Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No O-line = No QB value

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Remember when all you fools were fighting over on GSMB about who should be the starter between Driskel and Brissett??? That was some funny stuff back in the day.....

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh great I can't wait to hear about who's racist and why again. :rolleyes:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WinterGarden Gator;n174504 said:
While I'm optimistic on Grier, I haven't written Harris off just yet.
i'm in this camp. I see Grier at this moment as similar to JD, a highly rated HS quarterback that has the physical tools, but played against minor league HS teams. Hopefully the year of redshirting helped to prepare him mentally, While Harris didn't take command of the field like I was hoping, he did show flashes of being a good quarterback. With the experience he gained already and another year of maturity, I think he'll prove in camp that he should be the starter and will be way more consistent at both passing accurately and deciding when to tuck and run.

With Mac not holding back on offense I can see where we get a good lead and allow Grier to come in and get plenty of quality snaps too. This should be done to give him game experience in case Harris is hurt. But it all will come down to having a decent O-line. No time to pass, missed blocking assignment, etc, doesn't matter who the QB is, they won't be successful if the big uglies aren't getting the job done.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I don't care if they make a lb the QB if he can sling it around the field and score touchdowns and win games I'm all for it.. I'm so excited for next season.

Attachments

• conv_2381.jpg
    conv_2381.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 34

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Two different deals between Driskel and Grier. Driskel played at a higher level HS classification but at a new HS with nohistory. Everyone - including the rating pundits - was impressed with his arm and physical talent. He was ranked #1 but had no body of work of which to speak.

Grier was at a much lower level in NC HS football. However, he played for 4 yrs. Dad was his coach. He set records for passing yardage during his time there while also rushing for 1000 yds/season his last 2 years.

The biggest difference between the 2 is that Grier had to actually learn the system, progressions, tree routes, etc. that Driskell never learned in HS.

Driskel still hadn't learned that at UF - either on him and/or crappy coaching development. His confidence was shot.

Let's hope that won't be the case moving forward.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n174473 said:
Can you feel it? It's coming. I can already picture this guy slingin' it all over the field.

Discuss.

Just saying, I think once again gators have a fully christian QB of top character.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n174568 said:

KC, just saying ain't it time "God smiled on the Gators today" ?
… especially after we had to endure Judas Iscaridiot.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n174565 said:
Just saying, I think once again gators have a fully christian QB of top character.
So you're saying Grier is a virgin and isn't getting any on campus?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
With what I see Mac building and with the current players returning its starting to look like they are migrating away from the abomintion we've witnessed over the WM Error. With that said I can see them taking a QB like Grier, build him up, protect him, and put good players around him. But yes, Harris is not out of the mix. Mac and Nuss have done this before with the likes of McCarron and McElroy. This could be a very nice ride. So yes, saddle up!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n174488 said:
If we find 5 dudes who can block for him, it's on!
Yeah, maybe we can find a few 17 year seniors to transfer.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n174539 said:
Remember when all you fools were fighting over on GSMB about who should be the starter between Driskel and Brissett??? That was some funny stuff back in the day.....
I remember thinking about how mediocre they both looked.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am rooting for Harris to win the starting job just so this thread title can be wrong. :lol:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

fetch

Jeez, exactly how many chins does Zach have? Eat a salad, brother... :lol:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n174608 said:
Yeah, maybe we can find a few 17 year seniors to transfer.

UAB's offensive line?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n174507 said:
This staff will probably find a way to use them both. I do think Grier wins the starting job though...
Hopefully not...if you have 2 QB''s you have none. I want 1 to win the job and keep it and i don't care who it is...we need a constant leader at that position.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Can we run the Princeton multiple QB set offense? We can just split Grier out wide a la Brantley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.