Booster Writes Scathing & Depressing Tweet about UF NIL

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As I have said for years UF is the most transient fan base in regards to money and knowledge. I argued for years that the money was never there and for every 100 Mullti multi multi millionaire or few billionaires that a Texas or Meatchicken has, UF has maybe 1. So it became how UF spent the money they had in regards to sports, and this is where the failure began. No need to rehash, But when this BS started, UF was slow to recognize who and what they were. Knowing that the money nor the organization was there, the Admin and staff should have become much more focused on the portal. The schools below the monster money schools that chose that route have given themselves a chance to remain competitive. Yes you sacrifice recruiting but those same players that do not work out at other schools and they truly want to play will then head to those schools where playing time is immediately available. But YES COACHING matters so this where that becomes important. But there is no argument that concentrating on the portal can be a way to stay relevant on the field in a steady way. The last couple of years have seen Ole Piss, FSU, TCU, Louisville, etc. etc. end up with very good records. Yes the Top Money schools also get portal guys, but not to the extent the schools that I just mentioned. The money schools are looking to fill a void, the others are looking to build a roster. UF's only chance as the state of the game currently exists is to become a portal player. Solving gameday BS is another topic that can only have a chance of being solved when Fooley/Strichnine exit stage left.

Last edited:

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Billy is spending too much time in Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas. His staff should be living in Florida schools.
Nah, they should be living on guaranteed buyout money and looking for new jobs, but I digress. Maybe one day we'll hire the right guy to lead our beloved Gators again.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I agree. And I think players that are making a decision that is not NIL based want to make sure that it is a school that gives him the best shot to make it to the NFL for big pay days. And if your program is not winning and not getting kids to the NFL, then why would they go to a program that pays them less NIL?

And I put this in another thread, but this is why it is important to get the majority of your recruits from your state. Because there is more loyalty to your program if they come from in-state. Mainly because it is closer to home and parents want their kids to be close to them.

Billy is spending too much time in Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas. His staff should be living in Florida schools.

Totally agree on the recruiting zones. I’ve been saying this since the portal became a thing. It should theoretically force teams to stay within their region. We are trying to buck that logic, and in doing so we lost a safety commit from Texas, a defensive lineman from North Carolina, swung and missed on our fallback here in Daytona. In the portal we also lost kids from New Jersey, Oklahoma, two from Texas, and watched a Louisiana native leave and got to our arch rival. Thought we were big on analytics.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
You guys are all obviously racists that preferred the full ride with healthcare plantation as opposed to these athletes getting theirs.... shameful :naughty:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with a lot of what you said. But that doesn’t explain how or why we had the #3 class with five stars all over the place until we went on a five game bender.

I can tell you straight from a recruit’s mother’s mouth, the overall visit experience was night and day between schools like Alabama, Texas and uga vs UF.
Agreed.

No one wants to spend 4 years at a college losing to Kentucky if they have another option.

Period.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are all obviously racists that preferred the full ride with healthcare plantation as opposed to these athletes getting theirs.... shameful :naughty:
You talkin to B52? The KKK chaplain?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Agreed.

No one wants to spend 4 years at a college losing to Kentucky if they have another option.

Period.

I’ll divulge a little more. Local kid who grew up a Gator fan and whose mom is still a Gator fan. Mom wanted him at uga. And it was because of the staff and how they handled the visit, the coaching she felt he’d receive and the atmosphere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of doom and gloom here yet all the teams who were previously committed to football still are. They are continuing forward and will continue to win.

The Slumlord's operation is still bringing in top 10 money and spending pennies on the dollar.

Except for the suite full of Assistant Directors making the highest salaries in the SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
As I have said for years UF is the most transient fan base in regards to money and knowledge. I argued for years that the money was never there and for every 100 Mullti multi multi millionaire or few billionaires that a Texas or Meatchicken has, UF has maybe 1. So it became how UF spent the money they had in regards to sports, and this is where the failure began. No need to rehash, But when this BS started, UF was slow to recognize who and what they were. Knowing that the money nor the organization was there, the Admin and staff should have become much more focused on the portal. The schools below the monster money schools that chose that route have given themselves a chance to remain competitive. Yes you sacrifice recruiting but those same players that do not work out at other schools and they truly want to play will then head to those schools where playing time is immediately available. But YES COACHING matters so this where that becomes important. But there is no argument that concentrating on the portal can be a way to stay relevant on the field in a steady way. The last couple of years have seen Ole Piss, FSU, TCU, Louisville, etc. etc. end up with very good records. Yes the Top Money schools also get portal guys, but not to the extent the schools that I just mentioned. The money schools are looking to fill a void, the others are looking to build a roster. UF's only chance as the state of the game currently exists is to become a portal player. Solving gameday BS is another topic that can only have a chance of being solved when Fooley/Strichnine exit stage left.
let me introduce you to the concept of a paragraph.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Totally agree on the recruiting zones. I’ve been saying this since the portal became a thing. It should theoretically force teams to stay within their region. We are trying to buck that logic, and in doing so we lost a safety commit from Texas, a defensive lineman from North Carolina, swung and missed on our fallback here in Daytona. In the portal we also lost kids from New Jersey, Oklahoma, two from Texas, and watched a Louisiana native leave and got to our arch rival. Thought we were big on analytics.
We put the 'anal' in analytics, as in bend over and bite the pillow.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lots of doom and gloom here yet all the teams who were previously committed to football still are. They are continuing forward and will continue to win.

The Slumlord's operation is still bringing in top 10 money and spending pennies on the dollar.

Except for the suite full of Assistant Directors making the highest salaries in the SEC.

Not surprising, it’s a government operation

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
We could have a $100 mil in NIL money every year, out recruit bama and uga combined, and MAYBE win 8 games with this Dollar General coaching staff.

Players aren't the problem. NIL is not the problem. As diehard of a fan as I am, I would not go to UF to play football. There is no development at UF.

FTR, I was invited to walk on at UF in 87. One of the highlights of my HS football days was when I got that letter from Galen Hall inviting me to walk on. I knew a scholarship was out of the question. I was a 6'3 220 OT who likely would have transitioned to TE. Would have been in the class with Emmitt and Dexter and played with and against those two in HS. Kind of wish I had gone but NFL was not in my future. Thought hard about it. Turned down Troy State (no ROTC at the time) and could have won a D2 national title that year. Had to decide between a future and football.

So for a player with NFL aspirations, you have to have experienced coaches with years of experience who know how to develop young players. This young coach mentality to connect with players is crap. Nick Saban isn't young. Kirby isn't young. But they know how to get players to the league and those players LISTEN to what Nick and Kirby are saying.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If that post is true, it's worse than I thought. A roster in todays college football is $85 million?
Oh, I thought it might end up that way after a few years, but damn, this has gone off a cliff.

Yes, I want a championship caliber team at UF. Goes without saying.
Yes, I have contributed to Gator Boosters and will continue to do so.
Asking me to donate to a collective whose sole purpose is to pay an 18 year old kid to come to UF to play football?

That's a hard no.
Especially, if there's no contract, they can transfer at will, play like crap and never reach their potential, and still get paid????
Are they even required to attend class?
Again, if this post is true, you're asking a guy to help pay a salary to someone to play football, that will make more money at 18 years old, than I do actually contributing to society and paying taxes.

It's fine, I get it.
I've lost my 401k, TWICE.
I'm pissed off, struggling day to day with my job , I'm trying to retire in 3-5 years. I've increased savings and 401k contributions, busting my azz with several different projects at the same time, juggling finances in this ****ty economy.

Now I'm supposed to give cash monthly to some spoiled, entitled, prick, that could care less about the University of Florida?
Like ETN and his momma??
Laughable.
How did you lose your 401k twice?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
150 million a year. We've fallen from our perch in the top 2-3 but we are still top 10 in revenue.

We just plead property poverty and guard that money. ADs office views it as their own.
Fixed it for you. And we will still be in the top 10 if we go 0-12 from now until the second coming. TV guarantees that.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I've been called worse. Once a civilian mistook me for a Marine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator