Callaway cited for pot

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he had been wearing that helmet that Butters bought .....errrrrr.... didnt buy, The cop would have known not to cite him.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
By the time the Michigan game rolls around , we'll probably be missing 5 starters for doing stupid stuff like this. Time to go back to only cupcakes in game one.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
GPD is exceptionally douchey, IMO. My brother got pulled over in Gainesville for yelling out of his window. End result was a DUI (spent the night in jail with Frankie Hammond Jr that night).

I don't think other city's PDs let athlete's off; I think they're not riding around pulling people over for f*cking seatbelt violations.

GPD definitely don't look the other way on anything, next we'll get a player arrested for jay walking.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
GPD is exceptionally douchey, IMO. My brother got pulled over in Gainesville for yelling out of his window. End result was a DUI (spent the night in jail with Frankie Hammond Jr that night).

I don't think other city's PDs let athlete's off; I think they're not riding around pulling people over for f*cking seatbelt violations.

So your brother was driving drunk and that makes the police douchey? Seems legit...
:doh:

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So your brother was driving drunk and that makes the police douchey? Seems legit...
:doh:

No, douchey is using something like a seatbelt or yelling out of a window to pull someone over. It's coincidence that he was actually ridin' dirty, as they say.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Really? Pulled over for not having their seatbelts on?

@GPD
:racist:

I've been pulled over for no seatbelt before. I'm white. Do I have a case?

T5cQbrc.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Could he have been working on his Glaucoma???

You know the tune: I can see clearly now, the brain is gone.

Bet Callaway does not play versus Michigan; Mac's trapped into a 1-game suspension. So, Callaway shouldn't practice either. Others will have to step up.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
By the time the Michigan game rolls around , we'll probably be missing 5 starters for doing stupid stuff like this. Time to go back to only cupcakes in game one.

Totally agree. I know it looks "cool" to be one of the big openers, but playing a cupcake is smart. No need to get cute and make excuses. Play a cupcake, workout the kinks, and get ready for the real season to begin.....

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

I am tiny. I was pulled over and the officer didnt get out so after what seemed like a long time, I started to walk toward him. He was parked way way back. Too far to speak with. I thought I was being courteous. He thought I was threatening. He got out fast and pulled his gun and told me through a megaphone to get back in the car. It was night. I had inadvertently speeded, so I didn't even know at the time why he had stopped me. It was over by the hospital on Archer Rd. Not a deserted lane either.

Second time, I was followed very closely for 20 miles by someone that I had been warned might be unstable, who was supposed to be elsewhere at that time, ,and who had turned around at one point and backtracked to follow me again when I evaded her. I drove to ASCO and discovering they had moved, I drove to GPD with her still following me very very close to the vehcile.. I just wanted to report it and mostly have her see me there and realize she had crossed a line. Also to have it on record, in the event it happened again.

The guy at the desk was hostile, very intimidating, and aggressive in his tone, body language, and words. And he was huge physically. He, didn't deal with my fear or request except to threateningly demand my license and refused to acknowledge anything I had said. I began to wonder if I was going to get it back and definitely regretted turning in there for help. I was especially worried because the other 3 people behind the desk looked very worried, concerned for me, and seemed very uneasy and on edge about what he was doing.. Eventually I got it back and he snarled that since it had started outside the town I needed to report it to the Sheriff's dept. (Square one, as I had stated I couldn't find it and since she was still following me through town I pulled in). Couldn't drive to work without potentially endangering children. Thankfully one of the other staff at that point spoke up and told me the location when I asked where it was.. By the way, the ASCO handled it beautifully, and offered an off the record creative response that fit the circumstances involved.

Previously I had been impressed with what seemed like the police chielf's concern about the community kids and the programs the police were involved in when I attended a couple of community youth council type meetings as my work rep, but those 2 experiences, especially the last one, soured me on turning to them for any assistance. Luckily I don't live in town.
I have no problem with the guy checking my license. It was treating me so threateningly while he was doing it, not returning it in a timely way, and not addressing the reason I turned to them, plus the tense on edge behavior of his companions while he was "assisting" me.

I can't imagine what this guy would be like on the street or called out to an actual crime. I tell myself it was one flawed person., but there seems to be these extended incidents of over zealous responses through the years.

Last edited:

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am tiny. I was pulled over and the officer didnt get out so after what seemed like a long time, I started to walk toward him. He was parked way way back. Too far to speak with. I thought I was being courteous. He thought I was threatening. He got out fast and pulled his gun and told me through a megaphone to get back in the car. It was night. I had inadvertently speeded, so I didn't even know at the time why he had stopped me. It was over by the hospital on Archer Rd. Not a deserted land either.

Second time, I was followed very closely for 20 miles by someone that I had been warned might be unstable, who was supposed to be elsewhere at that time, ,and who had turned around at one point and backtracked to follow me again when I evaded her. I drove to ASCO and discovering they had moved, I drove to GPD with her still following me very very close to the vehcile.. I just wanted to report it and mostly have her see me there and realize she had crossed a line.

The guy at the desk was hostile, very intimidating, and aggressive in his tone, body language, and words. And he was huge physically. He, didn't respond to my fear or request except to demand my license and refused to acknowledge anything I had said. I began to wonder if I was going to get it back and definitely regretted turning in there for help. I was especially worried because the other 3 people behind the desk looked very worried, concerned for me, and seemed very uneasy and on edge about what he was doing.. Eventually I got it back and he snarled that since it had started outside the town I needed to report it to the Sheriff's dept. (Square one, as I had stated I couldn't find it and since she was still following me through town I pulled in). Couldn't drive to work without potentially endangering children. Tthankfully one of the other people told me the location when I asked where it was..

I rest my case. Some people go in to law enforcement for the wrong reasons and Gainesville seems to be a magnet for the douchey ones.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
The UAA has mandatory suspensions for failed drug tests. In addition, an athlete can not compete if they are arrested for a felony. However, it does not appear that an arrest for a misdemeanor has any automatic penalties. I think it will be left up to the discretion of Mac and the AD.

http://floridagators.com/documents/2016/9/12//2016_17_SA_Handbook.pdf?id=15825

Given the nature of our first game, I doubt that Callaway will be suspended if this is his first violation related to drug use. I think it is likely that Mac would require Callaway to receive drug counseling provided by the UAA. It is also likely that there would be other minor consequences such as running.

However, if Callaway has previously failed a drug test then Mac may decide on more severe consequences. The first failed drug test does not require a suspension, so the public would have no way of knowing. I could see Mac suspending Callaway in that circumstance despite the enormity of the game.

Callaway is now establishing a pattern of off field indiscretions and already has a reputation for not putting in full effort at practice. Each of these events decreases his market value not only with the NFL, but also with any future endorsement opportunities. Of course, he could overcome all of that with a 1,200 yard junior season.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
No, douchey is using something like a seatbelt or yelling out of a window to pull someone over. It's coincidence that he was actually ridin' dirty, as they say.

In the Callaway case there is always the possibility that the individual driving the car is a known drug dealer, that the car was in an area known for drug sales and behaving suspiciously (driving slow, stopping to interact with people, etc) or that the officer saw the car leaving a house known for drug sales. There are a multitude of possibilities. In any of those cases it would be perfectly reasonable for an officer to use a minor violation as a means of stopping the vehicle and investigating further.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I rest my case. Some people go in to law enforcement for the wrong reasons and Gainesville seems to be a magnet for the douchey ones.
The guy at the office struck me as the kind that probably knocked people, including his family, around a lot.
The first guy, I thought maybe was new and scared. Not that it would have helped if he had pulled the trigger, and thank God I was not of imposing size. It is a difficult job in that your life and body are on the line in not only expected, but sometimes unexpected situations. and then you have to balance that with not being trigger happy and having some interpersonal skills in dealing with the public, and getting really good at evaluating situations.

The patterns of excessive charging and rudeness or intimidation though don't come from a wired up nervous system.or being in danger.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What I want to know is; how the F do these kids keep getting caught by the police. I know plenty of pot smokers who have NEVER had a run in w/ the law. What an idiot. Those of you expecting him to play have much lower expectations from our admin/coaches than I do. Also, those of you who thinks he plays please don't chime in anymore with the 'holier than thou' comments when thugs at other schools do sh*t. I know, I know...."it's just pot". But, just like steroids, these kids are repeatedly told not to do it. It's selfishness at it's finest....and it's against the law. I don't expect to see him on the field vs. Michigan.

Expecting him to play, and thinking he should are two different things.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Right.....and he hasn't even been kicked off the team yet! Does Mac know about this?

Not even close. He would first have to take a banned substance and get caught by the NCAA and get suspended then coach would have to help him try to get the suspension dropped or reduced and then his daddy would need to bring his arrogant ass (doubt he is anything like daddy Grier) and then the coach would have to make the decision on whether or not to allow a parent to dictate his team and its management and then when he decides to tell the family that nothing is written in stone he would then assist the player in moving along if that is his wish. You know, just like he did for ped boy.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
In the Callaway case there is always the possibility that the individual driving the car is a known drug dealer, that the car was in an area known for drug sales and behaving suspiciously (driving slow, stopping to interact with people, etc) or that the officer saw the car leaving a house known for drug sales. There are a multitude of possibilities. In any of those cases it would be perfectly reasonable for an officer to use a minor violation as a means of stopping the vehicle and investigating further.
. Your post caused me to chuckle a bit because I knew a lot of people using weed and low level dealing to friends, and knew of a couple dealing in larger quantites who started quite respectable businesses after a few years. None of the deals involved the imagery you use- cruising in a car, driving slow, or stopping frequently to interact with people. It was all very one to one in people's homes, and back in the old days, most students I knew didn't have cars..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator