Byron Cowart Leaves Auburn in tears

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorJ;n231560 said:
I don't know about of lot that. But I do agree that CeCe will be a better player. Plus his attitude and personality are stellar. He was the one that I was hoping would sign with us. And TBH, I'd rather have Ivey than Cowart any day of the week.

Losing Cowart was a sting. A top flight DE like Manuel would lessen it considerably. But we're pretty sturdy, deep, and explosive on the D Line. In all reality it was probably worse to lose Jalen Merrick and Jeffrey Holland.
Only reason I said that was because I know a couple of people who we're around him alot. They also know what happened towards the end of his recruiting process which we wanted no part of. Why do you think he cooled off on us so quick after our previous DL coach visited him??? Auburn was offering more than a scholarship and we weren't, that's why. Also...you remember Leo refusing to sign the LOI for CeCe then saying he lost it? Well there was people working him also.Lol! Trust me, there was stuff going on behind the scenes in the recruitment of Cowart that wasn't right. BTW...look for his mom to relocate to Auburn soon.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Only reason I said that was because I know a couple of people who we're around him alot. They also know what happened towards the end of his recruiting process which we wanted no part of. Why do you think he cooled off on us so quick after our previous DL coach visited him??? Auburn was offering more than a scholarship and we weren't, that's why. Also...you remember Leo refusing to sign the LOI for CeCe then saying he lost it? Well there was people working him also.Lol! Trust me, there was stuff going on behind the scenes in the recruitment of Cowart that wasn't right. BTW...look for his mom to relocate to Auburn soon.

Doesn't surprise me. The fact that he said "CeCe wanted to be a big fish in a small pond at UF" invokes bull****tery to the max. If anything, Cowart is exactly that at a talent starved Awwwburn.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
that interview made him sound like an ignorant ass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We hire a coach just to get an egostical high school kid? Did Awbarn hire a coach just to land an egostical high school kid? I doubt either. It's not like you have an unlimited amount of coaching positions available.

This just shows the insane amount of ego this kid has. Hope he can back it up on the field.

I also will watch with interest at what happens with Holland and Coward if either or both get beat out for their positions. They both basically play the same position so SOMEONE has to lose this. If Cowart gets moved from buck to DE and forced to play 2 gaps instead of pass rush, will his ego survive?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n231637 said:
We hire a coach just to get an egostical high school kid? Did Awbarn hire a coach just to land an egostical high school kid? I doubt either. It's not like you have an unlimited amount of coaching positions available.

This just shows the insane amount of ego this kid has. Hope he can back it up on the field.

I also will watch with interest at what happens with Holland and Coward if either or both get beat out for their positions. They both basically play the same position so SOMEONE has to lose this. If Cowart gets moved from buck to DE and forced to play 2 gaps instead of pass rush, will his ego survive?

I thought about that as well. Holland is listed as a linebacker and Cowart as a DE - But Holland got recruited at Buck. Cowart has talked about standing up which would put him at buck as well.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n231637 said:

Cowart isn't fast enough to play Buck so he'll end up at DE and then the reality will set in that Chump lied to him. What happens after that is what will be interesting. Lol

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n231468 said:
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I will be a the biggest Lane Kiffin on Nov 28th. The two village idiots squaring off

I'm not waiting that long. I want Petrino to stomp a 40 point mudhole in Duncechump's ass on September 5th in Atlanta.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When you have the IQ of a pencil, what do you expect...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I spoke w a friend, former power conference player (who didn't get a Gator offer) who used to cut tape at Bammer and is now in a higher quality control position in another power conference. He said Chimps secondary schemes aren't sound and create too many run pass conflicts or check conflicts and changing secondary assignments depending on the routes run. Chimp is also basically running Saban's defense from 15/years ago but it hasn't advanced the way Saban has. Bammer can basically guess his plays and even know play names, calls, and some audibles.

He said the secondary problems are well known and that is why we were terrible on third down. He thinks Saban and Kiffin can score as many points as they want, and they will want to score. I mentioned thinking Chimp sold out against the run and my friend agreed but said Saban did too. It was felt that too few college Qbs have the ability to hurt the defense so it was the smart play.

He also didn't think much of Collins. Thinks he wwasnt the best hire. Thought Collins at least is aware of the more recent improvements to Saban's defense. He didn't have recruiting duties at Bammer and doesn't have the reputation of being a great recruiter. FWIW.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;231738 said:
I spoke w a friend, former power conference player (who didn't get a Gator offer) who used to cut tape at Bammer and is now in a higher quality control position in another power conference. He said Chimps secondary schemes aren't sound and create too many run pass conflicts or check conflicts and changing secondary assignments depending on the routes run. Chimp is also basically running Saban's defense from 15/years ago but it hasn't advanced the way Saban has. Bammer can basically guess his plays and even know play names, calls, and some audibles.

He said the secondary problems are well known and that is why we were terrible on third down. He thinks Saban and Kiffin can score as many points as they want, and they will want to score. I mentioned thinking Chimp sold out against the run and my friend agreed but said Saban did too. It was felt that too few college Qbs have the ability to hurt the defense so it was the smart play.

He also didn't think much of Collins. Thinks he wwasnt the best hire. Thought Collins at least is aware of the more recent improvements to Saban's defense. He didn't have recruiting duties at Bammer and doesn't have the reputation of being a great recruiter. FWIW.

This doesn't surprise me. It's one reason why we've never been dominant on the D-line. We have the talent but we rarely blitzed. This forced our D-line into matchup problems and they never got freed up to to put pressure on the QB.

As far as knowing calling plays, I see that as well since Bama had about 1500 yards passing on us in about 20 plays.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n231741 said:
Btw, I hope your wrong about Collins.

Lots of questions about Collins coming in. His defenses made a living off the TO. Not so much straight up physical defense, but i doubt he had the overall talent level either.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
alcoholica;n231742 said:
Lots of questions about Collins coming in. His defenses made a living off the TO. Not so much straight up physical defense, but i doubt he had the overall talent level either.

Good post. I hope having more talent across the board lends itself to a more aggressive defensive scheme especially with our players on the back end. Overall I think Muschamps defense was fairly sound however we rarely attacked the way most of us wanted at times. Teams were not afraid to attack us on third down and we rarely used our LB's to blitz after Quinn left.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n231813 said:
Me thinks Shannon's title is more than just a title.

Me thinks you are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.