Brock Lesnar Ends Retirement, Fighting At UFC 200

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/6/11866922/brock-lesnar-to-face-mark-hunt-at-ufc-200

Joining Hannah Storm during the Monday morning edition of SportsCenter, the 38-year-old fighter revealed he will face Mark Hunt at the July 9 event.

"Why not? It could be anybody. I didn't care," Lesnar said of the announcement. "If Dana White called me and said, 'You have opponent X, Y, and Z, who do you want?' He never gave me those options. This is the guy that we want you to face, I said, 'Great. This is what I'm going to do.'"

Lesnar said the bout came to fruition simply. Sitting at his farm in Canada, sipping on a cup of coffee, Lesnar couldn't shake the feeling that he didn't finish what he started inside the UFC Octagon.

"I couldn’t live with that decision [stepping away from MMA]," Lesnar said. "Going back to that interview [when I said I was done with MMA for good], it was a hard decision for me to make. That decision has haunted me for the last 15 months, and I figured I couldn’t live like that for the rest of my life.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I would like to see Lesnar get the same beat down he received from his last 2 matches.
If he can't get the fight to the ground, that will be exactly what happens.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
yay1.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Kimbo Slice just passed at 42

Terrible. Massive heart attack. Sad

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is lesnar still with sable? Is she still hot?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Seems almost like UFC wants to market persons with big personalities that like to talk a lot or are controversial in some way. It's almost like watching WWE with their promotions for fights. Guys screaming at each other and stating how much they hate each other and such...Used to be they always played on mutual respect, sportsmanship and such along with a passion for MMA but I guess that gets harder and harder to sell these days in a era of built up sensationalism....

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Seems almost like UFC wants to market persons with big personalities that like to talk a lot or are controversial in some way. It's almost like watching WWE with their promotions for fights. Guys screaming at each other and stating how much they hate each other and such...Used to be they always played on mutual respect, sportsmanship and such along with a passion for MMA but I guess that gets harder and harder to sell these days in a era of built up sensationalism....
You mean like.......Ali in boxing?

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Don't make me go all political rope a dope....Whatever happened to that thread anyway?
Oh it wasn't a political statement at all, just saying that the way Ali talked trash and promoted fights was similar to the way guys like Conor McGregor, Chael Sonnen, and others do in MMA today.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Oh it wasn't a political statement at all, just saying that the way Ali talked trash and promoted fights was similar to the way guys like Conor McGregor, Chael Sonnen, and others do in MMA today.
No doubt. I've actually started watching some UFC again lately and noticed the promos for the pay per views are almost getting like the old WWE. I almost pulled the trigger Saturday night to see Cruz/Faber go at it but figured I just watch when it's free...

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
No doubt. I've actually started watching some UFC again lately and noticed the promos for the pay per views are almost getting like the old WWE. I almost pulled the trigger Saturday night to see Cruz/Faber go at it but figured I just watch when it's free...
It was a pretty good card. Cruz/Faber turned out just like I pictured it would. I'm no Cruz fan, but the guy is really good when he's healthy. Faber never had a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.