Butch Jones - Best SEC East coach

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tennessee the greatest offseason team in NCAA history. Then the real season begins.

Butch-Moral-Victories-MEME.jpg

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
The sad thing is all the TN fans I know believe this. A good buddy of mine vehemently defends Jones and makes silly excuses for all of the late game meltdowns. The dude can recruit, there's no doubt about that. But he can't coach when the game is on the line...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The sad thing is all the TN fans I know believe this. A good buddy of mine vehemently defends Jones and makes silly excuses for all of the late game meltdowns. The dude can recruit, there's no doubt about that. But he can't coach when the game is on the line...
He can recruit? Their recruiting classes still can't even touch the players Fulmer used to bring in.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Can he? It's one thing to recruit highly ranked players, but performance on the field is the goal. Seems player evaluation and development is lacking.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

...... in moron victories.

Little known fact concerning prognostications :
"Nostradamus was murdered by his brother, Leftydamus, who grew sick of Nosty reminding Lefty of
the approaching date of Lefty's death."

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/best-of-the-sec-east-ranking-the-2016-coaches

it's a sad state of affairs when Butch Jones is labeled the best coach in a conference division - :puke:

remind me again, when did he win SEC Coach of the Year - looks like GATOR Bait to me

:chomp:

as usual, feel free to add your worthless $0.02

This just shows there that sportswriters have too much time. There are a couple of funny things about this though:

1. Muschamp is rated worse than a guy who has never been a college head coach. Or Muschamp is rated below another Saban DC.

2. All of Jones' "hardware" is from jobs other than UTn and conferences other than the SEC.

3. They claim SEC division co-champs when in fact only one team wins the division and goes to Atlanta.

4. Stoops and Mason are also below a guy who have never been a college head coach.

5. UF coordinators grades are worse than UTn, UGa and Vandy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He can recruit? Their recruiting classes still can't even touch the players Fulmer used to bring in.
Yeah, not even close. Fulmer was a beast. 4 and 5 stars everywhere.

Bandboy is the king of the 28 man 22 of which a 3 star classes.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The last three years:

UT - 45 - 4/5 stars
UF - 30

We needed a miracle last year to pull out a W. If there was ever a season to break the streak it is this year. Gonna be a tough one. Butch will probably Butch though. You'll see a lot of suicides in Knoxville.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Such absurdity cannot be explained so don't even try. But I did get a good laugh.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's the same every year here. Which tells me "12" is more than likely to happen. But make no mistake.....as much as they are hyping and pumpin' this crap up here....the next breath is "if he loses to Florida, he's gone." It's so funny. Vile fans really believe if they pump it enough, it will happen. Sad, just sad.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's the same every year here. Which tells me "12" is more than likely to happen. But make no mistake.....as much as they are hyping and pumpin' this crap up here....the next breath is "if he loses to Florida, he's gone." It's so funny. Vile fans really believe if they pump it enough, it will happen. Sad, just sad.

I am pretty sure if he doesn't win the East this year then he never will at UT. This is their year. IMHO, the fanbase will turn on him when he loses to UF. If he somehow salvages an East title. He'll keep his job. Anything short then he is done and so is Hart.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still playing my hunch that the inbreds will be in absolute shock after the big attendance bonanza at Bristol. Fuente will want to make a splash quickly post-Beamer, and that game will do it for him.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wait ... he isn't even the best coach on their team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator