Butters future suddenly looking brighter

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was about to post this. :lol: That emote exists to respond to pretentious posts like that one. Yeesh, that was painful to read.
We need to have guys like that around, no doubt but the delusion level is high with that one.

I find it bizzarre that even as the offense gets worse and worse, some are declaring that Butters has fixed it. That is an impressive set of O&B goggles.

Last edited:

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
In theory it's possible that the offense could be better. But all of that is predicated on the QB playing being better. That's a big ask from franks and trask. For those thinking the running game will be better have a point, but if we don't have the ability to throw because our qb's stink, then teams will stack the box and neutralize what should be our strength

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We got it, many of you are skeptical. It will have to actually happen for you to believe it. Understandable. Winning the way we've been winning is rather unbelievable and has required the right set of circumstances. It is difficult to imagine us being able to continue to maintain even the level of success we have had because we don't exist in a vacuum. Every other team in the east is also trying to improve and we must expect them to. Is it possible we could regress some? I'd say it's likely, at least to some degree, considering all the factors that have been mentioned. If we do, I don't think there's reason to blow up or get panties in a wad, just expect it and deal with it. Is it likely we do poorly and regress a lot? Possible, but I'm hoping not. Yes, that would be a cause for more concern and the noise here and elsewhere would be louder and uglier, and would make 2018 even more "crucial". But, either way, it would seem that 2018 has the potential to be the year when we should be much better. And, yes, I know that patience is gone for some of you and it's way past all sounding and looking the same.
I love my Gators but I wish they'd put it all together. I think Mac is being allowed to build this thing and do it his way. He has been successful, though not fast enough for some, and we are all aware of the offensive woes. Doing it his way will either continue to progress or be enough rope to hang himself. Time will tell and he has less of it. Which, to me, is the reason he got what appears to be aggressive coaches because he realizes the way things are.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
It's awfully convenient for your argument to assume that the defense will be worse next year (for legitimate reasons) while also assuming the offensive line and running game will be exactly the same (which requires you to ignore the legitimate reasons why that shouldn't be expected).

For example, you ignore that Taylor only played half the year, TJ McCoy the last third. Plus both were true freshman and should be vastly improved, especially with more time to work together. Ivey will move to his natural spot at LT where he should also be much better. You also ignore that Scarlett as lead back from day 1 and a junior won't be better.

For all those hoping Redshirt Frask will ride in to save the day, I'm hoping too, but I can make a better case that the run game will be the strength of the offense right now.
Where did I mention Taylor or McCoy. Taylor started 12 games and McCoy 4. The OL has a whole unit was awful. McCoy was a RS Fr. You're entire post is wrong. Scarlett is an average SEC RB. Do any of you pumpers research before You post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.