Buckle up, it's Will Grier time

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n176153 said:
From a lot of reports we got last year Treon and Will were neck and neck but some said Treon threw a better short and medium ball and Will had a better long ball. I really hope this isn't the case because to me Treon's biggest issue was being consistent on short and medium throws. I guess we'll find out pretty soon though.

Actually, I had heard that Will was leaps and bounds beyond Treon in passing and accuracy but that it was already decided he would redshirt and that the coaches felt a mobile QB might help.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n176262 said:
Actually, I had heard that Will was leaps and bounds beyond Treon in passing and accuracy but that it was already decided he would redshirt and that the coaches felt a mobile QB might help.

Yep. I think they felt Treon's mobility would translate better to the offense they were running under Driskel.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n176153 said:
From a lot of reports we got last year Treon and Will were neck and neck but some said Treon threw a better short and medium ball and Will had a better long ball. I really hope this isn't the case because to me Treon's biggest issue was being consistent on short and medium throws. I guess we'll find out pretty soon though.

I heard the opposite, they were not even in passing. But Treon was more mobile which fit the packages for him better.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n176268 said:
What makes you people think that the old coaching staff even had them throw in practice? Judging by games - they didn't.

They passed it a ton in practice...during the DB drills. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
G8RNGA;n176262 said:

That's what most of us thought would happen but there were some reporting, Goldkamp was one and I believe Crucial was another, that Treon was neck and neck and better on some of the dink and dunk stuff.....

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n176414 said:
That's what most of us thought would happen but there were some reporting, Goldkamp was one and I believe Crucial was another, that Treon was neck and neck and better on some of the dink and dunk stuff.....

Lets not forget who was evaluating them.,..

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n176414 said:

Yeah... I'll take the word of the insiders I talked to who actually played football over Goldkamp and Crucial. No offense to pudgy white guys of course.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd venture to say it's been since Brock Berlin that I watched a spring game. I'll watch this one because of Grier.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n176424 said:
Yeah... I'll take the word of the insiders I talked to who actually played football over Goldkamp and Crucial. No offense to pudgy white guys of course.
:hehehe:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n176460]I'd venture to say it's been since Brock Berlin that I watched a spring game. I'll watch this one because of Grier. [/QUOTE]
Berlin is a great example of the guy everyone thought would win the starting job who did not win.

I think you guys are silly. Some of the same guys who ranted and raved in support of Driskel four years of terrible performance suddenly act like Treon being mediocre as a TRUE FRESHMAN (not even an early entrant) means that he's done and has no upside.

I like Will. I prefer QBs who look to pass. I like gunslingers. Will looks like the best one we've had since Grossman. I'll be happy if he wins it.

However, I will also be happy if Treon does. I'll be most happy if they both look like they are ready because with this OL we are going to need it.

:chomp:

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I'd personally like to see Will start and Treon have quite a few plays in the wildcat. The kid is a natural runner and made some big plays with his legs this year.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n176460]I'd venture to say it's been since Brock Berlin that I watched a spring game. I'll watch this one because of Grier. [/QUOTE]
If we have enough healthy O-linemen. Of course the QB's will be with a non-contact red jersey, so even if the line breaks down they'll be safe

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Swamped Gator;n176495 said:
I'd personally like to see Will start and Treon have quite a few plays in the wildcat. The kid is a natural runner and made some big plays with his legs this year.
Not to mention he has the arm of trey Burton

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n176478 said:
Berlin is a great example of the guy everyone thought would win the starting job who did not win.

I think you guys are silly. Some of the same guys who ranted and raved in support of Driskel four years of terrible performance suddenly act like Treon being mediocre as a TRUE FRESHMAN (not even an early entrant) means that he's done and has no upside.

I like Will. I prefer QBs who look to pass. I like gunslingers. Will looks like the best one we've had since Grossman. I'll be happy if he wins it.

However, I will also be happy if Treon does. I'll be most happy if they both look like they are ready because with this OL we are going to need it.

Pick a side damn it

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n176478 said:

Better than CL? Who holds the UF record for most yards passing? As a pure passer, I would think Leak still ranks incredibly high. Tebow was a great leader, and could pass it (in college), but didn't have a pure passer motion like Chris did.

We'll see who wins out. As you wrote Law, I'd be happy to see Treon develop into a quality passer and win the starting job. But . . . I think that it's gonna be Will who wins the starting job this spring, even if Mac / Nussmeier don't announce it til the third week of August practice.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n176508 said:
Better than CL? Who holds the UF record for most yards passing? As a pure passer, I would think Leak still ranks incredibly high. Tebow was a great leader, and could pass it (in college), but didn't have a pure passer motion like Chris did.
I love Leak. He had a rough damn time with 4 OCs, including the last one who wanted to run the veer.

I guess I dont really consider him a true gunslinger. We always relied on the run and he was never really given the option of being the main weapon who picked apart secondaries.

Tebow usually had under 200 yards. Hes the polar opposite of a gunslinger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator