Buchholz vs Lakeland....Friday - Dec 1st at 7:30pm

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Stake/Bradford my kids and my alma mater had only given up 47 pt. all year before falling behind 14-0 at halftime. Despite 5 fumbles, three in the 2nd half they tied it up with 1:28 left and won on a ballzy 2pt conversion in OT.
It was great hard hitting highschool game, that the officials got out of the way and let the kids play.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Lakeland wins!!!! 21-20. Ironic they win it on a missed XP from Buchholz. Lakeland hasn't had a good kicker this year. That's an impressive win against a team I thought was going to roll them. Polk county boys represent!
I went with friends. Started at Spurriers (drank and ate at Visor) The Bucholz playing surface looks like a cow pasture. Very large crowd, Lakeland was well represented. Went down by 14 right off the gun and it looked bleak until the Lakeland QB started his air raid and quickly got us tied before the half. I have not seen the stats but Zander Smith had to throw for close to 300 yards tonight as we could not run on the D led by Miles Graham, a seriously good LB. Held Bucholz to only 6 points over the last three quarters which was amazing as their OL outweighed the Naught DL by 50 lbs per man. A real thriller for HS semi-final. Now I have to find a way to go to Tallacrappy next weekend for the finals against Venice, another really good team who put up a lot of offense every week.

Go Naughts!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I went with friends. Started at Spurriers (drank and ate at Visor) The Bucholz playing surface looks like a cow pasture. Very large crowd, Lakeland was well represented. Went down by 14 right off the gun and it looked bleak until the Lakeland QB started his air raid and quickly got us tied before the half. I have not seen the stats but Zander Smith had to throw for close to 300 yards tonight as we could not run on the D led by Miles Graham, a seriously good LB. Held Bucholz to only 6 points over the last three quarters which was amazing as their OL outweighed the Naught DL by 50 lbs per man. A real thriller for HS semi-final. Now I have to find a way to go to Tallacrappy next weekend for the finals against Venice, another really good team who put up a lot of offense every week.

Go Naughts!
This is what bugs me about Lakeland's coach. he's not really let Zander throw all year

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Vanguard at Mainland was a good game. McCray was up against a good left tackle #75 for Ocala. Really looked great and made his share of plays. Vanguard had a game plan of quick screens to the sideline avoiding his rush. Both teams made good adjustments all night. Mincey was flagged for some P.I. and a dead ball unsportsmanlike foul (should have been on both players). I notice he came off early in a lot of pain, but taped it up more and played hard. Every player on both teams played hard, and the refs worked hard sorting out a lot of flags.

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Bad day to be Bucholzer, Wildwood girls spanked the gals from G'ville on the basketball court.
8e94cf4ecc83a78ab632f8a62b95f315.jpg

Last edited:

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
Stake/Bradford my kids and my alma mater had only given up 47 pt. all year before falling behind 14-0 at halftime. Despite 5 fumbles, three in the 2nd half they tied it up with 1:28 left and won on a ballzy 2pt conversion in OT.
It was great hard hitting highschool game, that the officials got out of the way and let the kids play.
That coach at Starke had huge balls going for the win like that! Congrats to Bradford....now they have powerhouse Cocoa High School for the State Championship!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I actually don't watch college or pro hoops. But I can sit and watch high school all day. I'm lucky enough to have the state championships right here in lakeland! So March for 2 or 3 days is all day basketball for me

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
Great game between Daytona Mainland and St. Augustine. Mainland hits the game winning field goal as time runs out. 21-19 Mainland, Mainland's first state championship in 20 years!

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Group of friends and I are flying to Tallahassee on a six seater to watch the Naughts play for another championship Saturday night. All I know about Venice is they score a ton of points so the Naughts D has to play lights out for two weeks in a row to win back to back championships. Go Naughts!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Group of friends and I are flying to Tallahassee on a six seater to watch the Naughts play for another championship Saturday night. All I know about Venice is they score a ton of points so the Naughts D has to play lights out for two weeks in a row to win back to back championships. Go Naughts!
Like bucholz I expect them to be blown out. But they've surprised so far so who knows

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Holy crap lakeland might pull this off. This would be one of the more impressive championships in their history.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

Enjoy the venice band playing warchant as a 51 yard TD gets broken off in them

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Lakeland repeats as champions against Venice. 53-28, ran all over them. Second year in a row we've beat them in the title game. That's what venice gets for playing the warchant.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
LOL. Make that a 60-48 final. Lakeland got REALLY stupid in the last two minutes and venice scored 14. Venice had a 95 yard kickoff return td and TWO onside kicks recovered. but lakeland intercepted to seal the deal...and then lakeland for good measure ran for 50 yards and scored again.

That lakeland team gave up a ridiculous amount of yards in these playoffs and somehow pulled it off. One of the best rushing teams i've ever seen. They out ran their defense's mistakes. Though to be fair the defense had 4 INTs while they were giving up near 50 points

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
We left Lakeland at 5pm for an 8pm start and was home by 2am after the thrilling victory. First Malik Morris is a man playing with boys and he is a tenth grader. Castle told me he is the best athlete he has ever coached and he only had him as a freshman. That is the ultimate compliment from the legend.

Zander Smith put up a gutsy performance with what appears a dislocated throwing shoulder. We could run all night and so did Venice. Our D was physically manhandled for the majority of the game but came up big with a fumble recovery in their end in the third qtr. to retake the lead for good. Followed it up with a strong stretch punctuated by a terrific pick six.

The final minutes were as strange as I have seen at any level so give Marvin Frazier credit for holding the team together to pull out a championship in his first season at the helm. LHS had almost 500 yards rushing for the night led by Morris and D'Marious Rucker who sealed the deal with his exceptional game.

So glad I went with my friends and YES I was sporting my Letter Jacket I earned back in 69. Go Dreadnaughts easily one of the historically great programs in the States history of HS football powers. A special shout out to my friends Andy and Drinda Proctor whose son Jack won his second ring following the footsteps of his older brother who won his in 2017.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
D'Marious Rucker was a beast out there against Venice. I see he is only a 3-star recruit with offers from $hit teams.....Florida should be looking at this kid.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
D'Marious Rucker was a beast out there against Venice. I see he is only a 3-star recruit with offers from $hit teams.....Florida should be looking at this kid.
He has been terrific in his career at LHS He was the Offense difference maker last night. He doesn't have the size or speed to replace an ETN or a Montrell Johnson at UF or a comparable. He may be really good at App State, Coastal Carolina or a place like that. Great young man, really good smaller back but not a get for top shelf P5. Malik Morris is the 5* future that we need in a couple years. Full court press on him. Rucker was off the rails great last night with multiple touches that were ESPN highlight stuff. Really a great kid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator