Calling FireFoley...Where ya at now?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

They actually are very effective defensively. They block shots and change shots. They were key to setting the tone last night

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I am here. That was a great performance by the team last nite, especially defensively, not going to take anything away from them. But I don;t sway by the results of one game either way. If they can continue that effort and also make more strides offensively, I have said all along that this was a good team, and that was the frustrating part. But to show you how I watch games, did anyone else hear what was said by two separate people, one at halftime (an objective watcher) and one by Rick Barry (strictly a fan)? Both said that in the first half we had some very questionable shot selection, especially early and rushed 3 point shots. This is not to put down the performance or the effort, but just trying to show how many of us watch games. if all those shots go in, no one cares. But I am always looking to the future and where improvement can easily be had. And shot selection is easily self controllable. I have always said Mike's weakest attribute is half court offense, x's and o's. I have also said that I think his kids play hard for him, especially on the defensive end, just not always smartly. I have not wavered on my views. It is just most of you interpret my comments incorrectly 99% of the time.

They did take too many shots early last night. Are you looking for perfection? Even Billy's teams weren't perfect. They played good basketball last night. They passed the ball well and adjusted to play better in the second half (coaching!). White has done a very good job.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
All you Gator Basketball and Mike White and Hill/Chiozza Haters and Complainers are OWNED and DESTROYED and TRASHED and DOMINATED and FRIGGIN HUMILIATED just like UK tonight baby!! How's that one taste baby?!?! I have ALWAYS been a HUGE defender of the basketball program and you Haters are choking on crow tonight baby!! Where is FireFoley at now??!!??!! Always complaining even when we win. Guess what?? We didn't just WIN, we friggin STUFFED you critics and Gator Haters!! GO GATORS!!

Mike White doin work on those sidelines baby!! Mike White working wonders with this team and our point guards Hill and Chiozza!! Just as I figured, all the Haters and complainers like FireFoley are NOWHERE to be found. He complained that the last game was too boring cause it was a BLOWOUT. Well this one vs #8 UK was a COMPLETE BLOWOUT and DOMINATION too baby!! I guess you stopped watching in the first half of this one too. LOLOLOL FireFoley can't catch a break hoping for UF to lose. GO GATORS!!

FireFoley OWNED and DESTROYED YET AGAIN tonight baby!! FireFoley BANNED FOR LIFE!!
There is some merit to what you say, however I believe you miss the main point. Fire Foley evolves from the one thing an Athletic Director can't let happen, the slide or perceived slide in mediocrity of the FOOTBALL PROGRAM. You won't be considered successful when you are behind f$u and don't stand toe to toe with best the SEC has to offer in FOOTBALL. All of those other trophies just won't matter, that's just the way it is in the SOUTH. I happen to believe we can do both but think that Foley let the others rise at the expense of FOOTBALL

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I am here. That was a great performance by the team last nite, especially defensively, not going to take anything away from them. But I don;t sway by the results of one game either way. If they can continue that effort and also make more strides offensively, I have said all along that this was a good team, and that was the frustrating part. But to show you how I watch games, did anyone else hear what was said by two separate people, one at halftime (an objective watcher) and one by Rick Barry (strictly a fan)? Both said that in the first half we had some very questionable shot selection, especially early and rushed 3 point shots. This is not to put down the performance or the effort, but just trying to show how many of us watch games. if all those shots go in, no one cares. But I am always looking to the future and where improvement can easily be had. And shot selection is easily self controllable. I have always said Mike's weakest attribute is half court offense, x's and o's. I have also said that I think his kids play hard for him, especially on the defensive end, just not always smartly. I have not wavered on my views. It is just most of you interpret my comments incorrectly 99% of the time.

Fair enough.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Focused to win and didn't doddle around with it or give cause that there would be any other outcome... solid win and team mindset. Identity baby, it goes a long way. To our delight, Looks like White is getting his message implemented. Go Gators!

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kind of new here.....we hate our basketball team too? We don't like Mike White? Damn.

I really like this team. They're not going to win the national championship this year but they will have a solid season. They are fun to watch and I think White is a young Billy D. He'll do well with the program.
GCMB Survival Guide
Hate all UF coaches
Hate all UF QB's
Hate the UAA
Hate our recruiting rankings
Hate our facilities
Hate Liberals
Hate Nickelback
Hate that the McRib isn't a permanent menu item

Follow these rules and you'll be good to go.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GCMB Survival Guide
Hate all UF coaches
Hate all UF QB's
Hate the UAA
Hate our recruiting rankings
Hate our facilities
Hate Liberals
Hate Nickelback
Hate that the McRib isn't a permanent menu item

Follow these rules and you'll be good to go.
I think that's just a "Humans With Hearing" survival guide.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get ya man, I think you make some valid observations. I did listen to Rick Barry's comments on our first half play, and agreed with him. It's great having him in the stands and being such a prominent BB figure (drawing more attention to our program), even though he's full of himself much of the time (I guess he's earned the right to be).
What I don't understand is: 1. Your posts reeking of criticism after 30 point blowouts; 2. you walking out of the Mizzou game at halftime.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I will really whoop it up when they beat another ranked enemy.

:lol2:

"They haven't done enough for me to cheer yet. Do some more and I will."

Way too often the attitude of Gator fans. Just whoop it up! What's it gonna cost you? ...dissatisfaction? :dunno:

Hey Gator fans, "we" just crushed Kentucky! Follow my lead!
:sohappy::bananadance::sohappy:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think that's just a "Humans With Hearing" survival guide.

nodding_clint_eastwood.gif

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I have picked up on a common response theme: " You guys think we hope the Gators lose or the program fails. Nothing could be further than the truth. We just want to win National championships like we're suppose to."

I, for one, do not believe you hope for failure. Rather, I think you simply cannot fully enjoy any success along the journey.

Bowl Game: Win. Enjoy it.

NSD: Win. Enjoy it.

Kentucky: Win. Really enjoy it.

These are our Gators. I enjoy them even as I share some of your same concerns. I always want more, always want better. But I try to enjoy the successes.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In actuality, we're a recruiting pipeline rejuvenation, support facilities modernization and QB with moxy away from being a complaint free zone. :grin:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have picked up on a common response theme: " You guys think we hope the Gators lose or the program fails. Nothing could be further than the truth. We just want to win National championships like we're suppose to."

I, for one, do not believe you hope for failure. Rather, I think you simply cannot fully enjoy any success along the journey.

These are our Gators. I enjoy them even as I share some of your same concerns. I always want more, always want better. But I try to enjoy the successes.
I here ya and I used to think the same way. The state of our football program has turned me into an azzhole these days. I can feel my arms shrinking.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

giphy-2.gif

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

Nailed it!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Great win by the team. White continues to get great effort from his players. Hill had the game of his career, don't expect it to continue at that level. Chiozza makes better decisions but has trouble consistently shooting. Eggman will get you good minutes in the paint on the boards and defense. Hayes is continuing to improve, and should be fun to watch here on out. Hester is starting to get more playing time and making strides. Barry has been shooting well in conference play. We need Allen to step up and be assertive. Also Robinson has been impressive and Leon seems to provides sparks at the right time. This team is over achieving, but effort will get you that. If they keep it up, we could shock someone in March. It's not expected, but again, effort.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Great win by the team. White continues to get great effort from his players. Hill had the game of his career, don't expect it to continue at that level. Chiozza makes better decisions but has trouble consistently shooting. Eggman will get you good minutes in the paint on the boards and defense. Hayes is continuing to improve, and should be fun to watch here on out. Hester is starting to get more playing time and making strides. Barry has been shooting well in conference play. We need Allen to step up and be assertive. Also Robinson has been impressive and Leon seems to provides sparks at the right time. This team is over achieving, but effort will get you that. If they keep it up, we could shock someone in March. It's not expected, but again, effort.

Good assessment. I think the next stage of development we need is consistency. We have, at times, played very well as a team. Nearly every rotation player has had some really good stretches. When or if we gain that consistency...watch out.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I'm kind of new here.....we hate our basketball team too? We don't like Mike White? Damn.

I really like this team. They're not going to win the national championship this year but they will have a solid season. They are fun to watch and I think White is a young Billy D. He'll do well with the program.
Marine, this place is eat up with "we suck, you suck and our program sucks because Foley sucked. A fan base raised on SOS/BillyD/Urban knows football and basketball and anything less, sucks..............Patience and perspective left town years ago and what we have left is :wobble:
so when things do not work out for the "WE suck so bad " group some in here like to have fun............sorta like me right now;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.