Billy Napier is a stupid *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
I don't know if they will fire him or not but that took the program to a new low in my book.
What's with all the penalties? It is bad enough to get outplayed but it looks like the boys don't even know the rules of football.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I think Billy is a good man and doesn’t deserve the vitriol no matter how inept he may be. That doesn’t mean I disagree in anyway that he is a poor OC, has not had the attention to detail that he claimed to, and that the results and direction of on field performance is unacceptable.

It will take a miracle for him to turn this around.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
While we are in this malaise can Ox just open a section where there are no filters and we can just use all the profanities that we want, because I just want to scream fuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkk

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
I think Billy is a good man and doesn’t deserve the vitriol no matter how inept he may be. That doesn’t mean I disagree in anyway that he is a poor OC, has not had the attention to detail that he claimed to, and that the results and direction of on field performance is unacceptable.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I don’t even get upset anymore, the past 15 years have made me realize that I can’t let football make what is otherwise a blessed life miserable

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Who is our Strength and Conditioning coach? Same guy as our Special Teams coach? Both of our lines couldn't move a bunch of grandmas in wheelchairs

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think Billy is a good man and doesn’t deserve the vitriol no matter how inept he may be.

Here’s a good way of looking at it. If his contract included clauses that if his experiments as OC and QB coach could ultimately cost him money and his family would be severely impacted, do you think he’d have changed by now? If he even chose to go that route at all? Of course not. That would directly hurt him. I really hate that it keeps coming to this, but the unbridled criticism is absolutely warranted because he’s choosing to do this and drag UF football through the mud. And do you know why? Because he’s getting paid regardless and couldn’t possibly care any less. That’s why you see the vitriol. These are self inflicted wounds and he’s ok with it.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Here’s a good way of looking at it. If his contract included clauses that if his experiments as OC and QB coach could ultimately cost him money and his family would be severely impacted, do you think he’d have changed by now? If he even chose to go that route at all? I really hate that it keeps coming to this, but the unbridled criticism is absolutely warranted because he’s choosing to do this and drag UF football through the mud. And do you know why? Because he’s getting paid regardless and couldn’t possibly care any less. That’s why you see the vitriol. These are self inflicted wounds and he’s ok with it.
I get it, I just think it can be taken too far. To each their own though.

And make no mistake: I absolutely think he is in over his head

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Ya, the personal attacks are not needed, but fuuuuccckkk. I just cant with this anymore, I dont even want a win, I just want a competent, competitive showing. Honestly I think BN is at a loss too. Just listened to his post-game on the field, and he sounded flabergasted, like, "I have nothing to say, we just got beat, we have to coach better" I dont know what the hell anymore

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
It's over. Everybody knows this experiment is a failure. Some will still be in denial but deep down they know this is not going to work out. It is what it is.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Broken record mode, but I have not wanted a coach to succeed here as much as I wanted Napier to succeed here, since Meyer. But it’s just almost impossible to defend at this point.
I'm with you on that. Can't defend it at all. He is going to have to make changes, but he's here at least to the end '24 to show it.
Ya, the personal attacks are not needed, but fuuuuccckkk. I just cant with this anymore, I dont even want a win, I just want a competent, competitive showing. Honestly I think BN is at a loss too. Just listened to his post-game on the field, and he sounded flabergasted, like, "I have nothing to say, we just got beat, we have to coach better" I dont know what the hell anymore
Definitely. I'm still trying to tell myself this is a young team and it's like Jeckyl and Hyde. Play TN like we did and then like today. Flat out got our azzes beat.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Billy blowing the game isn't surprising, we've seen it before. I'm more disappointed in our young D coach Armstrong; I thought he had a bunch of fighters that would be jacked up for this game and do well against the KY offense. Nope.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was worried the moment I saw the post game locker room speech after Charlotte. Everything from the “not gonna allow you to not enjoy this win” comments, to the “Borat’s brother Bilo” type clapping he kept doing just screamed bad things were to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.