Can we now be glad we have Mullen and not....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Who is cousin Eddie? why?

images

images

Cousin Eddie was Randy Quaid's character in the original "Vacation" movie. there is a resemblance and Mullinz has been Cosuin Eddie since his arrival in 2005 and always will be!!! Clearly you are a youngster and probably do not know this classic film!

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017
images

images

Cousin Eddie was Randy Quaid's character in the original "Vacation" movie. there is a resemblance and Mullinz has been Cosuin Eddie since his arrival in 2005 and always will be!!! Clearly you are a youngster and probably do not know this classic film!
Thank you FF. I see the resemblance. Was that the vacation they forgot the dog was tied to the bumper?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have him on ignore, so I can't see his posts, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Omar is here defending something FSU related again?

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I have him on ignore, so I can't see his posts, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Omar is here defending something FSU related again?

Correct. Coincidentally, I was just about to add to him to my newfound ignore function. Claims they have no OL or WR’s. He has a point about the OL. The WR’s, not so much.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I admire the fact that Omar takes nothing but abuse and rarely engages it. The guy isn't a Nole - maybe you guys should consider giving it a rest.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You be the judge. Compare our performance Saturday with our performance in 2015.

I will not submit myself to watching anything that has that waste of oxygen on the sideline coaching the Gators. It's like experiencing a blackout after a three day alcoholic binge. The point of the binge was to forget...

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Kentucky is a must win for any UF coach in this era, just like a UF coach should never lose to Vanderbilt. There are always Must Wins, and to pretend there isn't is just fallacy.
If we lost a couple must wins like Kentucky and Tennessee but won most of our underdog games I would feel comforted. We would have to wait until end of season to see it all play out and that's hard to do.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I am very impressed with the attitude and energy of our Gators--both the fans and football team. I understand the talent gap, but this is more about attitude, motivation, and rekindling the passion for the game--to just go out and execute, and have fun doing it.
These kids play football for a reason. Of course they are talented athletes, but they need coaching and motivation to fulfill their potential. And they need to have fun doing it.
That's what was most impressive to me, and I credit Mullen and the coaching staff for that.
Can they keep it up under adversity from more talented teams? I hope so.
I do know this: talent needs coaching. Look at some of those passes from Franks. Pretty impressive and nothing even the most die-hard pumper would have ever predicted.
Coaching, we all have witnessed the difference. Maybe we are better than we think. Or maybe we're just over elated to finally watch an exciting football game with a heartbeat. Either way, I think we beat Kentucky and UTooth, then the real excitement begins.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Did you say the same thing when meyer got beat by Mike Shula and Saban by ulm .Chip kelly lost his first game to Boise. chill it's one game. The back end of year 1 and year 2 is where we'll know who has it. It's how i knew Mac sucked in year 1.

Neither Meyer nor Saban looked as clueless as WT did last night. And in Meyer's case, he had a wrong fit at QB, which accounted for 90% of our troubles, and it was on the road. There was literally no one who felt Francois was a bad fit for this offense. And it wasn't just that. The entire team looked like garbage. And you can't even possibly compare the talent level between VT and the noles.

As for knowing Mac sucked in year 1, Kelly gets a pass for losing to Cincinnati because he lost a QB. But Mac sucked for losing to fsu, Alabama and Michigan despite losing Grier? That makes zero sense.

No one has crowned Mullen. But I'm thrilled we didn't hire WT. He's an absolute clown.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just watched a condensed replay. Franks moved like no Franks I'd seen before. Feieipe seemed to react & think like no Franks I'd seen before. His passes zipped on a rope. He fired it into very tight spots for TDs, much like a star QB would do. At least 7 of his incompletions his receiver dropped or the DB made an excellent poke-away. He needs to be a bit more dedicated to the run once he must, but he ran effectively.

The denunciations 'cause it was CSU do not diminish that he threaded the needle often. That would be the case regardless of that DB being LSU, FSU, MSU etc. the window is the same. Sure the better DL intrusion might cause Franks' nerves to effect his throwing, his decision-making but that onus is on his blockers.

What we really need to see is a vaunted running game. A run game that makes DCs sweat. Our OL falls short there. We've got good enough foes coming up to learn better on. So, let it unfold the way Mullencrew is teaching it. Remember, we took our foot off the gas in game #1 at halftime. Go Gators ... farther.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I admire the fact that Omar takes nothing but abuse and rarely engages it. The guy isn't a Nole - maybe you guys should consider giving it a rest.
:what2:

NO.

GATOR.

EVER.

SUCKS NULL CAWK. And he sucks every Null cawk. All the time.

Even if I had a positive thought about a Null, I wouldn't say it, bc I'm a GATOR. It is what we do.

Last edited:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just watched a condensed replay. Franks moved like no Franks I'd seen before. Feieipe seemed to react & think like no Franks I'd seen before. His passes zipped on a rope. He fired it into very tight spots for TDs, much like a star QB would do. At least 7 of his incompletions his receiver dropped or the DB made an excellent poke-away. He needs to be a bit more dedicated to the run once he must, but he ran effectively.

The denunciations 'cause it was CSU do not diminish that he threaded the needle often. That would be the case regardless of that DB being LSU, FSU, MSU etc. the window is the same. Sure the better DL intrusion might cause Franks' nerves to effect his throwing, his decision-making but that onus is on his blockers.

What we really need to see is a vaunted running game. A run game that makes DCs sweat. Our OL falls short there. We've got good enough foes coming up to learn better on. So, let it unfold the way Mullencrew is teaching it. Remember, we took our foot off the gas in game #1 at halftime. Go Gators ... farther.

Somebody has been watching film with Coach Mullen.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator