Biggest reason I think Napier succeeds

g8orbill

OldGator
Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2018
good stuff tHB

I went to my first Gator game in 1960. I still have a few good years left and am hopeful that Bad Ass Billy will make us proud. As you can remember, I was not a fan of the Mullen hire, but when he came off the plane I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. When he pulled the stunt he did in the Oklahoma Bowl game, he lost me. His coaching this past season was of someone who was looking for an exit. I am glad he found one. Am excited about HBC Napier, but will try to temper my expectations as I fully expect year 1 to be tough

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In this thread, shouldn't the 1st. topic be to define what constitutes "Success"?

How can we opinion if Nap will be successful without knowing where the line is?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

This is a small detail; but it's actually pretty important. Most of the kids on the team don't exactly come from backgrounds where they can afford custom clothes--and let's face it: football athletes won't exactly be able to find off the rack suits pretty easily.

If football works out--they'll have nice clothes to wear when meeting NFL scouts and GMs.

If football doesn't work out, they'll have 2-8 suits for whatever career they end up choosing.

Smart move by Napier IMO. It's the kind of small detail that suggests a long-term commitment to the athletes who come here and that he's not BSing recruits about the idea of Florida being a family.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you receive any NIL bucks then no more scholarship, no more free food and no more free housing.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is a small detail; but it's actually pretty important. Most of the kids on the team don't exactly come from backgrounds where they can afford custom clothes--and let's face it: football athletes won't exactly be able to find off the rack suits pretty easily.

If football works out--they'll have nice clothes to wear when meeting NFL scouts and GMs.

If football doesn't work out, they'll have 2-8 suits for whatever career they end up choosing.

Smart move by Napier IMO. It's the kind of small detail that suggests a long-term commitment to the athletes who come here and that he's not BSing recruits about the idea of Florida being a family.
Jim Carrey 90S GIF

I hope these are choices, because I would for sure go with both colors.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Its what we do here Joe. Just piss and moan and beat the dead horse into dust. If FF and a few others cannot make miserable about M, M, M and M and Z once a day its like missing that cup of coffee. Its almost funny now. I have come to expect it.
Lol...and here comes the other muLLLLLLen pumper. Of course you want everyone to forget how you loved muLLLLLLLen so much even when it was obvious he was lazy. Its okay to say you was wrong but why do you have to spin it like its something that it isn't?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
None procliam the guilt of the majority louder than the minor minority. Anyone that didnt pile on and call the current coach some juvenile name was automatically a pumper..........guilty as charged in that respect.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
None procliam the guilt of the majority louder than the minor minority. Anyone that didnt pile on and call the current coach some juvenile name was automatically a pumper..........guilty as charged in that respect.

I don’t get the name calling(mangling), and I agree that it can be too much at times. But which of those coaches were we wrong about?

The knock on WM was he couldn’t stop meddling in the offense. Fast forward a few years and Usce fans were saying the same things as they too issued a pink slip. He’s currently a defensive assistant.

McElwain was in way over his head. When he was fired here, the best thing he could land outside of mid management at Winn Dixie was WR’s coach at Mich. He’s now at a mid major.

Mullen was a lazy, abrasive jerk and it is widely discussed now. Current players and recruits have echoed that. He wasn’t snatched up either and will likely never have a UF type job again.

The knock on Zook was the job was way too big for him. He just hit the snooze button but is due at the bank by 11.

Most here gave every one of those guys a fair shake, commended the positives, and tried to get behind them. But just because they weren’t blindly singing praises until the bitter end doesn’t make them wrong. We just came around quicker.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Nobody celebrates a loser more than corch
My train of thought (when it finally leaves the station) is more in line with this guy,

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My train of thought (when it finally leaves the station) is more in line with this guy,
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Agreed. ;)

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Thats really cool of you. But what about muLLLLLLLen who was a lazy freeloading dude making millions to put in minimal effort? Do you think he would have got fired had it not been for those yelling? Do you even think he should have been fired? GTFO with that holier than thou crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator