Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I have no doubt he will get there. Look Year 1 is always a little trying, But Butters won (sort of) with other coaches players and yet that could not lead to an elite class. Cousin Eddie won/improved upon (sort of) with other coaches players yet that landed ZERO recruiting hauls. Winning quickly should be a boon for recruiting yet it was not for the previous 2 azzhats b/c they were lazy, egotists. Come in and win AND put in effort on the trail and it should be rewarded. Time will tell.

Spot on.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Should have already been fired for not firing Dan for cause…not recruiting.

Shouldn't have hire Mullen to begin with, it's not like he didn't know what he was getting. The Mullen hire was very much like Foley/Zook.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the end of next year will know.
We don't have to wait until the end of next year to know you're a dork.

Still so much hate in this thread. This is a better hire than Lincoln Riley, who I think is going to disappoint the hell out of those kooks in southern California.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. There's been a lot of talk on here about having "patience" and "trusting the process"... one Napier pumper said to lower our expectations and that our best hope would be to contend for championships around year 7. That isn't how things work here, or how they should work. There's too much talent in this state for a 7 year rebuild, or even a 4 year rebuild.
Not a single person on this board seriously said to wait until year 7. Not a single person even seriously said to wait until year 4.

I think we all know the expectations at UF by now. Good God, let go of your hate.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We don't have to wait until the end of next year to know you're a dork.

Still so much hate in this thread. This is a better hire than Lincoln Riley, who I think is going to disappoint the hell out of those kooks in southern California.
I remember people saying give coaches chances in the past and being crucified as a nutswinger.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember people saying give coaches chances in the past and being crucified as a nutswinger.

We had people saying Mullen needed 6 years when he was hired... there is always that group. But by year 3 we know the direction of the program. Joel Klatts (spelling) said there are 3 year rebuild schools and 6 year rebuild schools in College football, schools like Texas, Florida, USC, LSU should never be 6 year rebuilds. If it is longer than 3 years you have the wrong guy.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We had people saying Mullen needed 6 years when he was hired... there is always that group. But by year 3 we know the direction of the program. Joel Klatts (spelling) said there are 3 year rebuild schools and 6 year rebuild schools in College football, schools like Texas, Florida, USC, LSU should never be 6 year rebuilds. If it is longer than 3 years you have the wrong guy.
Not the point.

The point is some people say give a person a chance (chance <> 6 years or even 2) <> nutswinger.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
This class doesnt matter. It wont be his fault.

Next class, first real class is put up or shut up time.
Big picture I agree, but…….

How the limited time left is used may be telling. If he gets some de-commits back or adds some blue chippers that would be a good sign. If after he talks to some guys who are still on board and they then de-commit, that might be a bad one. The biggest recruit he needs to hold onto is already on the roster.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well that’s a good comeback. Otherwise I’d start to suggest you and Joe stay at the same facility.

Have you tried …

:burn:

:owned:

:burn2:

:bananaburn:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
OU loses 5-star QB, 3 others amid Riley departure

Now Napier can land all of these players - there's even a Florida WR in there.

If he doesn't they should fire him.
I believe all this coaching turmoil will open the door to salvage this class to a certain extent. UF has always been a consideration for elite players, with many of them opening their recruitment because the HC left, Napier can snatch a few of them if he is as good at recruiting as advertised. The transfer portal is a really good place for him at this time which he probably underutilized at ULL and can be a bonanza for him at UF, especially right now. Another thing I noticed is no noise coming from ULL players on feeling betrayed, blah blah blah because he is leaving which lead me to conclude the players considered it an honor to play for him and know he is destined for the big time. The corner they speculate is going to transfer to UF is testimony similar to Ryan Smith following UM. I can't wait to see the result of early signing and the normal signing date to assess his ability to move quickly. Go Gators, hope springs eternal.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I don’t have the anger and frustration that came with the Mullen hire and I don’t feel the excitement and electricity that came with the SOS/Urban hire.

I do feel a sense of relief that we have someone whose head is on straight. Someone who is going to work his azz off. Someone that could be solid on the trail. Having a coach who is disciplined, organized and has a real strong work ethic is a huge upgrade over the last two. Early indications are his staff will be a big upgrade.

I believe he will outperform the last 3 coaches in every way. My only question is can he outperform Saban, Dabo and Kirby?

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I don’t have the anger and frustration that came with the Mullen hire and I don’t feel the excitement and electricity that came with the SOS/Urban hire.

I do feel a sense of relief that we have someone whose head is on straight. Someone who is going to work his azz off. Someone that could be solid on the trail. Having a coach who is disciplined, organized and has a real strong work ethic is a huge upgrade over the last two. Early indications are his staff will be a big upgrade.

I believe he will outperform the last 3 coaches in every way. My only question is can he outperform Saban, Dabo and Kirby?

Well if he can’t out perform Dabo we at least know he can beat his azz! :lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member