Butters expects to help Michigan's receivers somehow

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
"Well, you're not going to catch it if you're not open," McElwain said when asked about his focus. "The No. 1 thing we do, we start our practice with, we've had great work with our secondary in some individual release drills just trying to help our guys put some things in their toolbox to help them be successful. So far I've seen a lot of progress."

McElwain's stay in Michigan might not be a long one. He said Monday that he's already picked up on a few things he can use if he's given another shot to be a head coach in the future. He might not take a leadership role on the overhauled coaching staff. He does have a chance, though, to put his fingerprints on a significant change for a Wolverine passing attack that proved to be one of the program's weakest links a year ago.
http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/pos...t-help-michigan-most-by-focusing-on-receivers

Discuss.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
200w.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Peanut butter on their hands should help, right?

At least Harball is smart enough not to name Butterteeth coordinator. Having none is better than having Butters.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
He should have started with, "you're not gonna catch anything with the dumb-ass plays I draw up. With a different OC, I've seen some progress"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's hilarious listening to Mac talk about practice. I didn't know his teams did that.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who in the world would give that man "another shot" at a head coaching gig? Not only did he sh*t the bed in Gainesville, it was the way he sh*t the bed - we all know the stories, starting w/ S&C. Not sure why he wouldn't just take his buyout money and go buy a ranch and live out his days reminiscing about his two SEC East "championships"...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who in the world would give that man "another shot" at a head coaching gig?
you're not giving much respect to a man you're not giving much respect to a man who almost beat a service academy at Colorado State.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Small wonder Michigan's offense hardly fared any better than Florida's under Mac. They've ditched the idea of OC in favor of "collaborative" playcalling amongst several assistants.

Collaborative? LMAO. Maybe they should yank the wings off the helmet in favor of a hammer and sickle.

Mac should feel right at home in that circus. Hell, he may end up the OC if they like his five-year plan best.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Since he apparently did not teach our receivers how to run routes and get open I doubt he will be of much help there either.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"The No. 1 thing we do, we start our practice with, we've had great work with our secondary in some individual release drills just trying to help our guys put some things in their toolbox to help them be successful. So far I've seen a lot of progress."

confused035.gif

Seriously, WTF is he even saying here? God I do not miss this bull$h!t.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Also of note: Harbaugh “overhauled” his staff already?

Clearly Michigan is a solid program and much improved from the Hoke era (featuring Nuss). But Harbaugh hasn’t been able to get them to the elite level his pay level demands. And he thinks the guy that HIRED Nuss is going to help?

Tick...tick...tick

How long until he gets his next NFL gig and steps away from his alma mater? This may be his last year.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
These are the kind of fingerprints he should be associated with after what he did to UF.
booking-fingerprinting.jpg

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
confused035.gif

Seriously, WTF is he even saying here? God I do not miss this bull$h!t.

I'm not sure there's a better response than this. Even just his wording of things as if he's some football genius and gracing the reporter with some basics, really shows so much the arrogant, condescending demeanor that he had here. The thought of having to stomach that for another year almost makes me want to skip lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator