LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Really great 2019 SG. Plays with Scottie Lewis I believe. Him, Walker, and a JC player we are still after pretty hard will not be committing until the Spring most likely. We are very much trying to get another recruit in this class. Good bet we lost a player early to the pros and at least 1 transfer imo.

I could see one more recruit and a Grad transfer in the spring.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
As much as I love Gator Basketball, I have to admit I'm not watching the calendar tick down to tip off amid football misery. Basketball will be nice when it arrives, but not a long awaited oasis of O&B sporting relief in a desert of football. This is unusual.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
G League to offer $125K option to 1-and-done

Interesting article.. Wonder what this will do to recruiting? Especially Kentucky and Duke...

If it were just the 125k I’d say it won’t affect recruiting much. It is the ability to add endorsement contracts to that salary that makes the g-league enticing. But, that 5 star is popular because people want him at their school. If he’s going g-league, do they care? I won’t. It’ll make me follow these guys less.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Will the NCAA change rules to allow recruiting ex-pro G-league dropouts?
Will the G-league make college basketball less ?
Will the G-league force UK, Kansas, Duke to go up on their financial incentives?
Will academic standards go up?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I saw some tweet about how awful life is on the road in the G-League and how Duke has such state of the art facilities. Sorry but if you ask me, if I want to make $125,000 at 19 or have an internship with a company that has a really really really building and a free cafeteria, it is an easy choice, except if the internship gets me to the NBA draft while the job doesn't.

So the only reason to go to college under those circumstances is if college is more likely to get you drafted or get you drafted higher. Actually enough guys who would have been none and done are not one and done after a year in college that I am surprised more guys don't do what Anfernee Simons did last year and take a post high school grad year and then get drafted. It would be quite rare for a none and done guy to have a bad enough prep school year that the went undrafted. On the other hand that can happy fairly frequently in college, the G-leauge or overseason.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You can say goodbye to every top 10 recruit playing college basketball again. All you'll have to do now is score 10 in the McDonald's all American game and you get 125k contract. It's gonna screw some kids out of a college education and college basketball is gonna take huge talent hit.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
It's gonna screw some kids out of a college education and college basketball is gonna take huge talent hit.

1. Don't you mean 1.5 semesters of college?

2. College basketball might lose a bit physical talent, but the teams might be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator