Billy’s Buyout

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
BN is in zero danger of being fired this year or next.

You fair weather fans are just making things worse for the kids-players that read this.

I unserstanfd that you have no lives outside of your bedroom in your moms house palying PS4 but please stop, those of us who are adults don't need to see this contant beratement of BN.

Say I if you've ever played football in your life: I
Say I if you played high school football: I
Say I if you ever played D1 football: I
Say I if you ever had the privilideg of palying for UF: I

Mic drop
Wow.....this makes everything so much easier to understand.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You fair weather fans are just making things worse for the kids-players that read this.
There is nothing we can do on a message board that is worse for them than what our coaching staff is doing to them currently. Putting them in positions to be ridiculed on national TV week after week due to incompetent coaching should be a crime, instead it's a golden ticket to generational wealth around here.

Don't come in here with your misguided Muschamp BS that we the fans have turned on our own players/team; we love our Gators and root/cheer hard for the kids who go out and play for the Orange and Blue. I'll be damned, though, if I'm going to sit here and take it from incompetent and stubborn coaches who are being compensated well beyond what they deserve while they make our "kids" look like untrained monkeys out on the football field.

Say it with us: Billy Napier isn't a Gator. He's a hired mercenary who is supposed to teach our student athletes how to play football at a championship winning level. If he isn't doing that, then he's going to be called out for it. It's literally his job. There is nothing fair weather about holding the people responsible for putting our kids in the position to be ridiculed on national TV accountable. Our kids deserve better than what they're getting out of this staff. Period.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I unserstanfd that you have no lives outside of your bedroom in your moms house palying PS4 but please stop, those of us who are adults don't need to see this contant beratement of BN.

Mic drop
Yeah well:

gatorsnob2.png

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
There is nothing we can do on a message board that is worse for them than what our coaching staff is doing to them currently. Putting them in positions to be ridiculed on national TV week after week due to incompetent coaching should be a crime, instead it's a golden ticket to generational wealth around here.

Don't come in here with your misguided Muschamp BS that we the fans have turned on our own players/team; we love our Gators and root/cheer hard for the kids who go out and play for the Orange and Blue. I'll be damned, though, if I'm going to sit here and take it from incompetent and stubborn coaches who are being compensated well beyond what they deserve while they make our "kids" look like untrained monkeys out on the football field.
Had Stricklin hired Napier to a 5 year, $1 million-per-win deal he would look like a genius.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Mic drop

I respect your past experiences. But honestly, you don’t have to have done those things in order to see things clear as day in front of you. As for being fair weather fans, it was the same mentality from UF fans that not only called out Mullen’s incompetencies, but pushed for change—the very change that has allowed Napier to have this job. So that presents a bit of a quandary and is quite ironic. In addition, I find it comical that UF fans on a message board are making matters worse, yet national sports headlines are all talking about the mockery of UF football at the moment. Apparently that’s either not being seen by the players or doesn’t matter in your eyes. Lastly, it’s not being a fair weather fan to expect your head coach to make logical decisions that will ultimately benefit him and the program. Nor does it take past football playing to understand that down 15 points is not materially any better than down 16, and certainly not worth the risk of being down 17. That doesn’t take playing experience or being a genius. That takes common sense and 2nd grade math.

Feel free to pick up the microphone and respond if anything I just said is remotely inaccurate.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
monkey sniff GIF
I always knew we had to adapt to life on the ground. Now I know why.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I respect your past experiences. But honestly, you don’t have to have done those things in order to see things clear as day in front of you. As for being fair weather fans, it was the same mentality from UF fans that not only called out Mullen’s incompetencies, but pushed for change—the very change that has allowed Napier to have this job. So that presents a bit of a quandary and is quite ironic. In addition, I find it comical that UF fans on a message board are making matters worse, yet national sports headlines are all talking about the mockery of UF football at the moment. Apparently that’s either not being seen by the players or doesn’t matter in your eyes. Lastly, it’s not being a fair weather fan to expect your head coach to make logical decisions that will ultimately benefit him and the program. Nor does it take past football playing to understand that down 15 points is not materially any better than down 16, and certainly not worth the risk of being down 17. That doesn’t take playing experience or being a genius. That takes common sense and 2nd grade math.

Feel free to pick up the microphone and respond if anything I just said is remotely inaccurate.
Give him time. He's still trying to wrangle the spell checker.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Mic drop
You certainly have the credentials to participate in a discussion about football and many of us on this board meet some of the criteria. I for one do not play video games so I can't comment on that. But I do know that many people on this board knew very early that Zook, Muscrat, Butters, Cousin Eddie and Sling Blade were losers before they started. I only was confident that Zook and Cousin Eddie were losers before ever being named coach. The other three I waited to pass judgment but it was clear very early that they were and also are losers as head coaches. So please spare us the fact that you meet certain criteria means you have more knowledge into what it takes or who will be a great coach. We are made to believe that AD's know that. Clearly they do not. I give you exhibit 1A and 1B. Fooley and Strichnine.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Mic drop
Im 65 so I dont and have never played PS4 or whatever that crap is. We have hired several failures over the last 12 years or so and most of us are sick to death with it. I dont expect Billy to be fired this year but I will expect it next year if there is no real change in our performance. Keep losing to Ky and it wont be long. Who gives a flying fvk if I ever played football or not. Anyone can see when we dont have the right person in charge. I would LOVE for Billy to stick my opinion where the sun dont shine but you can get out of here with your crap not about holding Billy accountable. He has not earned that right.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are stuck. Not because UF doesn't have money, it does. But all these buyouts eventually rob the University from plans for the future. How Stricklin agreed to 7 years is beyond me. I guess it's not his money, and/or, he was desperate or is incompetent. Probably, some of all.

I hope Stricklin is in trouble over this. 7 years???

It's a process.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Mic drop
1696192534455.jpeg

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
There is a cost associated with doing nothing as well.
Yes. Do you keep paying for failure or cut bait, toss out all the rest of the bad bait and set a new hook?

If 9-9 with ONE road win in one and a half seasons isn't time for his boss to pull him in and explain the high expectations for the ridiculous pay he is getting and demand immediate changes resulting in measurable improvement, then the boss isn't doing his job at all.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Mic drop
Say I if you're a certified retard:

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
We are stuck. Not because UF doesn't have money, it does. But all these buyouts eventually rob the University from plans for the future. How Stricklin agreed to 7 years is beyond me. I guess it's not his money, and/or, he was desperate or is incompetent. Probably, some of all.

I hope Stricklin is in trouble over this. 7 years???
No one else was even after sunbelt Billy. Our admin And AD are morons that bid against themselves.

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

Mic drop
1696199676407.png

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Give him time. He's still trying to wrangle the spell checker.

The other really awesome thing about the post and mindset of guys like tharber is that if you ask them why Napier deserves patience by the fans, it would inevitably be that he needs time to get his player in and upgrade the terrible roster he was left with. So basically it’s ok to be critical of 18-21 year olds playing football, generally for free, lament their lack of ability and how they should never have played here, while pushing for them to kindly get the hell out so we can bring in a better version. That’s totally cool. Just don’t seem critical of the adult making 7 million per year. Suddenly when that happens we throw on our “good vibes only” tshirt. Just a terrific mentality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.