Best Frontman You've Ever Seen

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I've seen Bono a couple of times, Mick Jagger, Dave Grohl a few times (yes, he belongs on this list), David Lee Roth with Van Halen...

It's a tough call but I'll give the nod to Mick Jagger.

Who's the best you've seen?

Alex.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In his prime, I'd think itd be hard to top David Lee... dude was crazy! Steven Tyler is up there as well IMO. I would have loved to have seen Journey when Steve Perry was still front and center!

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
DLR for sheer entertainment.

Layne Staley for the sound.

Anthony Kiedis for shock value.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Every bit the dramatic showman, flautist Ian Anderson wrote produced and delivered one of rocks first operas.

Ian-Anderson.png

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
David Lee Roth. Saw em several times at the Jax Coliseum when they used to end their tour there and he was always entertaining.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I also have to throw in a vote for Jimmy Buffet...always a great show.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to say because I've been to a lot of concerts especially the last 5 years, about 5-10 a year. Different front men are completely different types of shows.

Alice Cooper is completely theatrical
Eddie Vedder is very intimate
Billy Idol is a blast
Axel Rose live was full of energy and watching November Rain live was incredible.
Neil Diamond wasn't as boring as I thought it was going to be
Tom Petty slowed down and very chill
Fleetwood Mac, honestly good show, but the front people really kind of blah
ZZ Top, old guys with beards
Chris Cornell excellent
Trent Reznor (Spelling, NIN)... surprisingly not that great, honestly their show was boring
Vince Neil entertaining, but not as entertaining as Tommy Lee on a spinning drum stand
Greg Allman surprisingly boring
Candlebox lead singer (can't remember his name was very entertaining and was high as a kite)
The Doobie Brothers were surprisingly entertaining

obviously I forgot a few... but its' what my wife and I like to spend our money on.

Those I would or already have paid to see again:

Axel Rose
Billy Idol (might be seeing a second show soon)
Eddie Vedder (4 times already)
Alice Cooper (3 times already)
Chris Cornell (getting tickets to second show)

Next for me:
Marilyn Manson and Smashing Pumpkins

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n237116 said:
It's hard to say because I've been to a lot of concerts especially the last 5 years, about 5-10 a year. Different front men are completely different types of shows.

Alice Cooper is completely theatrical
Eddie Vedder is very intimate
Billy Idol is a blast
Axel Rose live was full of energy and watching November Rain live was incredible.
Neil Diamond wasn't as boring as I thought it was going to be
Tom Petty slowed down and very chill
Fleetwood Mac, honestly good show, but the front people really kind of blah
ZZ Top, old guys with beards
Chris Cornell excellent
Trent Reznor (Spelling, NIN)... surprisingly not that great, honestly their show was boring
Vince Neil entertaining, but not as entertaining as Tommy Lee on a spinning drum stand
Greg Allman surprisingly boring
Candlebox lead singer (can't remember his name was very entertaining and was high as a kite)
The Doobie Brothers were surprisingly entertaining

obviously I forgot a few... but its' what my wife and I like to spend our money on.

Those I would or already have paid to see again:

Axel Rose
Billy Idol (might be seeing a second show soon)
Eddie Vedder (4 times already)
Alice Cooper (3 times already)
Chris Cornell (getting tickets to second show)

Next for me:
Marilyn Manson and Smashing Pumpkins

Have you seen the Foo Fighters? If not, you should.

Alex.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AlexDaGator;n237118 said:
Have you seen the Foo Fighters? If not, you should.

Alex.

They are on the list to see, they just started touring again. The next up is what we already have tickets for.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
In no particular order, Anthony Kiedis, James Hetfield, Dave Matthews. Still haven't seen Foo Fighters, and even on this tour, they aren't coming anywhere near here. And even if they were, most of the tour might be canceled because of Grohl's broken leg.

#1 worst without a close second is Scott Weiland with Velvet Revolver. God what a f*cking douche. Band was so good, though.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n237125 said:
In no particular order, Anthony Kiedis, James Hetfield, Dave Matthews. Still haven't seen Foo Fighters, and even on this tour, they aren't coming anywhere near here. And even if they were, most of the tour might be canceled because of Grohl's broken leg.

#1 worst without a close second is Scott Weiland with Velvet Revolver. God what a f*cking douche. Band was so good, though.

I had heard they were awesome, where did you see Scott Weiland and Velvet Revolver... I know he ended up cancelling the STP show in Tampa 4 years ago, because he didn't show.

I thought only the European leg of the Foo Fighters tour was cancelled, has that changed?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n237131 said:
I had heard they were awesome, where did you see Scott Weiland and Velvet Revolver... I know he ended up cancelling the STP show in Tampa 4 years ago, because he didn't show.

I thought only the European leg of the Foo Fighters tour was cancelled, has that changed?

I saw Velvet Revolver in Scranton back in 2005. Pretty sure some of the Foo dates in the U.S. are going to get scrapped, he's recovering from surgery on his leg.

http://foofighters.com/operation

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n237136 said:
I saw Velvet Revolver in Scranton back in 2005. Pretty sure some of the Foo dates in the U.S. are going to get scrapped, he's recovering from surgery on his leg.

http://foofighters.com/operation

My buddy saw them in Orlando, I want to say about the same time. And he said the show was great, but with Wieland I bet the shows can be quiet different from one to the next.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Springsteen - shows would go on for 3 to 4 hours and he was going 100% through it all
Joe Strummer - Loved seeing the Clash at the Aragon in Chicago (1982) before Mick Jones left (best concert I ever saw and best band ever, IMO)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n237141 said:
My buddy saw them in Orlando, I want to say about the same time. And he said the show was great, but with Wieland I bet the shows can be quiet different from one to the next.

He stopped for a good 10 minutes in the middle of a song to stand out with the crowd and rant about rock 'n roll not being what it used to be. Even the big VR fans were screaming at him to STFU. Slash just looked bored. Like I said though, great show from the band. I was front row right in front of Slash. My ears were ringing for probably a week.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n237156 said:
He stopped for a good 10 minutes in the middle of a song to stand out with the crowd and rant about rock 'n roll not being what it used to be. Even the big VR fans were screaming at him to STFU. Slash just looked bored. Like I said though, great show from the band. I was front row right in front of Slash. My ears were ringing for probably a week.

That sucks, yeah. My buddy didn't have a story like that, but like you he was in front of slash. He ended up getting hit by a drum stick that the drummer lost grip of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator