Billy Napier - UF Head Football Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
OX
A certain poster on this board posts negatively 24/7. He has poisoned a lot of weak minds. If he is married, and I doubt he is, I feel sorry for his wife. I think CN has the potential to be a very good coach at this level. He’s the exact opposite of Mullet. He’s organized and is NOT lazy. I saw a video of him during a regular practice that impressed me. He communicated well walking around among the players. You could tell the players like him. I think we will find he is very personal and likable. I can see where he is good at building relationships, which means great recruiting.
I think we got the one we needed. I am 100% on board and excited.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
OX
A certain poster on this board posts negatively 24/7. He has poisoned a lot of weak minds. If he is married, and I doubt he is, I feel sorry for his wife. I think CN has the potential to be a very good coach at this level. He’s the exact opposite of Mullet. He’s organized and is NOT lazy. I saw a video of him during a regular practice that impressed me. He communicated well walking around among the players. You could tell the players like him. I think we will find he is very personal and likable. I can see where he is good at building relationships, which means great recruiting.
I think we got the one we needed. I am 100% on board and excited.
Who in da fuk is "CN"?
:shambles:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Coach Napier. Sober up son.
Oh FFS... you're one of those "Coach" and "son" type fellers? OK, "Red"! ... throw in a "college boy!" next time! :lol:

tve18199-19780222-1689.jpg

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Parent of a ull player called in the steve Russell show yesterday to praise Napier. Said when he came to the house to recruit his son " the whole family was ready to play for him". It seemed very genuine and the guy seemed genuinely excited for coach Napier. I for one have come around, I'm pretty excited about it and it seems he's gonna be pretty well received here.
trending that way for me as well, might just be blind hope, but its at least refreshing to read things completely anathema between the current and former HC. If hes the opposite of mullen in any way shape or form, hes doing it right. Mullen left things worse than chump and mac did.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
In my opinion, we made the best hire of any team looking for a new HC. Riley and Kelly are looking like absolute cowards with how they left their programs and seemingly burned major bridges in the process. Any recruit would be foolish to trust either of those guys. A lot can be said about the type of character of a coach that seemingly has questionable loyalty to a program (Riley) or will lie to recruits and players about their intentions (Kelly). By all accounts, Napier handled his exit very professionally and players and coaches seem to respect and love the guy. He clearly has more integrity than either of those two clowns. Nothing is a sure thing in College Football, but I have a great feeling about him. I think he will put together a tremendous staff and surprise a lot of naysayers.
In the interest of full disclosure, Napier would not have been my first choice (I wanted Riley, but then I wanted Frost once upon a time, so I'm probably not a good judge of these things), but I like a lot of what I've seen so far. He seems to be several things his predecessor was not: personable, humble, hardworking, and loved by his players. If Strychnine is right, and Napier is the next "up and comer," then we will have solved our problems for possibly a decade or more. If not we'll be going through this exercise again in a few years. Not that it matters much, but I will certainly give the guy a chance and root for him. (And hope he realizes sooner rather than later that to be truly successful at UF, you have to throw the ball down the field!)

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's what's going to happen, and we all freaking know it. People like you will be at the forefront of it.

Napier is going to hire a OC that doesn't throw 50 times a game and rack up Texas-Tech-style pinball-machine passing numbers, and people are going to start freaking out.

"He's Muschamp! Eek! Ack!"

:ohnoez:

They'll pick apart the new OC, posting up box scores and old YouTube videos that show he had a 3-and-out in the 2nd quarter of a game six years ago. Hand-wringing and pearl-clutching will commence. Then they'll dig up the stats, that he was only ranked #32 in passing in 2017 when we should only ever settle for #1. Some tard will show (with sophisticated charts, graphs, and videos) that the OC's team only threw for 211 yards against X when team Y threw for 242 against the same opponent, making this an outrageous hire. Then more people will pile on, saying they are "saddened" that it's happened yet again. Several will claim they won't watch and are done with UF football forever, like we give a sh!it if they watch or not.

It will be an orgy of embarrassment for all involved.

Can't wait.
Are you ok? Why the change in heart? Not enough nut swingers out there?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Are you ok? Why the change in heart? Not enough nut swingers out there?
Simply explaining how message boards work.

And no, there aren't enough nutswingers on this hire. Under these circumstances, I think we got the best possible candidate out there for a rebuild. He's going to raise the level of the entire program.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Little drunk ass Chihuahua does that for a while then disappears for years.
So who do you think he was talking about when he said somebody on here posts negatively 24/7 and has poisoned a lot of weak minds?

I mean, we all know who the negative 24/7 poster is, but who are these so-called weak minds?? :scratchhead:

Hey Mister Mxyzptlk, come back and name names!

mxyzptlk-superman-villain-crazy.gif

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Simply explaining how message boards work.

And no, there aren't enough nutswingers on this hire. Under these circumstances, I think we got the best possible candidate out there for a rebuild. He's going to raise the level of the entire program.
:therethere:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator