Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty insightful. He never wanted to leave.

I remember an interview in spring of 07 I think.... Cam was already on campus for sure. The question was are you going to give Cam a package to develop him and to keep the wear and tear off Tebow. Urban answered yes.

Now that being said, people forget that Cam Newton could NOT hit a screen pass in 07 and 08. he needed to go somewhere and get competent quarterback coaching which she was never going to get with Dan Mullen. I suspect if he had stayed he would have looked like Fitz, Emory and all the other Mullen QBs who actually regress as a passer during their tenure. I don't know who they had at Blinn at that time, but we should have hired the quarterback coach at least.

I know there are people who say the Brantleys were pushing behind the scene to for him to win the quarterback job. That may have been true but pressure on external pressure on Urban would not be likely to work.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember an interview in spring of 07 I think.... Cam was already on campus for sure. The question was are you going to give Cam a package to develop him and to keep the wear and tear off Tebow. Urban answered yes.

Now that being said, people forget that Cam Newton could NOT hit a screen pass in 07 and 08. he needed to go somewhere and get competent quarterback coaching which she was never going to get with Dan Mullen. I suspect if he had stayed he would have looked like Fitz, Emory and all the other Mullen QBs who actually regress as a passer during their tenure. I don't know who they had at Blinn at that time, but we should have hired the quarterback coach at least.

I know there are people who say the Brantleys were pushing behind the scene to for him to win the quarterback job. That may have been true but pressure on external pressure on Urban would not be likely to work.
What could’ve been…

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What could’ve been…
He would have been a TE if he stayed here. He looked like Sabelhaus throwing 4 yard passes in the dirt under Douchebag Dan. Honestly he loooked far worse than Jordan Reed.

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know how anyone could possibly watch the two of them talk more than about 25 seconds. Good grief.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does Cam admit to three counts of academic fraud during this podcast?

If not then why would I listen to his version of what happened? It can’t possibly be accurate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does Cam admit to three counts of academic fraud during this podcast?

If not then why would I listen to his version of what happened? It can’t possibly be accurate.
Stop listening to Sid parrot bull****.

Do you honestly think the school that hid the fact that Aaron Hernandez and Reggie Nelson were shooting people in the street on Gainesville wouldn't sweep anything and everything else under the rug? Do you honestly think these kids actually went to class? Or that we didnt assign "tutors" to do the work for them?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Do you honestly think the school that hid the fact that Aaron Hernandez and Reggie Nelson were shooting people in the street on Gainesville wouldn't sweep anything and everything else under the rug? Do you honestly think these kids actually went to class? Or that we didnt assign "tutors" to do the work for them?

I have a slightly different view of AH and Nelson’s actual probable wrongdoings, but that’s another topic for another day. Where you are spot on is that if there was no Brantley also on the roster, we handle any laptop or academic situation entirely different, and rightly so.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

So now you're claiming that UF knowingly held out information on MURDER to the authorities?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So now you're claiming that UF knowingly held out information on MURDER to the authorities?

The best part of that entire theory was that it was Spring of 2007. Hernandez had never even taken a snap and was a recently arrived freshman. Yet Meyer, fresh off a national championship and universally seen as the best coach in the game, was willing to throw it all away, perhaps even face jail time of his own, to sweep full blown murder under the rug, just in case this kid turned out be any good. :lol:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The best part of that entire theory was that it was Spring of 2007. Hernandez had never even taken a snap and was a recently arrived freshman. Yet Meyer, fresh off a national championship and universally seen as the best coach in the game, was willing to throw it all away, perhaps even face jail time of his own, to sweep full blown murder under the rug, just in case this kid turned out be any good. :lol:
UF would risk having the entire football program shuttered for good if they did something like that. Donkey is insane and ridiculous. Remember, he claims the "school" hid the info, not just Meyer.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Tell me you didn’t listen to it without telling me you didn’t listen to it.
Do I believe that he wanted to stay? Sure, I'll take him at his word on that. But they barely danced around the "issues" and no, they were not "taken care of before he left" (other than the laptop)... his ass was going to be thrown out by the UF Student Honor Code Administration over the multiple academic issues... no one gave a fuk about possible murders let alone the laptop issue... it was the multiple academic issues and his upcoming review/decision through the Honor Code Process that made him leave before he got canned.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Do I believe that he wanted to stay? Sure, I'll take him at his word on that. But they barely danced around the "issues" and no, they were not "taken care of before he left" (other than the laptop)... his ass was going to be thrown out by the UF Student Honor Code Administration over the multiple academic issues... no one gave a fuk about possible murders let alone the laptop issue... it was the multiple academic issues and his upcoming review/decision through the Honor Code Process that made him leave before he got canned.
I wasn’t disputing that. What I was disputing is whether he wanted to stay or not. It seems from the interview (and multiple interviews he has given in the past) that he wanted to stay at UF. He does say in the interview that he had maturity issues ehich may have also led to him not being able to stay at UF.

But the main reason why he left is because he could not get playing time.

He does credit the team and Urban Meyer for instilling the competitive fire in him to become as good as he became. He had pretty much nothing but good things to say about UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.