Caleb Brantley charged with Battery/Video released

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It appears from the investigation that his version of the incident was very close to the truth. I wonder if someone thought they could make a quick buck basically extorting him. It did cost him quite a bit of money but if he proves to be a great player he will make some of it up in whatever second contract he gets. Remember he is getting paid good money to play a game that he enjoys, we should all be so lucky to get paid quite a bit to do something we enjoy.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It appears from the investigation that his version of the incident was very close to the truth. I wonder if someone thought they could make a quick buck basically extorting him. It did cost him quite a bit of money but if he proves to be a great player he will make some of it up in whatever second contract he gets. Remember he is getting paid good money to play a game that he enjoys, we should all be so lucky to get paid quite a bit to do something we enjoy.
Wouldn't that be sweet!
weed+spock.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like she cost him around 2 million plus and I doubt she has anything to go after.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If I were him, I'd have a counter-suit filed before the end of the day. This B__ch cost him millions!
What's he gonna gain from an underage, drunk, lying, b*tch that probably has $29 in the bank?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like she cost him around 2 million plus and I doubt she has anything to go after.

Just as an aside...I think he was slipping before this happened. Once this came out teams pushed him further down. Teams have the resources to check on stuff like this...hell one guy is accused of sexual assualt. Didn't matter and he went high. He was probably a mid rounder to begin with. Then...well...history

I think we are putting too much blame on a single incident when in reality(that word again) he was falling before this all happened. Crazy...I know.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just as an aside...I think he was slipping before this happened. Once this came out teams pushed him further down. Teams have the resources to check on stuff like this...hell one guy is accused of sexual assualt. Didn't matter and he went high. He was probably a mid rounder to begin with. Then...well...history

I think we are putting too much blame on a single incident when in reality(that word again) he was falling before this all happened. Crazy...I know.

Hard to say but many places had him going 2nd round before this. They should be hermits until draft day.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to say but many places had him going 2nd round before this. They should be hermits until draft day.

Agreed but Mixon and that Raiders dude went way higher...are you saying that teams don't have the same resources as the Vegas Raiders...lol. It wasn't this one incident. I think most will agree.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
And we don't have our own resources? Hell...any GM can pick up the phone and call Mac personally.

2+2 is not 4 here

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
You wonder? In this case it was pretty clear early on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

This story says there were serious questions about his workouts and work ethic.
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Caleb Brantley's battery complaint wasn't sole reason for NFL draft slide

https://usat.ly/2rrRtbj

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
These charges should NEVER have been filed. A couple of posters here seemed to immediately decide he was guilty once they were, including one who exaggerated the negative by twice stating that Brantley knocked her teeth out. Could we please hear from you guys now? Hmmm?
In all fairnes
When you hit or flail into to someone because you don't like what they say, you have crossed a line,
regardless of gender.

It was clear pretty early on that the witness of the friend was lying based on the fact the initial report of the hospital visit had said injuries were superficial.

Also the fact the officer on the scene wrote Brantley had been the one assaulted. GPD doesn't just do that as a courtesy to football players. They arrest football players for assaulting by paper cup and sandwich. GPD because of the issue of domestic physical abuse and the shift for law enforcement to demonstrate they take it seriously, does not make a habit these days of turning a blind eye to male on female violence.

The friend is the one the next day who filed a new report, which any reputable police force would accept and process, especially involving a locally high profile football player right before the draft when it would collect greater public scrutiny.

The timing sucked for Brantley. It seems highly likely it was a shake down for money, maybe to be split 2 ways, and if nothing else a way to get some revenge for anger one or both had about Brantley or the incident. Selfish immature people.

And Brantley aside, women have a hard enough time with getting appropriate processing for sexual and physical assaults without other women muddying the waters and working against justice by playing a system that is trying to be more responsible and responsive The misuse of the law like this for petty selfish reasons really really pisses me off.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Brantley aside, women have a hard enough time with getting appropriate processing for sexual and physical assaults without other women muddying the waters and working against justice by playing a system that is trying to be more responsible and responsive The misuse of the law like this for petty selfish reasons really really pisses me off.
Amen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator