Billy Napier is a stupid *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Joe Brady sounds like a pipe dream, plus I thought he hated college. Billy is likely gonna choose someone he had history with, who's that guy that coached USF last year? Wasn't him and Billy buds? Not even sure if the guy is a good play caller, but I could see him going out and getting someone like that, not a complete stranger he's never coached around.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Joe Brady sounds like a pipe dream, plus I thought he hated college. Billy is likely gonna choose someone he had history with, who's that guy that coached USF last year? Wasn't him and Billy buds? Not even sure if the guy is a good play caller, but I could see him going out and getting someone like that, not a complete stranger he's never coached around.
Hopefully not someone that shares his vision and wears a leash. Billy was a QB in college. Interesting, right?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Are you thinking Jeff Scott??

Not sure he's landed anywhere since USF last year. Scratch that, he's at Climpson as an analyst. He must be in a Saban light rehabilitation program. Maybe he's just a good coordinator and not HC. I know his offense gave us fits last year. But every team's offense gave us fits last year.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Are you thinking Jeff Scott??

Not sure he's landed anywhere since USF last year. Scratch that, he's at Climpson as an analyst. He must be in a Saban light rehabilitation program. Maybe he's just a good coordinator and not HC. I know his offense gave us fits last year. But every team's offense gave us fits last year.

Yeah, that's the guy. I could see Billy reaching out to him, not sure if he's the kind of aggressive play caller we want. Don't know much about his offenses.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Steve Spurrier, Jr the OC at Tulsa.
There ya go.
I've followed him around a little. Bad luck in choosing jobs and schools.
His offense puts up numbers on the ground and in the air. Fisrt year at Tulsa with a first year head coach.
Tulsa's offense has been among the best in the country through the first four games. The unit ranks fourth in the FBS in passing offense (358.5), 11th in passing yards per completion (14.7) and 13th in total offense (507).

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I actually just happened to read this article and logged on here to see if anyone had posted it!

I always find articles like these interesting as we all know that the big money guys carry a lot more weight than any of us. (Unless one of our chatterers is a big money donor!) The ones quoted certainly seem patient; I wonder how long that lasts.

The comment @Theologator quoted struck me as well. The great question of course is will it be a dynamic guy like a Joe Brady or will it be a Billy 2.0?

I think that the reason the big money boosters are patient is because they have funded the buyouts of these bad hires and they aren’t looking forward to being approached again to write seven figure checks.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's the guy. I could see Billy reaching out to him, not sure if he's the kind of aggressive play caller we want. Don't know much about his offenses.
He definitely needs to reach out to someone. But not just anyone. Who that is, who knows? But I have a feeling that his offenses might, just might be more than what we're seeing now.

Steve Spurrier, Jr the OC at Tulsa.
I was just thinking about this the other day and what/where Jr. was. I would look at this as a double hire for the $$. You know dang well that if Jr. was here and HBC still involved there would be conversations like....."Jr. maybe you should do this" or "Pops what do you think about this"?

I could really get behind something like this. Who knows if Jr. wants to come back to Gainesville. It would put him back closer to family. He's in his early 50's and seems he's bounced around the country on jobs. Not sure how he'd feel about what is going on here. But there could be a draw to bring him back. Who knows what it could lead to in the future. But like the idea of it.

Alchemist

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2017
He definitely needs to reach out to someone. But not just anyone. Who that is, who knows? But I have a feeling that his offenses might, just might be more than what we're seeing now.

I was just thinking about this the other day and what/where Jr. was. I would look at this as a double hire for the $$. You know dang well that if Jr. was here and HBC still involved there would be conversations like....."Jr. maybe you should do this" or "Pops what do you think about this"?

I could really get behind something like this. Who knows if Jr. wants to come back to Gainesville. It would put him back closer to family. He's in his early 50's and seems he's bounced around the country on jobs. Not sure how he'd feel about what is going on here. But there could be a draw to bring him back. Who knows what it could lead to in the future. But like the idea of it.
No way Naps ego would ever allow this to happen.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is why we can't have nice things. You don't think Brady had a good time winning a ship with Joe Burrow and Ogre at LSU? That's crazy. He'll spend the rest of his life trying to recreate those spine chilling Championship glory. He's chasing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.