Billy Donovan coaching rumors

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Billy D is revered at UF, and rightly so. He took UF hoops to levels never before seen, much the same way Spurrier did for football. But he did leave UF for the NBA twice. Maybe this time the itch has been scratched, I dunno. But I do agree with others that college hoops is where he shines because he is a great mentor and teacher. I doubt that many NBA players can be taught anything as they already know all there is to know and the only thing larger than their egos is their salaries. But please, lets not be pushing Mike White out the door just yet. I like what I see so far.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Billy D is revered at UF, and rightly so. He took UF hoops to levels never before seen, much the same way Spurrier did for football. But he did leave UF for the NBA twice. Maybe this time the itch has been scratched, I dunno. But I do agree with others that college hoops is where he shines because he is a great mentor and teacher. I doubt that many NBA players can be taught anything as they already know all there is to know and the only thing larger than their egos is their salaries. But please, lets not be pushing Mike White out the door just yet. I like what I see so far.

Agreed. Mike White is solid and the future. Big things lie ahead. Should he ever leave for Duke and Dad it would open back up for Billy. Unfortunately Billy will be looking for a job well ahead of that. It’s going to be hard to see him not in orange and blue. Just like Steve.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I absolutely love and appreciate BD. My family has met him several times and he has personally helped and encouraged my son during an injury.
That said, the last couple years his fire was gone for Gator basketball and it was most evident in recruiting. It sincerely troubles me to see him struggle at the NBA level.

IF he could return to coaching basketball at UF with that original intensity and passion, then I'd love to have BD back at UF.

But I am very satisfied and excited with what Coach White has done and will do for Gator basketball.
Uh, he made the Elite 8 four of his last five years here, including the Final 4 his second to last year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well the difference between ordinary and extraordinary... is that little extra
yjbmm.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There are fine Bball hidden about who arebetter than those previously or presently on the scene. White seems excellent now and could, could outdo BD going forward. Certainly, this year's season results should help White's recruiting. With the in-roads White's made via Jalen Hudson (Va. homestate) Chase Johnson (WVa homestate),
in-roads to the arena (NE USA) that produces more numerous better Bball players than the deep south.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy D not leaving OKC just yet. Its only the beginning of his 3rd year. They had 55 wins his first year and 47 last year. This season is still in the early stages and OKC is 9-12 and just haven't clicked yet. They will and get into the playoffs once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator