Callaway offered plea deal

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Right - whatever to hopefully get us more losses.
Not at all but if we do indeed lose that game maybe he blames himself and he changes the way he treats authority. It's obvious you don't care if he does what he wants you just want him to play so we have a better chance to win. I care more about the person than the win because people who don't care about authority have a better chance of ending up in jail and I don't want that for him. I think he's a good kid and I don't want things to get out of hand and the way that happens is not having to taking responsibility for your actions. You continue to be soft on him and he takes advantage

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
It was a nice try. Let me take a swing.

It was marijuana. You know what I mean? At least it gives you somethig to talk about. We may handle it. Or maybe it's deal where we have him run the stairs kinda deal. And yet he made choices. You know what I mean?
I get that you say "it's marijuana you know what I mean" as stupid as it is it's again st the law. Should it be probably not but the fact that it is still means it's against the law and were not suppose to break the law. I could care less if he or anyone else wants to do it but if you're caught with it then because of it being against the law you should be punished.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not at all but if we do indeed lose that game maybe he blames himself and he changes the way he treats authority. It's obvious you don't care if he does what he wants you just want him to play so we have a better chance to win. I care more about the person than the win because people who don't care about authority have a better chance of ending up in jail and I don't want that for him. I think he's a good kid and I don't want things to get out of hand and the way that happens is not having to taking responsibility for your actions. You continue to be soft on him and he takes advantage

If he hasn't learned respect for authority by now, it's most likely too late now.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
When a person is stupid enough to hang around a guy with an extensive arrest record, a one game suspension isn't going to help. I'm not sure what Mac can do, but it needs to be something else. It needs to be impactful.

I agree but perhaps a weekend in the real jail or prison to show him what happens when you hang out with criminals and do drugs.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Id like to send him a message that possibly changes his life. This is his 2nd time being in a situation where he could be suspended so it's obvious he still thinks he can do whatever he wants. Sometimes 1 game don't get the point across so maybe he needs 2-3 games to really get the point across that you have to go by the rules. It's more important to me that he understands that for his future than him playing and nothing changes in his life. And yes he could serve that suspension and nothing change but maybe it does change his life who knows but I'm in favor of possibly changing his life

I'm a little disappointed that I'm even engaging this, but weed and other small matters have been plaguing UF and virtually every other football program for more than a decade. It's not as if he doesn't know his actions are against the rules. Do you really think he'll be sitting in his dorm thinking about his mistakes, what it may have cost him, embarrassment for his family, etc? Because there's little to no case history to support that. In stark contrast, history has shown that guys who are knuckleheads remain so throughout their entire lives, with few exceptions. So the notion of changing his life is fools gold. Too many of these kids aren't taught accountability for the first 18 years of their lives. You really expect a head coach, with limited contact time, to change all that? Ridiculous.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man, we need Robinson to be enrolled and ready for Game 1, with or without AC.
I'm not certain it's possible. I don't think he can enroll until September and he can't practice til then.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sofia should be the official spokesperson for UF. I think I'm gonna have to give up whipping my kid after reading his posts.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I don't care WHO is on the field, we aren't passing much. I don't think he will affect the outcome of the game. For that matter, given his history as a punt returner, he may well hurt of if he is on the field with STs.

Suspend him. It's more important than to have the team than to have one win anyway.

Once you lose the team, you will never get them back. This is critical. And it's not like he hasn't been warned already. THERE IS NO FVKKING REASON FOR HIM TO EVEN BE IN THE CAR WITH THAT POS DRUG DEALER.
Saban..etc..etc don't lose they're teams whenever they let this type of $hit slide so why would we? In my opinion we don't need to hurt the "team" for his stupidity. This is a big game that we need to win so He'll play and he should #ChompChomp

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saban..etc..etc don't lose they're teams whenever they let this type of $hit slide so why would we? In my opinion we don't need to hurt the "team" for his stupidity. This is a big game that we need to win so He'll play and he should #ChompChomp
Trailerbammer players are afraid of Lil Nick.

Think our players are afraid of Butters? Other than the fear that he will take off his shoes?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get that you say "it's marijuana you know what I mean" as stupid as it is it's again st the law. Should it be probably not but the fact that it is still means it's against the law and were not suppose to break the law. I could care less if he or anyone else wants to do it but if you're caught with it then because of it being against the law you should be punished.
:mac:

Try to keep up.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The bigger wrongness was his involvement with a repeat felon, indicating that Callaway was biting on a felon's salespitch on something illegal. The age-difference begs that inference. Now, I totally distrust Callaway. That's not a "nice" feeling to have about a Gator hero.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The bigger wrongness was his involvement with a repeat felon, indicating that Callaway was biting on a felon's salespitch on something illegal. The age-difference begs that inference. Now, I totally distrust Callaway. That's not a "nice" feeling to have about a Gator hero.

Yep the guy he was with even had a prior messing with an underage person molesting charge. I hope Callaway didn't get violated since he was way younger than the guy.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm a little disappointed that I'm even engaging this, but weed and other small matters have been plaguing UF and virtually every other football program for more than a decade. It's not as if he doesn't know his actions are against the rules. Do you really think he'll be sitting in his dorm thinking about his mistakes, what it may have cost him, embarrassment for his family, etc? Because there's little to no case history to support that. In stark contrast, history has shown that guys who are knuckleheads remain so throughout their entire lives, with few exceptions. So the notion of changing his life is fools gold. Too many of these kids aren't taught accountability for the first 18 years of their lives. You really expect a head coach, with limited contact time, to change all that? Ridiculous.

PREACH, Brother!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator