Buckle up, it's Will Grier time

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n174651 said:
Hopefully not...if you have 2 QB''s you have none. I want 1 to win the job and keep it and i don't care who it is...we need a constant leader at that position.

Like I said, I think Grier wins the starting job. I believe this staff will put together packages for whoever isnt the starter. I think this staff will utilize whatever is necessary to win. Just having the ability to properly evaluate players and put the right ones on the field will be a huge improvement. We watched champ say weekly that they needed to figure out how to get this player the ball and then that player never even see the field.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
gatormandan;n174688 said:
We watched champ say weekly that they needed to figure out how to get this player the ball and then that player never even see the field.

Muschamp didn't know sh*t from shinola when it came to offense. Looks like Mac does.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n174624 said:
I am rooting for Harris to win the starting job just so this thread title can be wrong. :lol:

Just imagine T's melt down if that happens.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm confused. What is this "slingin it" to which you refer? I thought the QB's only job was to hand it off to the runningback on all 3 downs. :dunno:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
maheo30;n174734 said:
I'm confused. What is this "slingin it" to which you refer? I thought the QB's only job was to hand it off to the runningback on all 3 downs. :dunno:

No. You hand off the first 2 downs and then try to throw it 50 yards on 3rd down and then you punt.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
WobbleGator;n174744 said:
Dan will be mad also.

Not at all. As long as the right guy is on the field and we are winning, who cares what name is on the jersey.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n174767 said:
Not at all. As long as the right guy is on the field and we are winning, who cares what name is on the jersey.

Your AV cares.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
WobbleGator;n174770 said:
Your AV cares.

My AV shows who I believe will lead us to the next NC. I think he is our best QB talent. What I think and whats reality could very well be completely different. I just want to win. If the water girl can help us win, put her in.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I am just glad we will have a true QB battle that is being evaluated by 2 guys that know offense! (McElwain and Nuss) Treon reminds me of a Blake Sims kind of QB. Same build and skill set, while Grier is more of a AJ McCarron. I would have taken either of those 2 guys!

No matter who wins the job we will have a better year under center. Give the OL a couple games to gel and pray we don't have many injuries up front. RB is loaded too! Cant wait!

Go Gators!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see it myself even though I would like it to happen if he is legit. I think with Harris already getting some experience and playing top competition in high school etc. that he will probably hold onto the job. Too many of these top rated QBs from high school never do anything in college and the rate of failure is even higher when they play small ball like Grier did. I do trust McElwain unlike Muschamp to play the best option however and make a change if he thinks one needs to be made.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Hopefully our OC has better luck than he did in his last stop but that QB in Michigan probably was destined to not progress much kind of like our Driskel situation.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac, in the first presser said he didn't know the offense yet 'cause he didn't know players' best skills, but he did
know it was going to be a blast. So QB interchanges and both QBs back their could be a blast. ??

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n174883 said:
I just don't see it myself even though I would like it to happen if he is legit. I think with Harris already getting some experience and playing top competition in high school etc. that he will probably hold onto the job. Too many of these top rated QBs from high school never do anything in college and the rate of failure is even higher when they play small ball like Grier did. I do trust McElwain unlike Muschamp to play the best option however and make a change if he thinks one needs to be made.
Harris isn't exactly a returning starter so there isn't a "change" that needs to be made. Open competition in the spring...should be exciting

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n174883 said:
We're f'd if Harris wins the starting job. I'm almost certain morningwood is more capable. I don't see treon winning the job.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n175080 said:
We're f'd if Harris wins the starting job. I'm almost certain morningwood is more capable. I don't see treon winning the job.

Mac has said repeatedly that Treon is the starter heading into spring and it will take something incredible from the others to win the job from him.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
MJMGator;175127 said:
Mac has said repeatedly that Treon is the starter heading into spring and it will take something incredible from the others to win the job from him.
Link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.