Blown call costs Fatfford and the Lions the ballgame

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody watching MNF saw megatron fumble the ball at the 1/2 yard line and the ball went into the endzone for a touchback. However what wasn't called was that a Seahawks player intentionally batted the ball out the back of the endzone, which is illegal. Should have been first and goal from inches away but instead they gave the touchback to Seattle. Well anyway, its not like the refs have even handed the game to Seattle on the last play of MNF before, so there's that.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sat here watching it as well. Interesting that no one, not Steve or Ray or Trent or anyone has ever heard of said call. We've all seen Punters and QBs do it but doesn't mean it's not a rule.

I'm more pisses Seattle didn't cover.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Seattle is awful this year. They won't make the playoffs. Zona and St Louis will fight for that spot with zona having the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The league head official just said they blew it. The rule is you can't bat a ball that's in the endzone.

Amazing that the same team who benefited from the Golden Tate Fail Mary gets handed another MNF game that keeps their season alive.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n292142 said:
Seattle is awful this year. They won't make the playoffs. Zona and St Louis will fight for that spot with zona having the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seattle's offensive scheme is simply to let Russell Wilson run around for ten seconds until somebody gets open.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;n292188 said:
I believe New Orleans traded him to Seattle.

Yeah, because Graham was demanding to be traded.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n292195 said:
Yeah, because Graham was demanding to be traded.

I did not know that.
If that is the case then I get to laugh at his stupid cane a$$

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;n292197 said:
I did not know that.
If that is the case then I get to laugh at his stupid cane a$$

Well I know he was refusing to sign a contract extension with the Saints unless they paid him like he is a WR instead of a TE. Since the Saints and Graham couldn't agree on what position he played, the Saints decided to trade him instead of him leaving the team for nothing.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Did the announcer actually say that Stafford has never won a road game against a team that finished the season with a winning record?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As a Packers fan i know all too well that the refs will do anything to protect Seattle at home on MNF

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Yeah I thought I recognized these refs last night. Were they the same ones for our game against bUTtchug?

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Graham wanted to be paid like a WR because that's basically what he was. It's also clear that NO is missing him, big time. The most annoying aspect of that play last night is that the ref was staring right at it. Mike Pereira explained the punter/QB batting rule the best IMO, he said that if the punter or QB bats the ball out of the back endzone, it's a penalty and since the spot of the ball is in the endzone it becomes a safety. What's crazy is this could have all been avoided because the ball was right there waiting to be grabbed and downed or run out but he chose to bat it out because "that's what they had been taught." It's like tackling your own guy to the ground after a fumble recovery that would have easily scored because "that's what they had been taught." :whistle:​

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ItsDookie87;n292275 said:
It's like tackling your own guy to the ground after a fumble recovery that would have easily scored because"that's what they had been taught." :whistle:​

... Davis could have cemented his place in football lore had he grabbed the facemask on that play. Can't end in a penalty &
penalty on Gators by the Gator team ... marked off sillily ?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Zambo;n292144 said:
Seattle's offensive scheme is simply to let Russell Wilson run around for ten seconds until somebody gets open.

Which is a perfect offense for Tebow... But he's not allowed in the NFL......

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yea, the formula for beating seattle couldnt be simpler, just force wilson to play quarterback instead of tailback.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it comes down to one call, you can bitch about the call. But it's not the only reason you lost the game. The game is 60 minutes long, one call at the end of the game didn't lose the game, anymore than the previous 59 minutes of the game.

Fatford continues his 1 for teams that end the season with winning records streak (zero wins on the road against winning teams 0-20 I believe at this point).

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
TheDouglas78;n292313 said:
If it comes down to one call, you can bitch about the call. But it's not the only reason you lost the game. The game is 60 minutes long, one call at the end of the game didn't lose the game, anymore than the previous 59 minutes of the game.

Fatford continues his 1 for teams that end the season with winning records streak (zero wins on the road against winning teams 0-20 I believe at this point).

That one non-call at the end of the game DID lose that game. Down 3 with under 2 minutes on the clock with a first and goal from the 6 inch line, I'd say that call is basically the epitome of a non-call costing a team the game. It's not even a questionable call at that. Oh and fuvk the Lions, I don't have a dog in that fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator