Breaking: 4* QB Jones decides not to come to UF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n126841 said:
We don't have enough OL to field a first team, much less a second team or play a spring game.

I could care about losing next year's fifth string QB.

I hope we recruit a great qb this cycle. We don't wanna another driskel brisset situation again. We definitely need a qb because grier or Harris will end up transferring after next season and we'll be without a back up. Mclwain also needs to find a guy that he can start developing for his system.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We grabbed Treon just by hiring a new OC. I'm sure we can do something similar this year, or make up for it next year.

You guys know well how I feel about all those California flops we've wasted time and schollies on in the past.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;126982 said:
We grabbed Treon just by hiring a new OC. I'm sure we can do something similar this year, or make up for it next year.

You guys know well how I feel about all those California flops we've wasted time and schollies on in the past.

What about Powell? Or Carl Moore?

Nevermind...

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why are there 43 posts in this thread about a QB that we didn't want anyways?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm not usually one of the these guys, but if a kid was dead set on playing for the previous offensive regime, and now--with actual competence on offense and data to support it-- he bails, then I'm going to conclude he is not very bright.

I also find it odd that a kid who could come in and play day 1 at UF is leaning toward a school with an emerging Fr QB that is firmly entrenched as a starter. Again, no sense.

The only thing that bothers me is his quote that he hadn't heard from anyone at Florida I'm a while. Wasn't the last staff supposed to be recruiting still? There are only 8 commits. How does he fall through the cracks? If we're paying them for a service, it would be nice if they were actually doing it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n126992 said:
What about Powell? Or Carl Moore? Nevermind...

Exactly. Powell, waste of time at LB (too slow) and too small and weak to play the run at DE in the SEC. Carl Moore? Just a body.

California 5 star = 3 star.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n127049 said:
Exactly. Powell, waste of time at LB (too slow) and too small and weak to play the run at DE in the SEC. Carl Moore? Just a body.

California 5 star = 3 star.

At least they were high character guys like Josh Shaw

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Josh Shaw, another Cali 5 star. Duke Lemmens.

No thanks.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;127082 said:
Josh Shaw, another Cali 5 star. Duke Lemmens.

No thanks.

Was Duke from Cali? How the hell was he starting here at DE? Mind boggling.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
BMF;n126858 said:
Jones has UT heading in the right direction. I wouldn't say him looking at UT is proof of anything except a kid taking notice of a program on the rise. UT has a freshman starting right now (and kicking ass), so I can't imagine his interest is anything more than bandwagon (going to see what all the fuss is about). UT's recruiting class is ranked in the top 5 in most of the services. They're hot right now....we're not.

Last UT quarterback from California was Tyler Bray. Tennessee has more teeth than California has brains.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Will Wisconsin blame the long time off between their last game and the CG for their performance?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;127112 said:
Will Wisconsin blame the long time off between their last game and the CG for their performance?

They should blame that OSU defense for being all up in their azzes.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n127085 said:
Was Duke from Cali? How the hell was he starting here at DE? Mind boggling.

Yes.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we add Ivey, Jefferson, and Cowart, we are at #26. No reason to not be a top 15 class if we get those 3

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
soflagator;n127048 said:
I'm not usually one of the these guys, but if a kid was dead set on playing for the previous offensive regime, and now--with actual competence on offense and data to support it-- he bails, then I'm going to conclude he is not very bright.

I also find it odd that a kid who could come in and play day 1 at UF is leaning toward a school with an emerging Fr QB that is firmly entrenched as a starter. Again, no sense.

The only thing that bothers me is his quote that he hadn't heard from anyone at Florida I'm a while. Wasn't the last staff supposed to be recruiting still? There are only 8 commits. How does he fall through the cracks? If we're paying them for a service, it would be nice if they were actually doing it.

Sofla, he was primarily recruited and stated he wanted to play for Roper. This tells me that Roper is either moving on on his own, or he knows he won't be retained.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n127146 said:
Sofla, he was primarily recruited and stated he wanted to play for Roper. This tells me that Roper is either moving on on his own, or he knows he won't be retained.

Ok, thanks. Makes sense, but I still think you meet the new HC first. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator