Billy Donovan coaching rumors

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Thunder are a bad basketball team.

I wonder if Billy gets fired. You can't change the players. I still say he ends up at Duke.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Billy could also retire (I hope) instead of going back to the college ranks. Man I'd hate to see him at another school.

Or maybe he can come back as an advisor/ambassador type role like Spurrier :lol:
He came from the big east.......so why not his alma mater.........that would be divine Providence

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lulz... kintucky will fire cuz Cal the second they think Billy is avail and throw every penny in the state at him.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's a younger version of Spurrier. We'll always love him unconditionally and probably anguish if he returns to the college game elsewhere than here, esp if White moves on to something more lucrative.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He's a younger version of Spurrier. We'll always love him unconditionally and probably anguish if he returns to the college game elsewhere than here, esp if White moves on to something more lucrative.
Mike has bb dynasty written on him here. I see this thing snowballing into extended greatness...............:pumper:

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
One of two things are gonna happen you guys okay so stop speculating cause I'm going to give you the ONLY two scenarios that are possible for the future:

1: Mike White is gonna struggle recruiting next year and we are going to start slipping in basketball, we eventually have to let him go after 5-6 years and Billy comes back to us.

2: Mike White continues to do really well. Makes the tournament almost every year and gets us to the sweet 16 every other year with an occasional final four. Calipari finally leaves Kentucky in 6-7 years and hires Mike White. Billy comes back.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's laziness. Like most Liberals, wants someone else to do it for them.

My late father, a WWII, Korea, and Vietnam vet was a tried and true liberal. I remember him working 12-14 hour days as a kid to run two businesses. Now that I've cleared this up take this political slop where it belongs in the proper lounge. We here to talk about all things Gators not knee jerk political biases.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I absolutely love and appreciate BD. My family has met him several times and he has personally helped and encouraged my son during an injury.
That said, the last couple years his fire was gone for Gator basketball and it was most evident in recruiting. It sincerely troubles me to see him struggle at the NBA level.

IF he could return to coaching basketball at UF with that original intensity and passion, then I'd love to have BD back at UF.

But I am very satisfied and excited with what Coach White has done and will do for Gator basketball.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

What might be more lucrative? Now if you just mean with tradition I could agree, but I would hope if he is as good as I think nobody will be out bidding us. except the NBA.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My late father, a WWII, Korea, and Vietnam vet was a tried and true liberal. I remember him working 12-14 hour days as a kid to run two businesses. Now that I've cleared this up take this political slop where it belongs in the proper lounge. We here to talk about all things Gators not knee jerk political biases.
Liberals generations ago were much different than Liberals today. I'm sure you can see that.

Anyway, I appreciate your father's service.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I don’t think Billy is going to survive OKC. Too many egos. Look at Frizdale in Memphis....an outstanding young coach just fired not even a year and a half into his tenure.

Billy belongs in college. He is a mentor.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think Billy is going to survive OKC. Too many egos. Look at Frizdale in Memphis....an outstanding young coach just fired not even a year and a half into his tenure.

Billy belongs in college. He is a mentor.

And if he can land at a blueblood where recruiting won't be as difficult...he gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator