reports that redshirt freshman defensive end Jordan Smith is now the subject of a complaint filed with Florida's compliance department over alleged credit card fraud to pay for rent, in the amount of $1,000.

There have been no filings logged in the Alachua County court records, and Wallace notes that a Chicago-based apartment company was "was denied the ability to file a report against Smith by the Gainesville Police Department, who cited that the 'victim' must be the one to file any report, not the 'merchant.'"

Smith was one of six players suspended Sunday for at least the season opener for misuse of school-issued funds. He and the six other players are currently suspended from all team activities.

Along with receiver Antonio Callaway, offensive tackle Kadeem Telfort, defensive linemenRicherd Desir-Jones and Keivonnis Davis and linebackers James Houston and Ventrell Miller, Smith participated in a scheme that involved buying electronics with school-issued funds designated for other purposes.

Some of the players then sold those electronics and reported the cards stolen.

Sources tell GatorBait.net that Smith was the player who originally enacted that plan. Smith redshirted in 2016 as a true freshman but was expected to have a role as a backup pass-rusher after a strong start to fall camp.

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Smith-now-being-looked-at-for-credit-card-fraud-106261602

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.