Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That wasn't the point of my post. The point was LSU fired O to get a head start. They still don't have their guy.while we have a new HC. THAT was the point, not WHO.

Woodward’s the one guy who can make Stricklin look like Bobby Beathard by comparison.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not my thoughts but...

And it ought to be recognized that even top-flight coaches from the Sun Belt – like Neal Brown (Troy) at West Virginia and Scott Satterwhite (Appalachian State) at Louisville – very often struggle when moving up to Power 5 schools. And Napier has only built a program at one place; that’s a hole in his resume.

Ten Thoughts On The LSU Football Coaching Search

This statement is simply a way to calm down fans because I'm sure some are nervous that USC and UF have already hired coaches while LSU hasn't. Nobody wants a Tennessee type of coaching search. I'm also sure some LSU fans were hoping for Napier, so of course the LSU media will talk him down. Those same guys would act like he's the next Saban if Napier went to LSU.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
That wasn't the point of my post. The point was LSU fired O to get a head start. They still don't have their guy.while we have a new HC. THAT was the point, not WHO.
Are you sure they don't have their guy
He could be in the playoffs and don't want to be announced

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Here in LA the Corndog faithful are losing their feeble minds. Word from my guy in BR is that Cristobal, not Brady, will be announced but who knows. Personally I think that’s delusion and the LAST place he would wind up now that Okie is vacant.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
This statement is simply a way to calm down fans because I'm sure some are nervous that USC and UF have already hired coaches while LSU hasn't. Nobody wants a Tennessee type of coaching search. I'm also sure some LSU fans were hoping for Napier, so of course the LSU media will talk him down. Those same guys would act like he's the next Saban if Napier went to LSU.

I don't think so...UF had Napier the day after Mullen was canned. I think LSU had this all lined up way before O was gone...Talk was...Woodward CAN'T STAND Ed. O.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I don't think so...UF had Napier the day after Mullen was canned. I think LSU had this all lined up way before O was gone...Talk was...Woodward CAN'T STAND Ed. O.

Had what lined up exactly? To be rejected by Jimbo then Riley then Aranda and then have option number 4 hired by Florida? What kind of wizardry is LSU trying to pull, their reaching Tenn levels of embarrassment.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here in LA the Corndog faithful are losing their feeble minds. Word from my guy in BR is that Cristobal, not Brady, will be announced but who knows. Personally I think that’s delusion and the LAST place he would wind up now that Okie is vacant.
BR is a better place than Okie period.

Lots more talent in La.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
Hiring Napier is a risk but what isn't? I along with most rational Gator fans will hope for the best and wish him success because his success is our success. He is a young guy with a lot of energy the real question is how he handles the jump to the SEC. It's the big boys conference and at the margins the narrowest possible for sustained excellence. Obviously the last 12 years ( some could argue even longer) have damaged the Florida brand labeling us as a mid tier program in many peoples minds. I understand desire for a big splash hire for many fans and Napier is not really a big splash hire. Time will tell how effective he is as a recruiter/leader/coach. The jury is out and I hope the verdict is favorable for Gator Nation.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
You just can’t help but getting your shots in. Napier rebuffed Auburn last season. Quit acting like UF grabbed some loser no one wanted.

KIFFIN is the one that there’s been no interest in.
I still have my anti-Kiffen game day shirt when he was UT coach. I could never see hiring the guy who bragged how great it was going to be to sing Rocky Top at the swamp after they beat us. FYI they got their ass handed to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.