Canes spread lies that UF cheated

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You didn't answer the question. Why, in your opinion, is there little basis for a defamation suit?

The OP knew the allegations were false. He clearly acted with malice.

It seems clear cut.
Some random fan can't get sued for lying about a football team come on man seriously!
Oh and something tells me swamp donkey probably knows a little more about the Law than you.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Im not taking you through it in any depth.

The super quick answer is the university cant sue for defamation and no individual was allegedly libelled. The next problem is that the libel was nearly immediately recognized as false. Finally, there is no remedy, ie cash, for losing one day of a recruiting advantage of having a slightly better reputation.

That sounds reasonable.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Melting down in Miami
lol. I need to make some fake twitter accounts.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think you'd be more successful panning for gold in apalachicola bay than getting news on twitter

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
We ain't gonna sue anybody, our spineless AD will publicly forgive Miami of any wrongdoing and probably admit that we are scared to play them on a yearly basis. We have NO STRONG LEADERSHIP!!!

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Great strategy by Miami. True or not.

Honestly, if our bagman is that stupid we need to get a better bagman!

Our bagman is dead. Has been for several years.

Jun 2, 2015
Well, to me personally, this is an embarrassment that one of our stupid, stupid fans posted such an erroneous message. If I were in charge of the message board he posted on I would ban him for life. Secondly, I think we all have to be more aware of the garbage posted on the internet and not believe things without thoroughly checking them out. I cannot believe that Coach Richt would take this as a fact and run with it relative to negative recruiting against UF. So, please do not be so quick to judge without solid proof.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, to me personally, this is an embarrassment that one of our stupid, stupid fans posted such an erroneous message. If I were in charge of the message board he posted on I would ban him for life. Secondly, I think we all have to be more aware of the garbage posted on the internet and not believe things without thoroughly checking them out. I cannot believe that Coach Richt would take this as a fact and run with it relative to negative recruiting against UF. So, please do not be so quick to judge without solid proof.

I don't think it was Richt himself. I believe it was an assistant/assistants. Doesn't mean Preacher Richt didn't give the order though. We'll see what eventually comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.